Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   What did you do to your GK Fit today? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/87459-what-did-you-do-your-gk-fit-today.html)

Fitster C. 01-24-2015 10:47 PM

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

2 Attachment(s)
I am gratefully cloning a thread initiated by Committobefit08 titled "What did you do to your GE fit today?" I quote Committobefit08's apt intro:

"Since the threads are slow today and I saw this on another forum (Acurazine) and thought it was a good idea I figured it would be interesting to see what people posted here.
Just fill in whatever you done to your fit today. If its a modification, washed it, drove, anything chime in. Could be a fun thread to see peoples progress/activity."

I'm just a psyched GK driver, and would like to snap a shot here and there in my travels, and pass it along, hoping to see what others are coming up with also.

Attachment 86822 Attachment 86823

For the curious observer, that is my wife/navigator riding shotgun, as always. Here's hoping for lots of peeps at interesting venues, and/or your GK evolution!
:wavey:

robot 01-24-2015 11:05 PM

Hey, love the color of your Fit, same color as mine.

I filled the tires on the Fit. I do it about once a month on my wife's and my car, the Fit. Sometimes the tires stay pretty good but at other times like today, they were about 28/29 so I brought them to 32 psi.

Since the back of the Fit gets dirtiest fast, I cleaned the back of the car so the whole car looks a lot cleaner. My lazy man way of cleaning at times.

Had to run some errands, stores were busy and REALLY appreciated the back up camera as always. Just love driving the MT. Such a joy.

My reading for gas said I had 24 miles left to the tank, but when I filled up, it only took 8 gallons. Now I know I can go farther than what the readout says.

Only cost me about $12 to fill up.

Fitster C. 01-24-2015 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by robot (Post 1288905)
Hey, love the color of your Fit, same color as mine.

I filled the tires on the Fit. I do it about once a month on my wife's and my car, the Fit. Sometimes the tires stay pretty good but at other times like today, they were about 28/29 so I brought them to 32 psi.

Since the back of the Fit gets dirtiest fast, I cleaned the back of the car so the whole car looks a lot cleaner. My lazy man way of cleaning at times.

Had to run some errands, stores were busy and REALLY appreciated the back up camera as always. Just love driving the MT. Such a joy.

My reading for gas said I had 24 miles left to the tank, but when I filled up, it only took 8 gallons. Now I know I can go farther than what the readout says.

Only cost me about $12 to fill up.

I was immediately amused by the way the Modern Steel Metallic paint changes hue depending on weather and time of day. Gasoline has been a happy subject for the past 2-3 weeks for sure. I also have determined that the range estimate is pretty conservative. I'm guessing that each of the lower 2 ticks on the fuel gauge probably amounts to at least 25 miles. I should be more attentive to tire pressure, and now that I have just retired, will probably show up at NTW at least every 8 weeks to extend my Yokohama tires to the max. Thanks for dropping by Robot, and hope to see you around.

tbFit 01-24-2015 11:32 PM

Nice pics & color...

Today? Mounted CA issued license plate and cleaned the windows from a fog storm earlier in the week.

Fitster C. 01-25-2015 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by tbFit (Post 1288911)
Nice pics & color...

Today? Mounted CA issued license plate and cleaned the windows from a fog storm earlier in the week.

Thanks for the nod tbFit, it sounds like your family is truly on the move! :p Seriously, I would be interested in your Fit/Fiesta experience comparison. They look like close cousins. Also, if you every find yourself with an urge to educate, I would be happy to add "Fog Storm" to my working vocabulary. Best regards.

