3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

EX Rear Shock Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by JAdams
I work at a Honda dealer as well,

I have already had both my rear struts changed out and it is a night and day....but soon after they were changed I noticed the fronts just didn't seem right and didn't compare to the rears. Sooo I had the technician test drive it again and he came back and said the fronts def. were not right. So need less to say Ive now had all my struts replaced. Its perfect now............except the rear toe being completely off which can't be adjusted, so on to the next issue. lol still love my fit tho
Thanks for this info! What do you mean by "wasn't right"? Was there a noise coming from the front as well? How did you tell you had to replace them all?

Old 04-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Know prob! Having the rears installed they just felt a lot stiffer/solid, the way it should feel! So the front just felt clunky and not solid at all, didn't make any noises but felt loose per say and there obv was an issue because now they feel nice and solid. Just need to figure out the rear toe now

Originally Posted by hondafit2015
Thanks for this info! What do you mean by "wasn't right"? Was there a noise coming from the front as well? How did you tell you had to replace them all?

Old 04-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Know prob! Having the rears installed they just felt a lot stiffer/solid, the way it should feel! So the front just felt clunky and not solid at all, didn't make any noises but felt loose per say and there obv was an issue because now they feel nice and solid. Just need to figure out the rear toe now
Hmm interesting! Do you have the new part numbers for the front strut replacement by any chance?

Do you think thus is a safety issue? It's hard to get my dealer to do anything but I worry about them refusing to fix or replace something particularly when there's a safety risk

Old 04-01-2015, 10:09 PM
I work at a Honda dealer as well,

I have already had both my rear struts changed out and it is a night and day....but soon after they were changed I noticed the fronts just didn't seem right and didn't compare to the rears. Sooo I had the technician test drive it again and he came back and said the fronts def. were not right. So need less to say Ive now had all my struts replaced. Its perfect now............except the rear toe being completely off which can't be adjusted, so on to the next issue. lol still love my fit tho
You can add shims if you need to behind the rear hub. This could not be done on the 2nd gen though. First gen yes.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by hondafit2015
Hmm interesting! Do you have the new part numbers for the front strut replacement by any chance?

Do you think thus is a safety issue? It's hard to get my dealer to do anything but I worry about them refusing to fix or replace something particularly when there's a safety risk
I can grab the part numbers tomorrow at work for sure!

Its not a safety issue at all it doesn't make the car feel un safe, it just feels sloppy over bumps and clunky, kind of like bad valving...but Living in New England doesn't help with the horrible roads lately either but the car feels great now.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
You can add shims if you need to behind the rear hub. This could not be done on the 2nd gen though. First gen yes.
exactly what I was thinking! That will be the next thing to fix and make perfect. I will prob wait seeing how I have suspension and wheels going on very soon so I will do it at that time and re align it.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Had mine changed out this week, works well, no problems with the fronts

Old 04-09-2015, 08:05 PM
struts

April 9th, 2015 update
New struts are in, going in tomorrow April 10th at 10 am to get them installed.

Originally Posted by bbhondaguy
March 6th update....
Dealer is ordering new struts for my car. With the new part number:
52610-t5r-a02 (assembly) , not the old strut part number.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:39 PM
struts

Got new rear struts put on. Much better and quieter ride. I recommend this fix with the new strut part.

April 9th, 2015 update
New struts are in, going in tomorrow April 10th at 10 am to get them installed.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Got new rear struts put on. Much better and quieter ride. I recommend this fix with the new strut part.

Great to hear! I'm removing my stock rear shocks tomorrow to install air shocks for towing. I'll have pictures and video to go along with it. Below is the first video in the series.
You can see a lot of the detail of the suspension components. Hopefully it will give this thread a perspective of what the rear suspension is like.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...orber-mod.html

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 04-10-2015 at 04:12 PM.