3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

P219A Code

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
My dealer charged $350 for a fuel system cleaning - didn't accomplish a thing!
You should argue that it was an improper repair (because it didn't fix the problem) and they should refund that money
Honda codes:
https://www.engine-light-help.com/ho...ine-light.html

Generic codes:
https://www.obd-codes.com/p20-codes

I don't see either P219A or PA219
Those lists look severely outdated.
We have letters and 6 characters in some fault codes now

Old 02-11-2019, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezone
You should argue that it was an improper repair (because it didn't fix the problem) and they should refund that money
Those lists look severely outdated.
We have letters and 6 characters in some fault codes now
They have an answer for everything. "It definitely needs a fuel system cleaning. If that doesn't solve the problem, we'll take it from there."

Old 03-04-2019, 07:06 PM
P219A error code advice needed.

Hello guys. I live in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada and I own a 2015 Honda Fit with 89K miles. The car has been great and we really enjoy it. Approx 4 months ago the error code P219A air/fuel would pop up. I would reset it however it started coming back sooner so I took it into the local Honda dealer. After troubleshooting they recommended that I replace the spark plugs and adjust the valves. I took the car home and I replaced the plugs, however the error code still comes up and it's happening much more frequently. I also noticed when replacing the plugs that one of them was very dark in color while the others looked normal. I need to take the vehicle back in to be repaired, but I'm wondering if I have an injector problem in that cylinder? I'm a little hesitant to pay the $400.00 to get the valves set only to find out it was a waste of money. Also if it is an injector I assume that all 4 would have to be replaced (because of the new style fuel rail ) or could a single injector still be replaced? Thank you for any advice given.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
I wonder if your injectors are on the way out. Even at 89K, I'd contact Honda corporate and let them know of your problem. Doesn't hurt to ask, and they might be willing to help on any repair.

As to whether you can replace a single injector, nope. They're sold in flow-matched groups of 4, and they're not cheap.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
There are previous discussions on the P219A error code. Do a search. From what I recall you're probably headed for replacement of fuel injectors and a new fuel rail. This problem keeps popping up on the 2015's.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
So today all my dash lights came on and now it’s throwing some additional codes in addition to the P219A and the 0420 codes, around bank 1 running lean.

My my mechanic is saying the air fuel ratio sensor is causing all the codes to throw and the misfire in p2/p4.

Does that sound right? Before I borrow $2500 to replace the cat and the fuel injectors.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gina*Baby
So today all my dash lights came on and now it’s throwing some additional codes in addition to the P219A and the 0420 codes, around bank 1 running lean.

My my mechanic is saying the air fuel ratio sensor is causing all the codes to throw and the misfire in p2/p4.

Does that sound right? Before I borrow $2500 to replace the cat and the fuel injectors.
P219A is caused by the fuel injectors. They aren't squirting equal amounts of fuel. That alone can cause other codes that usually turn out to be false (the cat code, lean code, rich code, etc)

Replace fuel injectors first. Then erase all codes and drive it. If cat is good the P0420 code will not return.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member

Is it a 2015? They had bad fuel injectors, but Honda isn't accepting responsibility. Try to find a good independent mechanic, and be sure to use Honda parts.I replaced a mass air flow sensor with a part from AutoZone ($30), and it didn't work. I had to buy the Honda part for almost $300. We spent over $700 on my son's car to get it to pass inspection, trying one thing after another. A week after it passed, the Ck Eng lights came back on. Then the car was totaled - good luck for us because injectors were the next item on the repair menu.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Is it a 2015? They had bad fuel injectors, but Honda isn't accepting responsibility. .
Honda is accepting responsibility if the car is still under warranty, but since the cars affected were 2015 and early 2016 models the warranties have now pretty much all expired on cars with this problem.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
It is a 2015, yes.

Is there any way to force Honda to help with some of the responsibility? Has anyone reached out to consumer affairs or the BBB? There’s only a $100 variance on replacing the fuel injectors between my shop and the dealer, which is still around $1200 +/- and I’d prefer not to have to shell out all this money when I still owe on it.

Im just so at a loss. I’ve owned nothing but Honda my whole driving life and have never experienced anything like this.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
Force Honda corporate to do anything? Short of taking them to small claims court, or pursuing lemon laws applicable in your state, I can't think of any legal action to threaten them with.

Having said that, you can lean on them. Contact corporate and tell them of your concern that the injectors/rail were faulty to begin with and you shouldn't be on the hook for repairs.

One nuclear option that is not often used nowadays - picket the dealership. I'm not kidding. Stay off their property, only state the facts and if necessary, contact the police beforehand to discuss local laws and notification for picketing in public. Tell anyone who stops to listen to you that Honda is making you cough up over a grand for something that you think is their fault, and you might want to think about buying a Fit or other Honda product there. Funny how the dealership will suddenly care about the picketer's original problem. They often come running when they find out what you're doing.

Last edited by bargainguy; 04-10-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
I once called a radio station's "morning show" to discuss a problem and they called the dealer while I was on the phone with them --- got my problem addressed quite rapidly and to my satisfaction after that.

But that's with a dealer who lied to me and tried to blow me off.

In the above situation, I wouldn't go to this extreme. I'd end up asking Honda corporate for "good faith" help but ultimately, it's out of warranty. Unfortunate as it may be.