Fitster C. 01-25-2015 04:59 AM

Tracking Bernardi Order 1

9 Attachment(s)
Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/25/15 6:23 p.m. (ordered 1/23/15) :hyper:
Attachment 86813

Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/26/15 3:11 p.m. :hyper:
Attachment 86813
Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/26/15 11:58 p.m. :)
Attachment 86815
:yeahthat:
Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/27/15 5:03 a.m. (ordered 1/23/15)
Attachment 86816

:bowdown: ooo!!OoOOoo!!! :hyper: OOOO!ooooOO!! :bowdown: OooOO!!!!OOoo :bowdown: !! :hyper: oOoOOo!!oOO :bowdown: !!!!!!!
Attachment 86817
Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/28/15 11:15 a.m. (ordered 1/23/15) :confused:
Attachment 86818
Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/29/15 12:35 a.m. (ordered 1/23/15) :confused:

Attachment 86819
:wiggle: ooo!!OoOOoo!!! :wiggle: OOOO!ooooOO!! :popc: OooOO!!!!OOoo :thumbups: !! :yeahthat: oOoOOo!!oOO :wavey: !!!!!!!

Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/29/15 9:15 p.m. (ordered 1/23/15) :bowdown::hyper::ohnoes::hyper::bowdown::bowdown: :eek3: pththhhht!
Attachment 86820

Tracking my new Honda Cargo Cover and straps from Bernardi 1/30/15 11:15 a.m. (ordered 1/23/15) :confused:
Attachment 86821

:wiggle: ooo!!OoOOoo!!! :wiggle: OOOO!ooooOO!! :popc: OooOO!!!!OOoo :thumbups: !! :yeahthat: oOoOOo!!oOO :wavey: !!!!!!!

Fitster C. 01-25-2015 06:38 PM

1/25/15 - Checked Fluids & Battery Terminals

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 86812

Oil Level
- OK [first time I've seen an orange plastic dip stick tip, but 2 holes are still present - manufacturer or dealer overfilled, but I'm not blowing smoke]
Window Wash Level - OK [can see fluid in reservoir below cap]
Coolant Level - OK [can see fluid in reservoir below cap - avoid removing cap]
Battery Terminals - OK [no corrosion on either terminal]

Manual suggests fluid checks with each fueling; I like once a month.

Engine compartment is sweet and clean for now :thumbups: :nod:

stephenmarklay 01-25-2015 10:03 PM

First wash today. We had really warm (50 degree) weather.

I installed a cargo liner. Looks good.

Fitster C. 01-25-2015 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by stephenmarklay (Post 1289027)
First wash today. We had really warm (50 degree) weather.

I installed a cargo liner. Looks good.

My cargo liner takes the worry out of putting whatever in the back. I've been using a "Simonize" car wash periodically; they have a good crew, and it seems to put a very serviceable coat of wax on the finish.

tbFit 01-26-2015 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday... Installed hardwire V1 kit:
Revised seat angle installation with new hardware:

tbFit 01-26-2015 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Fitster C. (Post 1288917)
Thanks for the nod tbFit, it sounds like your family is truly on the move! :p Seriously, I would be interested in your Fit/Fiesta experience comparison. They look like close cousins. Also, if you every find yourself with an urge to educate, I would be happy to add "Fog Storm" to my working vocabulary. Best regards.

I like both the Fiesta ST and the 2015 Fit, for different reasons. They do look like cousins, haha! :D

My very talented daughter painted and framed this water color and presented it to us on Christmas:

Attachment 86810

The heavy fog the other day caused a serious amount of tree drip at work on the car that needed cleaning.

Fitster C. 01-26-2015 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by tbFit (Post 1289069)
I like both the Fiesta ST and the 2015 Fit, for different reasons. They do look like cousins, haha! :D

My very talented daughter painted and framed this water color and presented it to us on Christmas:

https://i.imgur.com/m6mdDqB.jpg

The heavy fog the other day caused a serious amount of tree drip at work on the car that needed cleaning.

Quite the artist, with a fine lean toward compatibility! Seems like Ford and other American car manufacturers are reaching some tenable ground since the 70's Japan wake-up call! My Japanese daughter-in-law's dad is recently retired from Honda (pronounced H-A-W-N-da by himself and colleagues) so I will probably retain my recent experience bias for a while longer.

wyyup 01-26-2015 03:46 PM

Scheduled an appointment this weekend for tint. Picked up a blue Fit LX CVT last Friday! This is my first new car and my first Honda.

Fitster C. 01-26-2015 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by wyyup (Post 1289094)
Scheduled an appointment this weekend for tint. Picked up a blue Fit LX CVT last Friday! This is my first new car and my first Honda.

