Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   25,562 miles (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/86505-25-562-miles.html)

HARRYHONDINI 11-22-2014 09:41 AM

25,562 miles

Just recently exceeded 25,000 miles on my '15 Black EX which I purchased 7-13-14 brand new.

This my 3rd Fit which I use in my delivery business.

MILES = 25,434 (last fill-up)
COMPOSITE AVG. MPG = 41.25
FUEL CONSUMED = 616.595 gallons reg grade
COST OF FUEL = $1,947.80
AVG COST PER GALLON = $3.16 (NE Ohio Area)
OIL CHANGE = 2X
TIRES ROTATED @ 21,613

Tinted windows and large rain exterior shields. (gutters ?)
Stream Sirius radio AND Amazon Prime music and a bunch of podcasts via my IPhone 6+ via bluetooth for entertainment.

The only repair to this vehicle thus far has been to replace the roof antenna due to very poor AM reception. (One day job and dealer provided a free 2014 Civic replacement)

This vehicle will travel approximately 70k to 90k annually depending on business demand.

It will traverse the mountains of PA, KY, MI, NY, IL, WV, etc., etc., and all the snow belts of Lake Erie.

90% of all these miles incurred so far, are highway. I.e., turnpikes, interstates, freeways, etc.

Always use cruise control which is set at 68 mph (in the eco mode).

NOTE: Was going to post a pix of the odometer taken 11-21-14 but not sure if am able because of my new registration ?? So, I posted it as an avatar. I think.

Fitmo 11-22-2014 10:14 AM

WOW! …just WOW! I hope it'll take me three years to do that.

Welcome to the forum, Harry! Here's to high business demand. :toast:

stembridge 11-22-2014 10:16 AM

Wow. You'll need another Fit in about 18 months at that rate! (c:

Your car should easily make well over 200K miles - highway miles are about the easiest on an engine…

es

HARRYHONDINI 11-22-2014 10:57 AM

I've been doing this high-mileage work since 1997 and have had mostly Japanese vehicles. Had a couple of Fords and even a Chevy but IMHO they are neither cost effective nor reliable, compared to the foreign Toyotas and Hondas.

I would probably be still driving my 2011 Sport Fit but a deer broadsided me on the driver's side front fender and door while on the Ohio Turnpike last November. Had 150k on the car and was well on my way to 200k with absolutely no problems.

Loved that car. Have some deer crash pics, but don't know how to post pics, at least on this forum.

REMINDER: If you click on my screen name, you should see the actual odometer pic taken last night after returning from Parkersburg, WV.

Thanks to all !!

BLXFITTY 11-22-2014 10:59 AM

Damn.. Mind me asking what you do for a living? Thats a krazy amount of miles in...

Fitmo 11-22-2014 11:07 AM

Your odometer is in the profile picture, which was originally created for a photo of the user.

You can add an avatar in the User Control Panel, click here.

You can also Add an Album for photos, click here.

HARRYHONDINI 11-22-2014 11:55 AM

Thanks Fitmo, tried to upload 4 pix of the deer strike, but only one seems to have made it. LOL

The Album is call "HARRY'S FIT(s)".

I'll figure out the pix uploading eventually.

rodney 11-22-2014 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by HARRYHONDINI (Post 1279146)
Just recently exceeded 25,000 miles on my '15 Black EX which I purchased 7-13-14 brand new.

impressive. i have owned my car for 3 months, but it spent a BUNCH of time at the dealer, so you had a head start on me. i will get there sooner then later. :p

good luck with your car. :thumbups:

Fitmo 11-22-2014 12:00 PM

Ouch! I'd be replacing underwear if that happened to me!

rodney 11-22-2014 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by HARRYHONDINI (Post 1279177)
I'll figure out the pix uploading eventually.

just upload them to a site like flickr, and then link them via the [img] tags here.

we should give you a break though, as you are probably on the interstate at 68mph as you post... :eek3:

HARRYHONDINI 11-22-2014 12:31 PM

This is the 2nd crash I've had with deer. (I've ran over 4 deer carcasses laying on the interstates, mainly in western NY, PA and Ohio.) And even though the ground clearance is minimal on the FIT, I could see no damage to the undercarriage of the car(s).

For those of you that have not (yet) run into a full sized deer, let me share my latest experience with you.

Last November 5, 2013 at 02:30 a.m, I'm cruising on the Ohio Turnpike on may home from a delivery to Ford Motor, in Dearborn, MI.

Hardly any traffic. (weekend). Beautiful but cold night. Very peaceful serene.

When suddenly, a buck runs into the left front fender, bounces instantly into my driver's door, taking out the side mirror and shattering the window and even hitting the left rear passenger door as well.

Called the Ohio State Highway Patrol, made a report, waited an hour for a tow truck to take me home.

I try to avoid night deliveries during rutting season, but sometimes you have to take care of your customers.

BTW, November and May are the two months with most deer/automobile incidents.

Be safe.

Fitmo 11-22-2014 01:00 PM

Never hit one but have come so close so many times I can't count them. Used to spend a lot of time out in the country at night on a Harley and have lost two acquaintances to deer.

I'm a hunter but it just tears my heart out to come upon a deer dying from internal injuries on the road and unable to get away on broken legs. I say a little prayer for them, as well as for the ones I harvest cleanly and humanely.

GeorgeL 11-22-2014 01:44 PM

I've only had one deer hit, driving just after dusk on a highway in Nevada. I was only going 45 and keeping a sharp eye out, but the Mulie was faster and darted in from the side. I hit the 250 pound buck square with the front, but luckily was in a Chevy van, not a compact.

Still, it was enough to put the vehicle out of commission, requiring a 70-mile tow and a day in the shop getting it running again.

I learned my lesson. Driving after dark in open range country was just stupid. It could just as easily have been a half-ton Angus steer.

Timbo Slice 11-22-2014 02:00 PM

Never hit a deer or been hit by one, but one ran over a deer on an interstate with my lowered 2005 Acura TL. Couldn't avoid it. When I got to work and got out of the car, you could hear the meat/skin cooking on my exhaust system. Took me a few weeks to get the undercarriage clean and the smell of deer out of my car.

robot 11-23-2014 04:12 PM

Dang, that's a lot of miles quick. I used to put on a lot of miles on motorcycles because I used them for my weekly work trips that kept me gone most the week. Glad I never hit a deer on the cycle.

I once hit a huge bobcat, or so I think that's what it was. I jumped in front of my car as I was doing about 60 mph, then I didn't hear anything, then all of a sudden my tires ran over it, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw it jump back into the high grass. I pulled over to look at my smashed front bumper and walked back a ways to see if the animal was dead, but couldn't find it. That was one tough animal to take a hit like that then get run over too.

HARRYHONDINI 11-24-2014 10:04 AM

I owned 2 motorcycles back in the 80s.

Ignorance is bliss I guess, but the enjoyment I received driving them at night far outweighed the extreme consequences of possibly hitting any animal, let alone the larger breeds.

The odds of surviving such a crash are not in favor of the biker.

rsad80 12-12-2014 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by HARRYHONDINI (Post 1279146)

....Awesome, great going, thanks for the update, some of us in the forum are looking for update on this little 1.5 liter DI engine, which i am sure will hit 200K without major tuneups.

Thanks again, your posts are most welcome, you only make us smile more :wavey:

Vanguard 12-12-2014 07:41 PM

Just curious, why wait 21,000+ miles for your first tire rotation?

As for deer, I've learned the hard way that, when you see one deer, more will follow. Missing the first one is only half the game.