3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

contact Honda now and ask for automatic climate control

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 02:05 PM
I would have liked the auto climate myself, but TBH its way more complexity and more stuff to potentially go wrong.

Some dude named Conner already made a DIY for the 2nd gen. Damn impressive too.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...onversion.html

Old 04-17-2017, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
ur BMW is one of the worst examples of how climate control works.. seriously, even the newer 3-series suck, dont think that all climate controls are like dat because my cars work fine. i think generally BMW drivers who have their lower rank cars are silly.. they suffer and accept the discomfort just for the badge.

Chevy
Ford
Nissan
VW
PORCHE
DODGE

ALL SUCK.. in my experience.. YMMV

Old 04-17-2017, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Chevy
Ford
Nissan
VW
PORCHE
DODGE

ALL SUCK.. in my experience.. YMMV
With the exception of the 2008 Suzuki SX4 Turing, I have had no experience with ACC. It was good, it would blow warm or cool as required within a half mile of start up and pull off, no engine warm up needed. Window defrost was about a half mile ahead.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member
Mine has it, and aside from looking way better, it's quite good at switching automatically between defrost, dash and under dash vents depending upon how cold or hot it is.

The only problem is that it's a dust magnet and since it's a touch screen, you just have to look at the dust until the car is off or you'll end up changing all sorts of settings.

I'm sure there's some added complexity, but knobs are so last century.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Belch
... but knobs are so last century.
Simple, reliable, and easy to use. Even dust doesn't compromise their functionality and reliability!

Old 04-20-2017, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Buck Fitty
Simple, reliable, and easy to use. Even dust doesn't compromise their functionality and reliability!
On the other hand, it looks so much better without all those knobs.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
Says you...

Old 04-20-2017, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member

Take away the volume knob on the radio and people cry and whine. Then other people want the heat/AC knobs replaced with a touch screen. I'm glad I'm not Honda and have to worry about making everybody happy.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
One of the top five fails on new cars is after the first 4 to 5 years is the electronics, head units and climate control, lighting controls etc.. 4 year car flippers typically won't see the issues,, I have a 1994 Jeep I bought brand new.. I hang on to stuff for a while. So less electronics the better..

My 94 jeep has 15 fuses,, 07 fit has about 30, 2005 BMW has about a hundred I haven't been able to count them all and get the same number..

I prefer a analog style volume knob just for the less thinking aspect ,, What can I say I'm old ,, but sometimes I just want it to change instantly..

Old 04-20-2017, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
One of the top five fails on new cars is after the first 4 to 5 years is the electronics, head units and climate control, lighting controls etc.. 4 year car flippers typically won't see the issues,, I have a 1994 Jeep I bought brand new.. I hang on to stuff for a while. So less electronics the better..

My 94 jeep has 15 fuses,, 07 fit has about 30, 2005 BMW has about a hundred I haven't been able to count them all and get the same number..

I prefer a analog style volume knob just for the less thinking aspect ,, What can I say I'm old ,, but sometimes I just want it to change instantly..
I've had at least as much trouble from pre-2000s cars as from post. Drive train warranties only cover some electronics.

But the days of the crank starter are over, the tall cars that could be set up right by a tall man after flipping it. Things change ... the touch screen frequently frustrates me and at the same time fascinates me beats the hell out of the old idiot lights.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Take away the volume knob on the radio and people cry and whine. Then other people want the heat/AC knobs replaced with a touch screen. I'm glad I'm not Honda and have to worry about making everybody happy.
It's just a factory option they can provide if enough customers ask for it. Believe me, they don't give them away. Some people can be swayed over to the competition by simpler things than that, and Honda would rather we spend our money with them.

If you want to be a luddite, these aren't the best of times. I'm still wondering what was so wrong with simple keys that fit into an ignition.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
It's just a factory option they can provide if enough customers ask for it. Believe me, they don't give them away. Some people can be swayed over to the competition by simpler things than that, and Honda would rather we spend our money with them.

If you want to be a luddite, these aren't the best of times. I'm still wondering what was so wrong with simple keys that fit into an ignition.
I did my good deed last Wed. I was waiting for a friend at Kroger's when a gulley washer (frog strangler) storm came along. A little OLD (I'm 76 so I know old) came in. She was soaked to the bone and asked for the house phone. She made several calls for family help but none was available. She couldn't open the door to her car.

I was sitting next to the phone and I finally told her I'd try to help once the rain slacked off. I followed her to her car, an almost new Lexus. She opened the trunk without effort and firmly closed it. I told her to push the open button on the key fob and I opened the door.

The partially opened trunk stopped the key fob from unlocking the driver's door? Damfino, but it would seem that technology was defeating itself.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:35 AM
The tumbler mechanism is likely more expensive than a push button start.

Technical complexity is the nemesis of longterm function. In the US market, few people are looking at Fits because they infatuated with technology. On the contrary, the simplicity (some might call it crudeness) of the thing is a rarity in our market. It's hard for me to envision a lot of potential Fit buyers who are OK with the price, the seats, the noise and the ride, but would see a radio knob or conventional heat and AC controls and say "I have to turn a knob to be warmer or increase the radio volume?!?! That's a deal breaker!".

Old 07-02-2018, 09:03 AM
I love it, thanks

Old 07-02-2018, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by nobdy
The tumbler mechanism is likely more expensive than a push button start.

Technical complexity is the nemesis of longterm function. In the US market, few people are looking at Fits because they infatuated with technology. On the contrary, the simplicity (some might call it crudeness) of the thing is a rarity in our market. It's hard for me to envision a lot of potential Fit buyers who are OK with the price, the seats, the noise and the ride, but would see a radio knob or conventional heat and AC controls and say "I have to turn a knob to be warmer or increase the radio volume?!?! That's a deal breaker!".
+1

Old 07-02-2018, 11:32 AM
I have had several cars with auto climate control and they still had physical controls - ie knobs that you would turn to set the temp etc.
This one, with nothing but capacitive "sliders" looks odd in a simple car like the FIT - out of place and unnecessary.
So now FIT has a volume knob again, but everything else is touch-sensitive.
Weird.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
more than anything thing needs a bigger compressor and push colder air before climate control.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
I am more than happy with the manual controls. For the same reason I prefer a stick shift....control...

My 2000 Insight had "auto climate control" and I used it solely in manual override mode at all times. So it's more of a hassle, that we end up paying for, anyway.

Old 07-04-2018, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
As I stated, I don't miss a Climate Control.
But I'd also say, usually amenities on vehicles just continue to improve as the bar get's set higher and higher.
I'd expect the Honda Fit to eventually come with Climate Control across the line.

And I agree however, Honda first needs to boost the overall strength of the AC system. Too many posts, usually from hotter climates of owners disappointed in Fit AC strength. If you are going to offer Climate Control, fix that simultaneously.

Old 07-04-2018, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
As I stated, I don't miss a Climate Control.
But I'd also say, usually amenities on vehicles just continue to improve as the bar get's set higher and higher.
I'd expect the Honda Fit to eventually come with Climate Control across the line.

And I agree however, Honda first needs to boost the overall strength of the AC system. Too many posts, usually from hotter climates of owners disappointed in Fit AC strength. If you are going to offer Climate Control, fix that simultaneously.
You have to remember that people who are satisfied with a certain feature or product are not going to post.

Given that this has been an unusually hot (no joke) summer across the nation and the world, AC is going to be major subject of complaint.

Quick Reply: contact Honda now and ask for automatic climate control