I've been here 3 days wyyup, but already find the exchange of info addictive (not a mechanic myself). Clearly there are a lot of very knowledgeable folks out here who would like to see you and your new LX rule! Good Luck and ride well!
:yeahthat:

tbFit 01-26-2015 06:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Over the weekend...

Added some subtle ivtec decals.

Attachment 86806

Attachment 86807

Attachment 86808

and an ivtec badge to fill in the right side:

Attachment 86809

And a carbon fiber license plate frame.

Fitster C. 01-26-2015 06:51 PM

Looking good!

Fitster C. 01-26-2015 09:39 PM

First Tire Pressure Check since Yokohama install 11/1/14

2 Attachment(s)
My handy digital pressure gauge in action. :wiggle:
Attachment 86804

Now to check the Manufacturer recommendations in the door beside the driver's seat :eek3:

Attachment 86805

OK: LF = 28.5 psi RF = 28.5 psi
.......LR = 29.0 psi RR = 28.5 psi

Honda recommends: 33 psi Front & 32 psi Rear :hyper: Maybe I better visit Discount Tire???
Discount Tire recommends: 36 psi Front & 36 psi Rear :bowdown: Oh man!! are they open???? Nope, they close at 6:00 pm
Oh yea, Boyle's Law. It's really cool outside (often in the 30's). I'll drop by Discount Tire tomorrow, bask in their expertise and let them poke around, and see if they want to do a free tire rotation. Life in the city is good!

Fitster C. 01-27-2015 06:34 PM

Today, Pumped up to 36 psi Front and Rear at Discount Tire (free tire pressure check) :D

Fitster C. 01-28-2015 10:38 PM

Taking care of a rear wheel well lining question

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I read the entire thread "Rear Wheel Well Lining Question". If you have not, I highly recommend it since you may or may not have discovered a ubiquitous design flaw in your new 2015 Fit EX or EX-L. The pics below are my car, and today I called American Honda (American Honda Customer Service: U.S.: [IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]1-800-999-1009), described the problem, as anticipated was instructed to see a dealership about it, and upon request, was given a Ticket/Case # to reference the inquiry. The thread discussion is broad, deep, and well-considered so I will not attempt to capsulize, but bottom line, my action today (especially getting the Ticket/Case #) has been regarded necessary by many Honda owners to convince Honda that this problem requires a fix.

Attachment 86803Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Fitster C. 01-29-2015 11:05 PM

Sweepytime, Time (thank you Jack Bruce/Cream)

1 Attachment(s)
First do-it-yourself sweep since retirement :bowdown: Nice touch until the next wash.
Attachment 86801

tbFit 01-30-2015 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed an arm and elbow rest... More pics over on the "Creative solutions for armrest?" thread.

Attachment 86800

wyyup 01-30-2015 08:12 PM

Full Detail

1 Attachment(s)
Took it back to the dealership for a full detail/buff. It had some residue left over from the plastic wrap during shipping. It looks perfect now!

Attachment 86799

Window tint incoming tomorrow.

Fitster C. 01-30-2015 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by wyyup (Post 1289941)
Took it back to the dealership for a full detail/buff. It had some residue left over from the plastic wrap during shipping. It looks perfect now!

https://i.imgur.com/klWSLVV.jpg

Window tint incoming tomorrow.

Ooooooooooo, Perfect! :thumbups:

Fitster C. 01-30-2015 09:53 PM

Home at Last

1 Attachment(s)
A day late and $5 dollars short (storm of the century; whose to complain?) my cargo area cover has arrived. Unless the weather really caves, a definite week-end install! :D

Attachment 86798

Fitster C. 01-30-2015 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by tbFit (Post 1289887)
Installed an arm and elbow rest... More pics over on the "Creative solutions for armrest?" thread.

https://i.imgur.com/oYNfn03.jpg

Looking comfy and tidy; checking it out on the "Creative Solutions..." thread :thumbups:

Fitster C. 01-30-2015 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fitster C. (Post 1289967)
A day late and $5 dollars short (storm of the century; whose to complain?) my cargo area cover has arrived. Unless the weather really caves, a definite week-end install! :D
https://i.imgur.com/fyCyxzD.jpg

Silly me, installed before bedtime. ;) Looks like it should have been there to begin with! Now I can drive my treasure chests around with no worries.