Steve

Old 04-20-2019, 10:58 AM
Unhappy

Hey folks, I think I (unfortunately) need to contribute my .02 to this problem. I've got a 2015 Fit LX manual transmission, just over 56k miles:

For the past six months, I have been dealing with the engine light problem (see codes above... I know it was one of those... fuel injectors, as well). (1) Took to my local Honda dealer - they gave me the "$200 to diagnose, over $2000 to replace fuel injectors" bit, and it didn't take long, nor did they express concern or even surprise at the diagnosis. (2) Took to trusted mechanic - then another mechanic, tried a cleaning, plus some diagnoses... over $400 total, still same light kept coming on. (3) Took to Schomp Honda in Denver same diagnosis... looking at another $2000 or more, ended up being $400 out the door because a pretty awesome service dude (Rick) did his absolute best to let Honda Corp know that this was not right. I like to spin narratives, so one of the things I told the dealer where we bought the car (Schomp in Denver) was that the last mechanic in Colo Springs told me when I picked up the car (with the fuel injector problems still there) was "You're not going to drive this, are you?" (This was out of concern for my safety, not because they wanted more money.) This is on a HONDA. With 56,000 miles. That's pathetic. (Again, see previous posts in this thread.)

So, we're out about $1000 on a repair that seems unusual.

I'm with the majority of folks here: This 2015 3rd gen. Honda Fit is trash. Could be the Mexico assembly. Could be the parts/engine, and I couldn't care less if it was assembled in Mexico, Egypt, or Antarctica. Who cares?

I'm looking to get rid of this thing as soon as possible, before the next out-of-warranty event happens.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:05 AM
Cool

Congrats on getting this many miles on it before the P219 code! I only got 56,000 before ending up $1000 out of pocket to have it fixed. (Oh, and that was after a lot of shop time and getting Honda to cover a lot of the costs.)

This car is garbage. It looks like you're looking for advice, and my non-tech wisdom would be to dump this thing and get a Prius. That's my route. I figure if people are going to give me a hard time about what I drive, I might as well feel good about it when I start the engine.

Good luck!

Old 04-20-2019, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
It is a 2015, yes.

Is there any way to force Honda to help with some of the responsibility? Has anyone reached out to consumer affairs or the BBB? There’s only a $100 variance on replacing the fuel injectors between my shop and the dealer, which is still around $1200 +/- and I’d prefer not to have to shell out all this money when I still owe on it.

Im just so at a loss. I’ve owned nothing but Honda my whole driving life and have never experienced anything like this.
Some people think Honda is in business to make cars. Wrong! Honda is in business to make money. By declining to replace the injectors that they knew were defective right from the start, not only are they not paying, buy they are making you pay them to correct their mistake. Handshakes and bonuses all around!

I used to be a Honda fan, too, but after the way they treated me over repairs, I realize it's just another big profit-making machine. $350 to replace a key? Sure, that's realistic.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by illoomination
Hey folks, I think I (unfortunately) need to contribute my .02 to this problem. I've got a 2015 Fit LX manual transmission, just over 56k miles:

For the past six months, I have been dealing with the engine light problem (see codes above... I know it was one of those... fuel injectors, as well). (1) Took to my local Honda dealer - they gave me the "$200 to diagnose, over $2000 to replace fuel injectors" bit, and it didn't take long, nor did they express concern or even surprise at the diagnosis. (2) Took to trusted mechanic - then another mechanic, tried a cleaning, plus some diagnoses... over $400 total, still same light kept coming on. (3) Took to Schomp Honda in Denver same diagnosis... looking at another $2000 or more, ended up being $400 out the door because a pretty awesome service dude (Rick) did his absolute best to let Honda Corp know that this was not right. I like to spin narratives, so one of the things I told the dealer where we bought the car (Schomp in Denver) was that the last mechanic in Colo Springs told me when I picked up the car (with the fuel injector problems still there) was "You're not going to drive this, are you?" (This was out of concern for my safety, not because they wanted more money.) This is on a HONDA. With 56,000 miles. That's pathetic. (Again, see previous posts in this thread.)

So, we're out about $1000 on a repair that seems unusual.

I'm with the majority of folks here: This 2015 3rd gen. Honda Fit is trash. Could be the Mexico assembly. Could be the parts/engine, and I couldn't care less if it was assembled in Mexico, Egypt, or Antarctica. Who cares?

I'm looking to get rid of this thing as soon as possible, before the next out-of-warranty event happens.
Fortunately, my son's 2015 Fit was totaled, and he bought a 2019. I'm still stuck with my 2015 Fit, though.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:19 AM
Fortunately, my son's 2015 Fit was totaled, and he bought a 2019. I'm still stuck with my 2015 Fit, though.
I wish someone with bad intentions would steal this car and do enough damage to total it, not hurting anyone in the process. But then, who in their right mind would jack a 2015 Fit?

Old 04-20-2019, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
I wish someone with bad intentions would steal this car and do enough damage to total it, not hurting anyone in the process. But then, who in their right mind would jack a 2015 Fit?
I hesitate to comment for fear of being declared an accessory before the fact.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
I have been wanting the same and have been talking to the Gods to see if he’ll work something out for me. Haha

Just got the car back on Tuesday and it still feels like crap and paid out $1300 to replace the fuel injectors.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
I have been wanting the same and have been talking to the Gods to see if he’ll work something out for me. Haha

Just got the car back on Tuesday and it still feels like crap and paid out $1300 to replace the fuel injectors.
If it's not running right, bring it back. They'll test drive it and tell you it's fine.

If my injectors go bad, I'll do the job myself. It's an awful job, but my only cost will be the very expensive Honda parts.

Speaking of Honda parts, I had to replace the MAF sensor - $30 at Autozone. No good. I had to pay almost $300 for the Honda part. A mechanic told me that the Honda computer in the car looks for a Honda part, and if it doesn't see it, it gives an error code. It just a couple of minutes to install it. I wonder what Honda would have charged.

As for that Autozone part - with a Lifetime warranty - if you install it, that's the end of the warranty. Even though it didn't work in the car, they wouldn't take it back because it had been installed.

Quick Reply: P219A Code