Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   2015 Fit Factory Front Bumper Mis-Alignment (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/88633-2015-fit-factory-front-bumper-mis-alignment.html)

mdbrich 03-27-2015 10:33 AM

2015 Fit Factory Front Bumper Mis-Alignment

5 Attachment(s)
So I purchased this car at Honda of Katy. I noticed this bumper issue before buying the car. I asked them to fix it before I took delivery of the car. I am assuming they just pushed it up and or taped it or something. Because the second I got home and looked at it was back to normal.

Fast forward two months and the car went to Round Rock Honda Service because my sun visor kept falling off when turning it to the left. They also looked at the bumper alignment. Kept the car overnight to have a Honda Rep look at it.

They took the bumper off, inspected clips and mounting points, everything looked like normal. Go to put it back on and it just wont line up. They got approval to send my car to a body shop and attempt to clip it into place. However he doesn't even know if they can push it up and fix it.

I went so far because I remember when I bought the car the bumper fix was on paper somewhere. I pulled out all my docs from purchase and its not on the WE OWE, or any other document. I now believe it was on the Sales Quote worksheet which doesn't get filed or saved. Meaning that I don't have documentation I asked to fix it ever before purchasing. It now becomes a who said what battle. So for all you other buyers. DO NOT BUY SOMETHINGS THAT'S BROKE, GO FIND ONE THAT'S NOT! ITS YOUR MONEY DON'T LET THEM SCREW YOU OVER.

Problem #1 - If I even need a new bumper for whatever reason, my car has been or will be modified with new bumper tabs. So any normal OEM bumper will no longer be able to fit without the same modifications.

Problem #2 - If they cant fix it. I was told there is nothing they can do and I am stuck with a misaligned bumper forever just because Honda cant produce products in Mexico with the same standards like they do in Japan. The worst part being I saw it before I bought it. I should have just left and never bought something that wasn't 100%. The dealer has that way of making you feel good when selling you terd.

Dont get me wrong I love this new fit. I bought it outright with no loan, so I planned on keeping it a while. Ive owned tons of Honda's with no trouble at all. Every time I walk past the front of my car this will leave a bitter taste in my mouth associated with that large H emblem I've come to love.

89 Prelude
97 Accord
07 Civic SI
05 S2000
09 Fit
11 CRZ
and now 15 Fit

Onto the Pictures.

Attachment 86555

Attachment 86556

Attachment 86557

Attachment 86558

Attachment 86559

PNWFit 03-27-2015 03:03 PM

I too have recently noticed my front bumper being misaligned after 8000 miles. I know for a fact that everything was lined up perfectly before I had taken delivery. The gap between the headlights and bumper is where it's most noticeable while washing the car.

JinKisaragi 03-27-2015 05:05 PM

Both my front and rear bumper are misaligned as well and seems pushed in. Didn't notice the rear bumper was misaligned till about 1 month of owning the car while I was washing my car. I checked the front and it was okay. Then couple months later, I noticed the front was misaligned.

8strung 03-27-2015 11:04 PM

Hey, that looks just like mine! Yeah, you can find several posts about that in the forum. In Houston also, finally seeing some 2015 fits around town! Had mine for 8 months at this point. I think one post said that their bumper was like that after the bumper recall but not before?

Oh and white orchid pearl, good choice.

Bigbadvoodooguru 03-28-2015 02:12 PM

Mine is the same way. My theory is because the new bumpers were designed for the us market only, Honda half assed it and did not account for the extra strain a longer overhang bumper would put on the mounting tabs. This is evident because a JDM bumper fits on the usdm fit without modification of the mounting tabs. I suppose with the different bumper structure underneath it could support the newer bumper without sagging... But evidently not.

mkmyanmar 03-29-2015 07:08 PM

I have my Fit on 1,500 miles now and front left bumber is start showing misalignment now. When I bought it from delar, it was pretty aligned but the gap is a little wide & I didn't give attention. After I drove a few hundred miles on freeways, the air push down the front bumber and getting misaligned now IMO. I will post the picture later.

