Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   What did you do to your GK Fit today? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/87459-what-did-you-do-your-gk-fit-today.html)

Spacecoast Tardis 03-01-2015 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fit2BeTyed (Post 1294699)
Does anyone have any recommendations for LED interior lights? There's a lot of options on Amazon, and I'm not sure which one to get.

I bought the kit from College Hills Honda online for that reason, more expensive, but simple and no guesswork.

tbFit 03-01-2015 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fit2BeTyed (Post 1294699)
Does anyone have any recommendations for LED interior lights? There's a lot of options on Amazon, and I'm not sure which one to get.

Swapping out interior bulbs for LED ones or adding new LED lights under the dash or in the console?

stembridge 03-02-2015 09:01 PM

Well, I paid off my Fit loan tonight, so there's that!

es

xxryu139xx 03-02-2015 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by stembridge (Post 1295047)

es

nice! 10 char!

robertsmithfromthecure 03-02-2015 09:59 PM

es

Wow! Congrats dude

acter 03-03-2015 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by cranraspberry (Post 1293381)
Took mine in for an exterior detail today - slightly disappointed that the detailer found a patch of blotchy clear coat on the roof that I hadn't noticed before, but oh well. Love how shiny and clean the car is!

We are in the same part of the woods -- would you mind sharing which detailer you used? PM me if that is more comfortable.

*sob* Pearl is all ..... YUCKY.. from snow.

GoBucky 03-03-2015 06:30 AM

Well, I paid off my Fit loan tonight, so there's that! es

Way to go! That must be a great feeling. :thumbups:

Lublin 03-03-2015 07:16 PM

Purchased the Inno Aero kit and snowboard attachments for my brand new '15 Fit EX. I haven't even picked up the car yet. I take delivery on Friday.

I also ordered the bright pancake LED lights for the trunk.

Fitster C. 03-03-2015 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lublin (Post 1295228)
Purchased the Inno Aero kit and snowboard attachments for my brand new '15 Fit EX. I haven't even picked up the car yet. I take delivery on Friday.

I also ordered the bright pancake LED lights for the trunk.

Anticipation is the best; Enjoy!! :hyper:

PNWFit 03-04-2015 08:27 PM

I've been getting the Fit ready for a 10 day camping/hiking road trip next week 3/12-3/22.

-Ordered an INNO rack as well as an INNO cargo box for all of our camping gear.

-Picked up an OEM nose mask to protect the front end from being sand blasted.

-Tinted the windows 20% for privacy.

-Installed 4300K HID's for improved night visibility.

Has anyone on here made the drive from the Northwest down to Utah? If so, how were the road conditions at this time of the year? I've made the drive from Seattle to Phoenix, but that was during the summer. Not sure what to expect at the tail end of winter/early spring.

Fitster C. 03-04-2015 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by PNWFit (Post 1295390)
I've been getting the Fit ready for a 10 day camping/hiking road trip next week 3/12-3/22.

-Ordered an INNO rack as well as an INNO cargo box for all of our camping gear.

-Picked up an OEM nose mask to protect the front end from being sand blasted.

-Tinted the windows 20% for privacy.

-Installed 4300K HID's for improved night visibility.

Has anyone on here made the drive from the Northwest down to Utah? If so, how were the road conditions at this time of the year? I've made the drive from Seattle to Phoenix, but that was during the summer. Not sure what to expect at the tail end of winter/early spring.

Can't help with the road forecast, but planning some long road trips this year and would love to get a look at some pics of your travel rig. :thumbups:

MsFit 03-05-2015 10:16 AM

Picking up my car from the dealer next week. I appreciate all the info and pics posted. Looking forward to pimping my ride just a bit!

HermTDI 03-05-2015 08:22 PM

What does "GK" indicate or referance to?

Being new to Hondas in general and a new Fit owner I have several questions but I'll start with the fundamentals. What does "GK" mean ?

Fitster C. 03-05-2015 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by HermTDI (Post 1295537)
Being new to Hondas in general and a new Fit owner I have several questions but I'll start with the fundamentals. What does "GK" mean ?

Different Fit model years have different letter designations; I don't remember them at the moment, but 2015 is "K". Welcome! :wavey:

PNWFit 03-07-2015 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Fitster C. (Post 1295405)
Can't help with the road forecast, but planning some long road trips this year and would love to get a look at some pics of your travel rig. :thumbups:

As requested...here's the Inno rack and Thule box mounted!

I'll be throwing on the front mask once we begin our drive.

http://s30.postimg.org/89v0880xd/hondafitthulerack.jpg

Popeye 03-07-2015 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by cranraspberry (Post 1293743)
A lot of people actually really enjoy DIY detailing, since it has a meditative quality to it.

I agree with that 100 %

Fitster C. 03-07-2015 12:24 PM

That looks great PNWFit. I will definitely keep one in mind when sorting out travel logistics. Do you think it would fit around a moon roof visor?

Spacecoast Tardis 03-07-2015 03:04 PM

Bought the iPhone to HDMI connectors, installed all the apps including navigation - trying to get the navigation to work. :confused:

Spacecoast Tardis 03-08-2015 12:38 PM

Got the navigation up and running.
Finally installed the homelink mirror and programmed it, so now I don't have to keep a separate remote in the car to open the garage door. I could not find a switched power on the roof console, so I don't have power to the self dimming feature yet. I also added some aluminum foil tape inside the roof console around the map lights. Seem to make them a little brighter.

Lublin 03-09-2015 11:21 AM

Just get the LED's for the interior lights. They're awesome and inexpensive.

Originally Posted by Spacecoast Tardis (Post 1295991)
Got the navigation up and running.
Finally installed the homelink mirror and programmed it, so now I don't have to keep a separate remote in the car to open the garage door. I could not find a switched power on the roof console, so I don't have power to the self dimming feature yet. I also added some aluminum foil tape inside the roof console around the map lights. Seem to make them a little brighter.