3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Does the 3rd gen have projector headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 01:14 AM
Does the 3rd gen have projector headlights?

Like the title says are they projector or reflector style? Wondering cause I want to upgrade to HID bulbs.

Thanks

Old 07-10-2016, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
They're traditional halogen reflectors.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:39 PM
USDM are using only Halogen bulbs with reflectors
JDM top trims and RS uses projectors. you can get a set from ebay but be prepared to pay a premium for those
or ... you can buy the CoPlus LED projector headlight for the same money ...
COPLUS INC.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:04 PM
US Model?

Originally Posted by Dr1v3r
JDM top trims and RS uses projectors. you can get a set from ebay but be prepared to pay a premium for those
COPLUS INC.
Would these be an easy swap on the US version or would it require electrical work ?

Old 08-12-2016, 09:27 PM
They are plug and play. Just remove the old headlight and install this ones

Old 11-22-2016, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
They are plug and play. Just remove the old headlight and install this ones
What about daytime running lights if you do this? The Fit's DRL's work by sending low voltage to the halogen instead of the full 11.5 to 14.5 volts from the battery or alternator. Not sure how low the voltage is, but halogens will shine dimly at low voltage, LEDs and HIDs may not shine at all. So then you'd need to figure out an alternative way to have DRLs.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:32 PM
They have integrated day time running light. The low beam leds are running but not as bright. Same idea as the halogen lights

Old 11-23-2016, 10:15 AM
COPLUS INC.
$1350 for headlights. lol

Old 11-24-2016, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elziff0
$1350 for headlights. lol
What's wrong with that?

I have them too and they look fantastic!

Before I got them, I did a retrofit with projector HIDs and the CoPlus perform 10x better than the the retro'd HIDs.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by andre181
What's wrong with that?

I have them too and they look fantastic!

Before I got them, I did a retrofit with projector HIDs and the CoPlus perform 10x better than the the retro'd HIDs.
I've never met anyone who spent a ton of money on a mod who didn't tell everyone how awesome it was.

Spending 10% of a cars total value on something that doesn't increase that value is just funny.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by elziff0
I've never met anyone who spent a ton of money on a mod who didn't tell everyone how awesome it was.

Spending 10% of a cars total value on something that doesn't increase that value is just funny.

++1 thats simply ridiculous amount of money for a few pieces of metal and plastic. Im curious on the burden cost versus what it sells for.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Look guys. Some spend money on hookers, drinks, gambling, or don't spend at all...
We love to spend on parts for our cars... if you like it or not we don't care. so keep you smart attitude for your self and keep doing only reasonable purchases... but I don't think spending money on a new car is exactly it. Is it???

Old 11-30-2016, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Look guys. Some spend money on hookers, drinks, gambling, or don't spend at all...
We love to spend on parts for our cars... if you like it or not we don't care. so keep you smart attitude for your self and keep doing only reasonable purchases... but I don't think spending money on a new car is exactly it. Is it???

Where do you purchase them from??

Old 11-30-2016, 02:58 PM
directly from CoPlus. I contacted them via email and ordered them directly. I got them delivered in like 1week - 10days

Old 11-30-2016, 04:15 PM
Touche, I invested almost 2 grand in upgrades to my 2015, which are now transferred to my 2017. hell I've equally spent that much on beer brewing equipment and tons of man cave stuff like kegerators, signs, audio equipment, and hell even a 12 foot custom made bar in the basement!! Buying a new car (or used) is a depreciating investment, period. It being a reasonable investment depends on the person and the vehicle model on retaining its market value over time.

Not saying its an unreasonable purchase as the light output is such a huge difference from the OEM halogen. What I mean is that its an unreasonable price, and its likely that high because people are willing to pay it to have a proper projector assembly. I'd bet you a dime to a donut those light assemblies are likely no more than say $200 or so USD to make. What you spend is the taxes, duties, and other import fees including shipping to get it to your door. The markup/margin must be astronomical I'd bet!

Bass

Old 11-30-2016, 04:37 PM

Now we are talking

Old 11-30-2016, 04:54 PM
Exactly. Sorry to hijack the threadbut im a big spender too. Just hard to justify 1500 bones for lights, but $1500 for something else to destroy my liver...sure why not?!

Custom 12 foot bar

Dual tap kegerator with a crap ton of 5 gallon beer kegs to drink

Bally Embryon pinball. Its a wide body. Last of 5 games. This is fully restored from 1981. All work with the exception of playfield graphics are done by me.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:07 PM
Hey Bass, this kind of reply, I understand it fully and I totally relate with it, cause when we spend money on stuff we don't really need is all based on our own taste, hobbies, pleasures.
Bashing someone else cause he waste money on something you don't value is not the right way to go. This is just my opinion.

On a different note I was following your build and I like it. I did lots of other stuff to my Fit beside the light but after getting all the criticism on spending 1350 on light I changed my mind on posting the rest.

Last edited by Dr1v3r; 11-30-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Bass, this kind of reply, I understand it fully and I totally relate with it, cause when we spend money on stuff we don't really need is all based on our own taste, hobbies, pleasures.
Bashing someone else cause he waste money on something you don't value is not the right way to go. This is just my opinion.

On a different note I was following your build and I like it. I did lots of other stuff to my Fit beside the light but after getting all the criticism on spending 1350 on light I changed my mind on posting the rest.
Hi Dr1v3r,

don't worry about other poster comment, in every internet forum board,
there is always disagreement...
when I start posting here long time ago and start a few thread containing my project, I received many positive response and there is always some few negative respond...
I keep on going, and I think I made good progress on my car
plus the journey (and the spending) still make me smile and happy in my heart when I see my car.
so for me, as long as I am happy and I don't bother other, than it's ok

Please continue posting your progress !

by the way, nice headlight,
too bad they do not make one for USDM GE.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:39 PM
Hey no worries, I meant no disrespect on the headlight assembly purchase. The amount of stuff ive done to my car im sure others would say the same thing I've said. Bottom line if it makes you happy, got the extra cash to spend, bills are paid, then power to ya right? :-)

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Does the 3rd gen have projector headlights?