Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   2016 Fit EX-L navi...... (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/93463-2016-fit-ex-l-navi.html)

amy2albright@gmail.com 06-05-2016 10:28 AM

2016 Fit EX-L navi......

Hi Fit Freaks, I'm in the market for my first Fit. I'm looking for a 2016 EX-L or EX-L navi made in Japan but cannot find one. I have found plenty of 2016 EX models made in Japan but no EX-L. The only 2016 EX-L's I have found are built in Mexico. Anyone else having this problem?

bladhmadh 06-05-2016 01:20 PM

I'm happy with my ex-l Mexican built

Jaeger 06-05-2016 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by bladhmadh (Post 1346552)

Yep - never gave country of manufacture a second thought so not a "problem" for me at all - very happy with our car.

amy2albright@gmail.com 06-05-2016 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by bladhmadh (Post 1346552)

@bladhmadh I see you are from Alabama...so am I. Where did you buy your fit?

Fitster C. 06-05-2016 10:34 PM

Bottom line

Originally Posted by amy2albright@gmail.com (Post 1346545)
Hi Fit Freaks, I'm in the market for my first Fit. I'm looking for a 2016 EX-L or EX-L navi made in Japan but cannot find one. I have found plenty of 2016 EX models made in Japan but no EX-L. The only 2016 EX-L's I have found are built in Mexico. Anyone else having this problem?

Last I heard, all EX-L's are being manufactured in Mexico this year.

amy2albright@gmail.com 06-06-2016 08:08 AM

I looked at a Modern Steel Metalic with leather....beautiful!!

bladhmadh 06-07-2016 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by amy2albright@gmail.com (Post 1346576)
@bladhmadh I see you are from Alabama...so am I. Where did you buy your fit?

Freeway Honda in Birmingham. I had no intention of getting the leather until I saw the difference

blazej 06-07-2016 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Fitster C. (Post 1346581)
Last I heard, all EX-L's are being manufactured in Mexico this year.

I heard the same. The EX-L's are in Mexico whereas the EX's are made in Japan. I don't know why, but guess it's due to some sort of efficiency with making the HRV in the same plant.

Interestingly, I drove a 2016 LX that was made in Japan as a loaner for my 09 Fit.

bargainguy 06-07-2016 04:15 PM

I test drove an EX-L this year when my GD3 was totaled. Loved the look of the leather, but the seats were as hard as a rock. Even after 10 min. driving, I was quite uncomfortable. Wound up getting an LX w/cloth seats that were much more comfortable, to me at least. If you're in the market for an EX-L, take a good long test drive before you buy it; hopefully your experience will be different than mine.

Jaeger 06-07-2016 04:22 PM

4 hour drive in my wife's EX-L this weekend. Seats were supremely comfortable. Very happy with the leather choice so far versus the cloth of her old Fit. Too early to comments on durability but nothing so far suggests it will be a problem.

amy2albright@gmail.com 06-13-2016 10:50 PM

Did you get the navi too? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$....

Jaeger 06-14-2016 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by amy2albright@gmail.com (Post 1347136)
Did you get the navi too? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$....

Yes, we got the navi. I'm happy enough with it, though I can't say it's better than an aftermarket Garmin or such. What is nice is the full integration with the head unit and not having to fuss with suction cups and power cords. And once you've gone up to the EX-L level, you might as well go the rest of the way to finish it off.

I thought some more about the leather after reading some comments here and there is just absolutely no question that I would make the same choice again on that score. It just gives the cabin such a clean and upscale look. It's not Lexus quality leather but who expects that? It's entirely within the range of what can be found in mainstream offerings from other manufacturers.

Kimi808 06-14-2016 12:22 PM

A family friend bought the EX-L and complained about the heat from the leather seats burned her legs after parking her car in the hot sun. She ended installing wet okole seat covers.

Jaeger 06-14-2016 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kimi808 (Post 1347166)
A family friend bought the EX-L and complained about the heat from the leather seats burned her legs after parking her car in the hot sun. She ended installing wet okole seat covers.

Seat covers? Eeewww. Maybe she should try a sun screen for the front window.

Bluewind 06-17-2016 02:31 PM

The Mexican built Fits are better improved in quality compared to when the new plant first opened back in summer of 2014.
There's always a learning curve regardless of manufacturing origin for any make or model if starting with a new plant and new model; double whammy.

Does the manufacturing origin really make a difference?
Would it really prevent you from the purchase?

EXL and EXL-N demand is currently higher than the stock available at dealers.
If you find one in the right color, you should buy it!

RedsFit 06-17-2016 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by amy2albright@gmail.com (Post 1346545)

My ex-l/n is Mexican built and looks fantastic. Gaps and spaces are even, doors give a solid "thunk" when closing.

Kimi808 06-18-2016 01:44 PM

Seat Covers

Originally Posted by Jaeger (Post 1347168)
Seat covers? Eeewww. Maybe she should try a sun screen for the front window.

My thoughts exactly when I heard about. The sun screen on the top of the windshield was installed, but the heat absorbed by the leather seat was not acceptable.

Seat covers over leather is like wearing a t-shirt over a tux.

tbFit 06-19-2016 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kimi808 (Post 1347439)
... but the heat absorbed by the leather seat was not acceptable....

Yep, one of the 5 reasons I don't like leather in car:
  • Hot in summer
  • Cold in winter
  • Certain fabrics are too slippery on leather; I road tested nylon pants and it was a slip and slide experience
  • Lighter colored leather will absorb and stain easier than similarly colored fabrics with less ability to remove stains
  • The leather starts to break down in 10+ years and depending on care, starts to look horrible with wrinkles, cracks and sags. Check Craigslist cars for sale of the same make and year that offered leather or fabric to see the difference.
These have been my personal experiences with smooth textured leathers (similar to the EXL+) over the years.

Fitforsale 02-09-2019 10:55 AM

Its nice to know that you guys like the leather seat. Is it real leather or vinyl?

Jaeger 02-11-2019 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Fitforsale (Post 1423120)
Its nice to know that you guys like the leather seat. Is it real leather or vinyl?

Pretty sure it's leather on the front seating surfaces only.