Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Help! My car won't start. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/94810-help-my-car-wont-start.html)

exl500 12-18-2016 11:15 AM

Help! My car won't start.

Got in to pick up a friend at the airport, having opened the hatch normally. Hit the start button and got chimes and green lights, but no ignition. The head and taillights came on as normal. Transmission stuck in Park.

Removed the manual key and held the fob to the start button and it fired up. Ran it a few minutes, turned it off, and it wouldn't start, like the first time. Had to use the manual key to lock.

Will call Honda Assistance, but any thoughts or similar problem?

Thanks.

exl500 12-18-2016 01:31 PM

The other fob worked fine. It's the fob. Off to the dealer.

kenchan 12-18-2016 01:46 PM

or just low battery maybe?

exl500 12-18-2016 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1360373)
or just low battery maybe?

Nope, fob brain fade. New batteries in both in May, so it was a failure of the fob itself. Whew.

On the plus side, I got to drive my friend's Scion iA. Ugly face, but it blows the Fit out of the water for luxury and quality.

stembridge 12-19-2016 12:52 PM

FOB was my first guess before reading through the thread. Mainly because the same thing happened to me, only I had simply walked out of the house without the FOB in my pocket. Sat there for almost a minute trying to figure out why the car wouldn't start!

The dementia seems to have started… (c:

es

kenchan 12-21-2016 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by exl500 (Post 1360376)
Nope, fob brain fade. New batteries in both in May, so it was a failure of the fob itself. Whew.

On the plus side, I got to drive my friend's Scion iA. Ugly face, but it blows the Fit out of the water for luxury and quality.

wat was da cause of the fobs losing memory? did u get them wet or something? what is it different on your new fobs dat promises this won't ever happen again? need to ask the tuff but smart questions.

Fit_as_a_butchers_dog 12-21-2016 09:22 PM

Ugly face, but it blows the Fit out of the water for luxury and quality.

Ah, hahahaahahahahahahahaaha!

bach 12-21-2016 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fit_as_a_butchers_dog (Post 1360559)

I think the iA is a great deal, nice price for all that you get. That front maw is a bit much but then there are some that can't get past the Fit rear either. Probably the best thing about it is that it isn't a Toyota, it's a rebranded Mazda2 that Mazda won't sell in the U.S. for some reason.

exl500 12-22-2016 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1360549)
wat was da cause of the fobs losing memory? did u get them wet or something? what is it different on your new fobs dat promises this won't ever happen again? need to ask the tuff but smart questions.

We have a guest at the moment. I'll follow up next week.

exl500 12-22-2016 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Fit_as_a_butchers_dog (Post 1360559)

Don't worry. I still love my Fit more.

kenchan 12-23-2016 08:05 AM

scion and luxury in da same sentence is kinda funny though. :D

exl500 01-12-2017 01:22 PM

Update: Courtesy Palm Harbor replaced the fob under warranty. No idea why it went south, nor has anyone else's.

On another note, I've had one tire that has had a slow leak since 2015. The tech found a nail in the tire and it was patched for $34. No one saw it in 2 tire rotations, but they didn't know to look for it. Amazingly, my mileage has immediately jumped from mid to high 30s to mid to high 40s over the same trips I take. So it will pay for itself!

Press Fit 01-13-2017 06:52 AM

To promote future customers Les Schwab patches tires for FREE, while you wait. Tire brand doesn't matter. I think they will even put the car on the lift, but I have always just rolled the tire, with nail, into their shop.

exl500 01-13-2017 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Press Fit (Post 1362223)
To promote future customers Les Schwab patches tires for FREE, while you wait. Tire brand doesn't matter. I think they will even put the car on the lift, but I have always just rolled the tire, with nail, into their shop.

Good to know if it happens again, although they have no stores within 100 miles of me. Someone else may do this. Of course, I had no idea I had a nail in my tire for 12K miles...

KikeDiaz 01-21-2017 01:03 AM

I got to drive my friend's Scion iA. Ugly face, but it blows the Fit out of the water for luxury and quality.

Really? I drove the mazda 2 and it was so slow in the highway. It has 106 hp that's a lot of difference between the 130 that the honda has with vtec. :vtec:

But agree witht he quality and materials they are just premium. Mazda wants to be a semi premium brand. Something like audi because now they are alone they have no other company. In everything else, except the quality interior, the fit wins hands down. Not so true in other segments like the crv or mazda 6 or 3.

littleriver 05-30-2018 04:16 PM

Help. My Car Won't Start

Took long trip (100 miles) two days earlier. Day 3 car won't start. everything is dead (door locks, dash lights, entertainment system, even the little red blinking dash light is out) No "click" when trying to start. Jumped battery and car started right up. Drove to dealer (10 minute drive) and they said battery is fine and fully charged. This is the third time this has happened usually about 4-6 months apart each time. Car is a 2015 EX with 15K miles on it. Dealer says unless I can duplicate problem in their driveway they haven't a clue. Key fobs are working fine. Any suggestions?

bargainguy 05-30-2018 04:28 PM

Could be all kinds of reasons, and I hope the dealer went through at least some of these: bad ground, bad fuse, bad ECM, bad alternator. Saying you have a good battery is somewhat meaningless if your electrical system intermittently goes completely dead. What's the "good" battery doing then?

I'd contact Honda corporate. Document your issue with them and get their feedback and assistance outside the dealer who just said you had a good battery. Even if you're out of warranty as far as the 3 yr. limit, your miles are negligible and Honda should be willing to help if it's a parts or service issue.

woof 05-30-2018 06:52 PM

I think the point is that if it's not actually dead in their hands they're not going to waste time troubleshooting anything. There is no problem - you brought in a car which runs fine. I think what you'll have to do next time this happens is to get the dead car towed in to them so that they have something which they can work on - a car which actually has a problem which they can run down.

robs 06-01-2018 04:21 AM

Logged 90k miles on my 2015 and this too was my first issue. New battery in fob. Decided to stop working similar to yours.

Took my fob that was being stupid and smacked it hard against my palm. Started working. Must be something loose inside the little critter. Or just use the backup and don't worry about it! :)

As an old guy, yeah, blunt force still works! :D

kenchan 06-01-2018 09:51 AM

crt TV style..