Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   What did you do to your GK Fit today? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/87459-what-did-you-do-your-gk-fit-today.html)

Fitster C. 01-24-2015 10:47 PM

What did you do to your GK Fit today?
 
I am gratefully cloning a thread initiated by Committobefit08 titled "What did you do to your GE fit today?" I quote Committobefit08's apt intro:

"Since the threads are slow today and I saw this on another forum (Acurazine) and thought it was a good idea I figured it would be interesting to see what people posted here.
Just fill in whatever you done to your fit today. If its a modification, washed it, drove, anything chime in. Could be a fun thread to see peoples progress/activity."

I'm just a psyched GK driver, and would like to snap a shot here and there in my travels, and pass it along, hoping to see what others are coming up with also.


http://i.imgur.com/bu2JDez.jpg http://i.imgur.com/yO7c2Ko.jpg

For the curious observer, that is my wife/navigator riding shotgun, as always. Here's hoping for lots of peeps at interesting venues, and/or your GK evolution!
:wavey:





robot 01-24-2015 11:05 PM

Hey, love the color of your Fit, same color as mine.

I filled the tires on the Fit. I do it about once a month on my wife's and my car, the Fit. Sometimes the tires stay pretty good but at other times like today, they were about 28/29 so I brought them to 32 psi.

Since the back of the Fit gets dirtiest fast, I cleaned the back of the car so the whole car looks a lot cleaner. My lazy man way of cleaning at times.

Had to run some errands, stores were busy and REALLY appreciated the back up camera as always. Just love driving the MT. Such a joy.

My reading for gas said I had 24 miles left to the tank, but when I filled up, it only took 8 gallons. Now I know I can go farther than what the readout says.

Only cost me about $12 to fill up.

Fitster C. 01-24-2015 11:16 PM


Originally Posted by robot (Post 1288905)
Hey, love the color of your Fit, same color as mine.

I filled the tires on the Fit. I do it about once a month on my wife's and my car, the Fit. Sometimes the tires stay pretty good but at other times like today, they were about 28/29 so I brought them to 32 psi.

Since the back of the Fit gets dirtiest fast, I cleaned the back of the car so the whole car looks a lot cleaner. My lazy man way of cleaning at times.

Had to run some errands, stores were busy and REALLY appreciated the back up camera as always. Just love driving the MT. Such a joy.

My reading for gas said I had 24 miles left to the tank, but when I filled up, it only took 8 gallons. Now I know I can go farther than what the readout says.

Only cost me about $12 to fill up.

I was immediately amused by the way the Modern Steel Metallic paint changes hue depending on weather and time of day. Gasoline has been a happy subject for the past 2-3 weeks for sure. I also have determined that the range estimate is pretty conservative. I'm guessing that each of the lower 2 ticks on the fuel gauge probably amounts to at least 25 miles. I should be more attentive to tire pressure, and now that I have just retired, will probably show up at NTW at least every 8 weeks to extend my Yokohama tires to the max. Thanks for dropping by Robot, and hope to see you around.

tbFit 01-24-2015 11:32 PM

Nice pics & color...

Today? Mounted CA issued license plate and cleaned the windows from a fog storm earlier in the week.

Fitster C. 01-25-2015 12:01 AM


Originally Posted by tbFit (Post 1288911)
Nice pics & color...

Today? Mounted CA issued license plate and cleaned the windows from a fog storm earlier in the week.

Thanks for the nod tbFit, it sounds like your family is truly on the move! :p Seriously, I would be interested in your Fit/Fiesta experience comparison. They look like close cousins. Also, if you every find yourself with an urge to educate, I would be happy to add "Fog Storm" to my working vocabulary. Best regards.