mdbrich 03-29-2015 07:50 PM

Unfortunate as it may be, I am glad to hear I am not the only one. Of course the service department says I've never seen this before.

doous 03-31-2015 01:35 AM

Mine are just like that . I also have the hatch is misaligned as well. I took it back to the dealership and they had me take it to the body shop .. and i have not heard a response since. this is 3 months ago.. my next step if i can get pointed the right direction is to go through honda. will submit my pictures when i can locate them

mkmyanmar 03-31-2015 08:48 AM

Here is photo of mine.
https://imageshack.com/i/f0fAyqV1j

mkmyanmar 04-02-2015 05:33 PM

Just got from Honda dealership. Met with Service Manager and he told me it is the high volume production car and nothing can do about it. He refer me to body shop and the guys from body shop said that it can't fix it (after talk with Service Manager over the phone). My car has not only misaligned front bumper, it has misaligned top hatch cover too. I was surprised that no one can fix those issue (manufacture defect) and Service Manager from dealer try to convince me what I got is normal for high volume car. He seems defensive. Honda or dealer trained their employee like this? Well I paid for new car (doesn't matter high or low volume car) and deserve the good quality (Honda quality) car. Now I have only one option left to talk to Honda corporate about it.

YourConfused 04-03-2015 12:02 AM

All you guys suck! I was perfectly happy with mine until I saw this thread and went out and looked at my car. It has the saggy bumper issue too. Ignorance is bliss and I am now annoyed by this. So what is the rear hatch alignment issue?

mkmyanmar 04-03-2015 12:29 AM

Well, top left of my hatch is not line up with roof. Right side is perfectly lineup. Body shop told me that when they manufacture the hatch, left top has bent in a bit. I will post the picture later.

Bigbadvoodooguru 04-03-2015 02:15 AM

Honda Corporate isn't going to help you.
They became my main obstacle in getting my leaking misaligned doors fixed. Once I went to them and they wrote in the notes "car is to spec" it was doom after that. Every dealer knows, and nobody will touch it. I was lucky enough to find a dealership on the 5th or 6th try that was willing to do the work. I didn't even bring up my 15 item list of other defective issues with the vehicle (one of which is the bumper, streaks in the paint, discoloring chrome, etc).

Sorry but I think your "Honda Quality" is what you're getting. I know for sure I won't be trying it again ever. Made that mistake three times now thinking it couldn't possibly be that bad three times.
I really wish they didn't even have the EX-L and up. For a 15k car, I could understand some of the issues I've been having. But 20k and all the tech gadgets, leather, etc, blinded me at the time. Don't let it fool you. This car is a $15,000 economy car with low-profit-margin car issues, and a $5k option package. Was a mistake to think it was actually going to have the quality of other 20k-range cars in the market.

mkmyanmar 04-03-2015 03:35 AM

I agree with you as Honda is more expensive than other competitor because of their quality. Now they are missing their selling point. If Honda corporate say it is within their spec, I need an written note from them. I will share with everyone. How can it be a brand new car with over 1000 miles has sagging bumper. Honda can't even built with the good bumper? Now every time I saw other cars (Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, etc..) on the road, I look at their bumper and all are perfectly aligned (no gap too). Like I said, I am a royal customer of Honda and this is my third car from same dealership. If they ignore their quality issue, I will take my business to other brand. They might think my vote is nothing compare to millions of their customer. Well, every vote count, right?

Here is my other misaligned left top hatch.
Left side (off about 0.25" below roof line)
https://imageshack.com/i/ipIFRr8fj

Right side (perfectly lined-up with roof line)
https://imageshack.com/i/pb0LQa7dj

Thundercracker 04-04-2015 09:26 AM

My story

I have a 2015 fit that I bought in June. I took it in for the refitted bumper in February and it came back to me just like the pictures above.

I pitched an absolute fit (lol) about the issue. I even took pictures of brand new cars for comparison.

I troubleshoot computers for a living, so I ended up directing the service manager and his team on how to fix this. What we found was that there are clips where the plastic bumper meets the body. These clips had stress damage when the bumper cover was removed to get access to the bumper beam.

The service manager pulled a brand new car into the shop and we removed it's front clip and put it on my car. We still had the issue. So what he did was remove the mounting clips on either side of the bumper and put them on my car. Then the new bumper cover fit perfectly.

In the end, I have a completely new front flip, including the bumper cover, the bumper and the mounting clips on my car. But it fits perfectly.

If your bumper looks like this you need to replace the bumper mounting clips. It isn't the bumper or the cover that is the problem.

SteveSatch 04-04-2015 12:48 PM

:) Now that I read this thread I dread going to look at my Fit.

Originally Posted by YourConfused (Post 1300586)
All you guys suck! I was perfectly happy with mine until I saw this thread and went out and looked at my car. It has the saggy bumper issue too. Ignorance is bliss and I am now annoyed by this. So what is the rear hatch alignment issue?

mkmyanmar 04-04-2015 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Thundercracker (Post 1300768)
I have a 2015 fit that I bought in June. I took it in for the refitted bumper in February and it came back to me just like the pictures above.

I pitched an absolute fit (lol) about the issue. I even took pictures of brand new cars for comparison.

I troubleshoot computers for a living, so I ended up directing the service manager and his team on how to fix this. What we found was that there are clips where the plastic bumper meets the body. These clips had stress damage when the bumper cover was removed to get access to the bumper beam.

The service manager pulled a brand new car into the shop and we removed it's front clip and put it on my car. We still had the issue. So what he did was remove the mounting clips on either side of the bumper and put them on my car. Then the new bumper cover fit perfectly.

In the end, I have a completely new front flip, including the bumper cover, the bumper and the mounting clips on my car. But it fits perfectly.

If your bumper looks like this you need to replace the bumper mounting clips. It isn't the bumper or the cover that is the problem.

Thanks, I will mention it to them. But the dealer service department shut me off as it is normal for high volume car. I have got the contact with American Honda and I told them I will choose another dealership as I don't trust my old dealer anymore.

Does anyone know Honda dealership with good service @ service department? I live in Bay Area (CA 94015) and I don't mind driving 50 mile range.

mkmyanmar 04-04-2015 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by SteveSatch (Post 1300788)
:) Now that I read this thread I dread going to look at my Fit.

Good luck :)

Thundercracker 04-04-2015 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by mkmyanmar (Post 1300802)
Thanks, I will mention it to them. But the dealer service department shut me off as it is normal for high volume car. I have got the contact with American Honda and I told them I will choose another dealership as I don't trust my old dealer anymore.

Does anyone know Honda dealership with good service @ service department? I live in Bay Area (CA 94015) and I don't mind driving 50 mile range.

That is a complete load of crap. If it were true then the new ones on the lot would have the same problem. Besides, none of our cars are a year old yet.

What you need to do is escalate your complaint. You paid for a car in perfect condition and assuming you haven't had an accident, it should still be perfect.

I have a complete record of every service and tank of gas I have put in my car. It is ok to demand excellence.

hongzhibin1987 04-04-2015 07:48 PM

well.
I hate to say that but
My wife kind hit our brand new fit's front bumper on a cement column couple weeks ago.left several stretches on the front, and i pushed the ding-dong'ed front bumper back to its position. later i realized there was a big gap between the bumper and the hood area, and i send the car back to HONDA service.
The maintenance guy examined it and said it was fine. and he later showed me a brand new car and=--------------------------that one even has a bigger gap than my hit ones.
Now i feed better for myself (weak human...) and bad for you guys.
The good thing is, it is within the tolerance range (should be).
educate me more if i'm wrong.