Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Just bought a fit! Have some questions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/92923-just-bought-fit-have-some-questions.html)

icecreamstpete 03-25-2016 02:05 PM

Just bought a fit! Have some questions

Hello and thank you for this wonderful resource!

What is a 'GK' fit? GE?

I just picked up a 2015 Fit EX Manual 6 speed (being delivered tonight!)

Anything I should know?

I really want to talk about audio upgrades with someone... is there a forum for that here?

exl500 03-25-2016 02:38 PM

GK is the current generation's code, GE is the previous.

KikeDiaz 03-25-2016 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by icecreamstpete (Post 1339907)

What is a 'GK' fit? GE?

Anything I should know?

I really want to talk about audio upgrades with someone... is there a forum for that here?

Congrats in your new car!!!

There has been a lot of audio discussion in the page so look it up. But as far as i know you should noise isolate sound with roof insulator(pretty cheap and effective). Buy new audio equipment 6.5 front and rear with 2 tweets, and you can put a small bass in the trunk in one side. That's will be more than enough for the little car. Other than that search in the forum I have seen some threads about it.

TorontoBoy 03-26-2016 06:40 PM

Check out the posts for user "ROTTBOY", from Hawaii. He's done lots of sound insulation as well as 4 speakers, sub, amp and mixer. Others such as BassGuitarist1985 has also done quite a lot.

Hang out on the Fit freak ICE forum for radio stuff, and also the sticky What Mods/Accessories for your new GK???

Warning: This thread is long so pace yourself. It is great for info and contacts.

kenchan 03-27-2016 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by exl500 (Post 1339908)
GK is the current generation's code, GE is the previous.

yes, thus my blog thread says GD to GE to GK :D

Fitster C. 03-27-2016 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by icecreamstpete (Post 1339907)

What is a 'GK' fit? GE?

Anything I should know?

Congrats on a great ride! Suggest you go to Auto Pro (or whatever), buy a $3-4 fish-eye mirror, and stick it to the inside edge of the driver's side rear view mirror. It will spare you a lot of uncertainty about what's coming. Enjoy! :wavey:

cgs2000 03-28-2016 08:55 AM

I had a fish-eye mirror on my Golf, but placed it at the outside edge. Is inside better?

Fitster C. 03-28-2016 09:43 AM

Your choice

Originally Posted by cgs2000 (Post 1340112)
I had a fish-eye mirror on my Golf, but placed it at the outside edge. Is inside better?

With tinkering, I decided the inner edge was less obstructive, and served the purpose of motion detection very well. The outer edge, as you have probably noticed, has that curious angular facet that apparently confuses people more than assists in vision. I felt like the inner edge would provide a flatter, more secure install. Other people have gone with the outer edge for the accessory mirror attachment, so I guess it's a matter of choice. In either case, I feel like it added a significant safety feature to my driving. Hope you enjoy both your new ride AND hanging out here on Fitfreak!