Fitster C. 01-25-2015 04:59 AM

Tracking Bernardi Order 1
 
Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/25/15 6:23 p.m. (ordered 1/23/15) :hyper:
http://i.imgur.com/TRa3kvB.jpg

Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/26/15 3:11 p.m. :hyper:
http://i.imgur.com/TRa3kvB.jpg
Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/26/15 11:58 p.m. :)
http://i.imgur.com/MFq4Sha.jpg
:yeahthat:
Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/27/15 5:03 a.m. (ordered 1/23/15)
http://i.imgur.com/tmdCBfl.jpg

:bowdown: ooo!!OoOOoo!!! :hyper: OOOO!ooooOO!! :bowdown: OooOO!!!!OOoo :bowdown: !! :hyper: oOoOOo!!oOO :bowdown: !!!!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/sJaOQ4e.jpg
Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/28/15 11:15 a.m. (ordered 1/23/15) :confused:
http://i.imgur.com/moedV6O.jpg
Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/29/15 12:35 a.m. (ordered 1/23/15) :confused:

http://i.imgur.com/9MwkF5I.jpg
:wiggle: ooo!!OoOOoo!!! :wiggle: OOOO!ooooOO!! :popc: OooOO!!!!OOoo :thumbups: !! :yeahthat: oOoOOo!!oOO :wavey: !!!!!!!

Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/29/15 9:15 p.m. (ordered 1/23/15) :bowdown::hyper::ohnoes::hyper::bowdown::bowdown: :eek3: pththhhht!
http://i.imgur.com/HSJ7PgJ.jpg

Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/30/15 11:15 a.m. (ordered 1/23/15) :confused:
http://i.imgur.com/CsZKle0.jpg

:wiggle: ooo!!OoOOoo!!! :wiggle: OOOO!ooooOO!! :popc: OooOO!!!!OOoo :thumbups: !! :yeahthat: oOoOOo!!oOO :wavey: !!!!!!!

Fitster C. 01-25-2015 06:38 PM

1/25/15 - Checked Fluids & Battery Terminals
 
http://i.imgur.com/vWQVH9W.jpg

Oil Level
- OK [first time I've seen an orange plastic dip stick tip, but 2 holes are still present - manufacturer or dealer overfilled, but I'm not blowing smoke]
Window Wash Level - OK [can see fluid in reservoir below cap]
Coolant Level - OK [can see fluid in reservoir below cap - avoid removing cap]
Battery Terminals - OK [no corrosion on either terminal]

Manual suggests fluid checks with each fueling; I like once a month.

Engine compartment is sweet and clean for now :thumbups: :nod:

stephenmarklay 01-25-2015 10:03 PM

First wash today. We had really warm (50 degree) weather.

I installed a cargo liner. Looks good.

Fitster C. 01-25-2015 10:27 PM


Originally Posted by stephenmarklay (Post 1289027)
First wash today. We had really warm (50 degree) weather.

I installed a cargo liner. Looks good.

My cargo liner takes the worry out of putting whatever in the back. I've been using a "Simonize" car wash periodically; they have a good crew, and it seems to put a very serviceable coat of wax on the finish.

tbFit 01-26-2015 11:29 AM

Yesterday... Installed hardwire V1 kit:
http://i.imgur.com/XDsXphf.jpg
Revised seat angle installation with new hardware:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1285232

tbFit 01-26-2015 11:40 AM


Originally Posted by Fitster C. (Post 1288917)
Thanks for the nod tbFit, it sounds like your family is truly on the move! :p Seriously, I would be interested in your Fit/Fiesta experience comparison. They look like close cousins. Also, if you every find yourself with an urge to educate, I would be happy to add "Fog Storm" to my working vocabulary. Best regards.

I like both the Fiesta ST and the 2015 Fit, for different reasons. They do look like cousins, haha! :D

My very talented daughter painted and framed this water color and presented it to us on Christmas:

http://i.imgur.com/m6mdDqB.jpg

The heavy fog the other day caused a serious amount of tree drip at work on the car that needed cleaning.

