Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Another noobie (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/86890-another-noobie.html)

BarrieFit 12-21-2014 01:43 PM

Another noobie

Well, just signed the deal to get my first ever Honda. :thumbups: A red 2015 Fit EX Manual. :D Looking forward to getting it on Dec 24th so I can feel for myself what it is like.

BILLBOGEY 12-21-2014 04:49 PM

Congratulations on your new Fit.
There are some topics on this forum about initial problems on delivery. Just do some reading here and learn what to look for. I made a checklist of particular items to check for when I got my car. I was fortunate to have great dealer prep and no problems so for. Got car Sept 6 and have about 2300 miles on it. I have an LX-CVT.
My car was build number 22335, I would guess your build number is at least number 62000. It is the last 6 digits of your VIN.
A good start is thread QUALITY ISSUES FOR NEW FIT. Merry Christmas, Bill

Bawls 12-21-2014 07:57 PM

Congrats! We have the same Fit! I haven't seen too many Canadian FITs roaming around. Only once a week sightings for me. I haven't seen another red fit yet.

BarrieFit 12-21-2014 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by BILLBOGEY (Post 1283442)
Congratulations on your new Fit.
My car was build number 22335, I would guess your build number is at least number 62000. It is the last 6 digits of your VIN.
A good start is thread QUALITY ISSUES FOR NEW FIT. Merry Christmas, Bill

Good guess. My car will be 101336. Not too bad in sales this year I guess.

Thanks for the topic advice. Will check those out now.

BarrieFit 12-21-2014 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bawls (Post 1283459)
Congrats! We have the same Fit! I haven't seen too many Canadian FITs roaming around. Only once a week sightings for me. I haven't seen another red fit yet.

According to the dealer, mine was one of only two they could find in Ontario with no more due for delivery on the incoming schedule any time soon.

Vanguard 12-22-2014 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by BarrieFit (Post 1283478)
According to the dealer, mine was one of only two they could find in Ontario with no more due for delivery on the incoming schedule any time soon.

Enjoy your Fit! What a great Christmas present!

Bawls 12-22-2014 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by BarrieFit (Post 1283478)

So there's only three of us then? Whooo.

Also make sure you read on the quality issues thread and try to make a list of possible quality issues with the vehicle. I had issues with mine but I saw them after I accepted delivery. I just hope I don't find any more.

BarrieFit 12-22-2014 03:48 PM

Good advice

Originally Posted by Bawls (Post 1283538)
So there's only three of us then? Whooo.

Also make sure you read on the quality issues thread and try to make a list of possible quality issues with the vehicle. I had issues with mine but I saw them after I accepted delivery. I just hope I don't find any more.

Thanks for the advice. I've already read a large amount of one Quality Issues thread due to the advice given to me. Wasn't aware there were real issues, but now I am. Also I have good experience having to check 53 foot trailers (ie tractor trailers) that I've picked up direct at the assembly plants for others and thus checking them for damage. Will go over mine with a fine tooth comb.