Fitster C. 01-31-2015 04:12 PM

Cargo cover useful, and a super easy install

3 Attachment(s)
External wide-view. Easily removed to clear maximum storage capacity. :wiggle:
Attachment 86795
Install of pivot hinge and suspension cord/cable (nylon) is all there is to it!:wavey:
Attachment 86796
Interior view. Seems to provide some sound insulation along with security :thumbups:
Attachment 86797

tbFit 01-31-2015 05:59 PM

Looks good, thanks for the pics. One way or the other, it seems like it should be a covered/hidden space and if my DIY version ever fails, I'm willing to go this route since I think it looks good in all the pics I've seen.

Fitster C. 01-31-2015 06:39 PM

Good hearing from you tbFit, and to be totally objective, I would have to add that a peek into my Fit just ahead of the new cover provides a ca. 2.5-inch gap. Either window tint (not on my 'ups' list) or some additional item cover (maybe somebody's unused jacket) for conspicuous items in cargo would be advised.

And, regarding your thanks for the pics:

:worthless::wavey:

wyyup 01-31-2015 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Window tint is done! It looks awesome. Should keep the nosy people out.

Attachment 86794

Fitster C. 01-31-2015 11:32 PM

Slick! Does the view from the inside look any different?

tbFit 02-01-2015 12:11 AM

Fit with 2 road bikes

1 Attachment(s)
What did I put in my fit today? Couple of road bikes:

Attachment 86793

Test fit two for a future trip, but today actually just went out with one and bungee corded to the magic seats. Worked well, downside is an extra minute on each side of travel with mounting / dismounting the wheels.

Nice to know that two will fit fine and leaves the rear compartment free for helmets, shoes and gear.

I love that the side doors really open far for getting cargo in and out easily. :)

Fitster C. 02-01-2015 12:54 AM

Cool threshold protector plate seems exceptionally Fitting in this pic :D

wyyup 02-01-2015 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Fitster C. (Post 1290129)
Slick! Does the view from the inside look any different?

Yes. It's darker inside. With the Fit's large windows, tint is just about necessary. Plus, I like that it keeps people from being able to see in.

It makes it harder to see out of your side windows at night but that's only ever a problem when backing up. Fortunately, the Fit has the backup cam so that's not an issue either!

Sam Tsai 02-01-2015 09:57 AM

Install new wheels + tires

6 Attachment(s)
Wheel: Enkei RPF1 17x7 43
Tyre: Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31 205/45/17
Attachment 12505Attachment 12506
Attachment 12507Attachment 12508
Attachment 12509
Attachment 12510

Fitster C. 02-01-2015 10:39 AM

Great pics Sam Tsai, I have found that a preferred set of tires can literally raise the Fit at least a full notch in quality of ride and handling. State Farm paid for my good-condition Yokohamas when settling for my totaled '08 Fit, and I promptly replaced the dealer tires through a swap/credit with Discount Tires.

wyyup 02-01-2015 10:48 AM

I'd like some new wheels for mine. I actually liked the EX factory wheels but didn't want to pay the EX price.

Popeye 02-01-2015 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by wyyup (Post 1289094)

Congrats and welcome

Fitster C. 02-01-2015 04:29 PM

M-R-R-W-aaaaaaa!!

1 Attachment(s)
One day last week, while I was traveling at about 35 mph something either flew off the road or out of the sky (lots of air traffic) and I heard a BIG Clunk. I suppose I just repressed the need to take a look, until this morning. :bowdown: :( :ohnoes:

Attachment 86792
Any tips on how best (short of a full paint job, of course) to make these nasty little craters disappear? :rolleyes: Thanks in advance!

DannyJ7 02-01-2015 04:58 PM

PlastiDipped the front grill and rear chrome garnish. Looks a helluva lot better. Too damn much chrome!!!