Fitster C. 01-26-2015 02:29 PM


Originally Posted by tbFit (Post 1289069)
I like both the Fiesta ST and the 2015 Fit, for different reasons. They do look like cousins, haha! :D

My very talented daughter painted and framed this water color and presented it to us on Christmas:

http://i.imgur.com/m6mdDqB.jpg

The heavy fog the other day caused a serious amount of tree drip at work on the car that needed cleaning.

Quite the artist, with a fine lean toward compatibility! Seems like Ford and other American car manufacturers are reaching some tenable ground since the 70's Japan wake-up call! My Japanese daughter-in-law's dad is recently retired from Honda (pronounced H-A-W-N-da by himself and colleagues) so I will probably retain my recent experience bias for a while longer.

wyyup 01-26-2015 03:46 PM

Scheduled an appointment this weekend for tint. Picked up a blue Fit LX CVT last Friday! This is my first new car and my first Honda.

Fitster C. 01-26-2015 04:56 PM


Originally Posted by wyyup (Post 1289094)
Scheduled an appointment this weekend for tint. Picked up a blue Fit LX CVT last Friday! This is my first new car and my first Honda.

I've been here 3 days wyyup, but already find the exchange of info addictive (not a mechanic myself). Clearly there are a lot of very knowledgeable folks out here who would like to see you and your new LX rule! Good Luck and ride well!
:yeahthat:

tbFit 01-26-2015 06:14 PM

Over the weekend...

Added some subtle ivtec decals.

http://i.imgur.com/jZzMhvM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qhtzNzS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3IR9rWx.jpg

and an ivtec badge to fill in the right side:

http://i.imgur.com/2zhuWoU.jpg

And a carbon fiber license plate frame.

Fitster C. 01-26-2015 06:51 PM

Looking good!

Fitster C. 01-26-2015 09:39 PM

First Tire Pressure Check since Yokohama install 11/1/14
 
My handy digital pressure gauge in action. :wiggle:
http://i.imgur.com/SpBnbr1.jpg

Now to check the Manufacturer recommendations in the door beside the driver's seat :eek3:

http://i.imgur.com/H5fmKJg.jpg

OK: LF = 28.5 psi RF = 28.5 psi
.......LR = 29.0 psi RR = 28.5 psi

Honda recommends: 33 psi Front & 32 psi Rear :hyper: Maybe I better visit Discount Tire???
Discount Tire recommends: 36 psi Front & 36 psi Rear :bowdown: Oh man!! are they open???? Nope, they close at 6:00 pm
Oh yea, Boyle's Law. It's really cool outside (often in the 30's). I'll drop by Discount Tire tomorrow, bask in their expertise and let them poke around, and see if they want to do a free tire rotation. Life in the city is good!

Fitster C. 01-27-2015 06:34 PM

Today, Pumped up to 36 psi Front and Rear at Discount Tire (free tire pressure check) :D

Fitster C. 01-28-2015 10:38 PM

Taking care of a rear wheel well lining question
 
Yesterday I read the entire thread "Rear Wheel Well Lining Question". If you have not, I highly recommend it since you may or may not have discovered a ubiquitous design flaw in your new 2015 Fit EX or EX-L. The pics below are my car, and today I called American Honda (American Honda Customer Service: U.S.: [IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]1-800-999-1009), described the problem, as anticipated was instructed to see a dealership about it, and upon request, was given a Ticket/Case # to reference the inquiry. The thread discussion is broad, deep, and well-considered so I will not attempt to capsulize, but bottom line, my action today (especially getting the Ticket/Case #) has been regarded necessary by many Honda owners to convince Honda that this problem requires a fix.

http://i.imgur.com/AlX0dhG.jpgCall
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Fitster C. 01-29-2015 11:05 PM

Sweepytime, Time (thank you Jack Bruce/Cream)
 
First do-it-yourself sweep since retirement :bowdown: Nice touch until the next wash.
http://i.imgur.com/kTGQySG.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands