No Aux... So what bluetooth transmitter are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
No Aux... So what bluetooth transmitter are you using?

So the car (at least my EX) doesn't have an aux cable. My oldest and largest capacity iPod is unsupported via USB. I've tried using a well reviewed G-Cord brand bluetooth / 3.5 mm transmitter + receiver unit, but the car just can't seem to pair with it. The car only ever discovered it once, and when I tried to pair it, it failed. Every other attempt to even discover the thing through the car has failed, and since it's just a small unit with pretty much one button, there's no way to manually tweak things.

Has anyone had success with any other brand? I did do a search and only found one user who mentioned that there are two types of bluetooth transmitter and one type might not work with the Fit... but there was no proof and I've never seen this referenced anywhere else.

Anyone have any other solutions? Do FM transmitters give a comparable quality sound? Anyone use
this thing this thing
with any success?

Thanks for any input.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
The issue with bluetooth is that sound quality will suffer, and it drains the battery quickly.

An alternative is to buy a large USB zip/thumb drive, transfer your music from your ipod and plug it into your Fit. You'll get better sound quality, no power draining your device nor bluetooth compatibility problems. Your oldest ipod has served you well but is currently unsupported, without an aux input option. A USB drive us pretty cheap.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
Why not buy an usb. They are cheap and more useful than a bluetooth trasmiter

Old 11-05-2015, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
I've never tried an FM transmitter with the Fit, but it was awful in my old CRV. It's pretty much a last resort option.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
BT audio depends on the HU, i think. my pioneer HU in my GE sounds pretty good streaming pandora. not sure how the GK sounds as I don't drive the car.

but agreed that FM transmitter is aweful...

Old 11-20-2015, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
The issue with bluetooth is that sound quality will suffer, and it drains the battery quickly.

An alternative is to buy a large USB zip/thumb drive, transfer your music from your ipod and plug it into your Fit. You'll get better sound quality, no power draining your device nor bluetooth compatibility problems. Your oldest ipod has served you well but is currently unsupported, without an aux input option. A USB drive us pretty cheap.
Originally Posted by KikeDiaz
Why not buy an usb. They are cheap and more useful than a bluetooth trasmiter

Thanks for the replies guys, and I'm sorry I'm so late in answering!

Unfortunately that's not an option right now, though. My iPod has outlasted my 3 previous computers and I have music on there that I have nowhere else. I know that's stupid, and I should really back it up (and then I'll have the files to put on a USB stick), but it's literally a month straight of music and it'll take more time than I have.

I guess I'll have to suck it up until I find the time in that case...

Old 10-16-2020, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
Old thread, but new 2020 LX owner here. I found that a TaoTronics TT-BA01 bluetooth transmitter works in the LX. When pairing, the Fit's screen will say "no device found", but if you click on that it will pair after the Fit announces the message to enter 0000 if the device wants a code (this device does not use a code).

However, it will not automatically pair after either the radio or the bluetooth adapter are shut off. In that case, just turn the TaoTronics on, but don't enter pairing mode. On the Fit, go through the pairing process, wait 15 seconds or so after getting the message to enter 0000 if needed, then press the back button to get out of the "add new device" menus and it is paired.

Yes, having to pair after each shutdown is a pain, but not bad if you're on a long drive with a few hours between stops. Also, the bluetooth transmitter works while charging (plugged into cars USB port), and the sound quality is perfect (for audiobooks, haven't used it for music).

Last edited by Ultrawolf; 10-16-2020 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
My phone (Pandora) and my iPod sound Bluetooth sound fine , well as fine as the LX can sound, I guess

Old 05-03-2023, 02:33 AM
Has anyone found a good bluetooth device for the 2017 Fit?

If we have a music playing device that doesn't connect to the Fit bluetooth system and we want greater control over the playback than the thumbdrive audio function permits, a device that receives incoming cabled or bluetooth audio and transmits it to the Fit bluetooth system would be helpful.. @Ultrawolf says the TaoTronics TT-BA01 works with the 2020 Fit. Has anyone found a good bluetooth device for the 2017 Fit?

Old 02-26-2024, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by 1speedbike
So the car (at least my EX) doesn't have an aux cable. My oldest and largest capacity iPod is unsupported via USB. I've tried using a well reviewed G-Cord brand bluetooth / 3.5 mm transmitter + receiver unit, but the car just can't seem to pair with it. The car only ever discovered it once, and when I tried to pair it, it failed. Every other attempt to even discover the thing through the car has failed, and since it's just a small unit with pretty much one button, there's no way to manually tweak things.

Has anyone had success with any other brand? I did do a search and only found one user who mentioned that there are two types of bluetooth transmitter and one type might not work with the Fit... but there was no proof and I've never seen this referenced anywhere else.

Anyone have any other solutions? Do FM transmitters give a comparable quality sound? Anyone use
this thing this thing
with any success?

Thanks for any input.
I'm having the same issue with my 2020 Fit and an external Sirius radio. Tried 2 BT transmitters so far and the car would not "see" them. I'd love to see a known working transmitter mentioned here.

Old 02-28-2024, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by robbbbb
I've never tried an FM transmitter with the Fit, but it was awful in my old CRV. It's pretty much a last resort option.
My external Sirius radio has an FM transmitter built in but the problem is that there is no unused FM frequency that is without hiss. That's why I'm looking for a bluetooth transmitter for the Sirius radio that my 2020 Fit will "see" and pair to. I've tried two transmitter so far and the Fit said "no devices found."