3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

TougeMonster_GK5's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by first honda
Is that one really more quiet?
Significantly quiet! I like it though, Im passed the phase of wanting to get attention every time i rev match/engine brake. hehe

Old 07-28-2017, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Installed my front EBC Rotors EBC Green Pads. Still gotta get those damn SS Lines done. Havent found a shop that would replace lines and flush brakes system at a reasonable price.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Felt like a new oil filler cap so drove down the street to Inspire-USA, Fremont to pick this gem up:

Old 07-29-2017, 08:11 AM
sjd
5 Year Member
Great build, well thought out mods! Following along.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:23 PM
You can't undo 4 nuts and bleed brakes?

Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Installed my front EBC Rotors EBC Green Pads. Still gotta get those damn SS Lines done. Havent found a shop that would replace lines and flush brakes system at a reasonable price.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jaymoneypain
You can't undo 4 nuts and bleed brakes?
I am the point of my life where I'd just have someone else do the work for me. Always on the go with work and family, there's barely anytime for me to put in the work myself, sucks, i miss those "lonely driver" tuner days where i'd always have all the time in the world to do car stuff... it's just not the same anymore

as easy as may be, as I have done it myself, i want the experts to do the job thoroughly..

Old 07-31-2017, 02:55 PM
The reason I asked was because I assumed much of the other work in the thread was performed by you so I was confused why this "simple" taste was being handed over. Got it!

Old 07-31-2017, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jaymoneypain
The reason I asked was because I assumed much of the other work in the thread was performed by you so I was confused why this "simple" taste was being handed over. Got it!
you are correct, much of the work was done by me and with the help of friends. I should have clarified much more not to confuse those following my build that im having Everything installed by a 3rd party. As simple a bleed job might be, i wanted extra care with going the Dot 4 fluid route as i heard it takes time to flush out the dot 3 fluid thouroughly. If i sticked to dot 3, i could do it myself, but then again, i just dont want to deal with potential mess with brake fluid (had bad experience -_-)

Old 08-06-2017, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Bride Vios III Rep installed:

Old 08-06-2017, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
you are correct, much of the work was done by me and with the help of friends. I should have clarified much more not to confuse those following my build that im having Everything installed by a 3rd party. As simple a bleed job might be, i wanted extra care with going the Dot 4 fluid route as i heard it takes time to flush out the dot 3 fluid thouroughly. If i sticked to dot 3, i could do it myself, but then again, i just dont want to deal with potential mess with brake fluid (had bad experience -_-)
Brake fluid replacements are super simple on recent model non-hybrid Hondas. Suck out the old fluid from the tank, refill with new fluid (DOT 4 in your case), crack open the bleeder, pump 20 times for each front caliper/10 times for rear drum or caliper. But hey, I do hear you on the potential mess though.

SpeedBleeders make the job simpler since they feature a one-way check valve in the bleeder. This allows fluid to come out under pressure (brake pedal pressed) but as soon as the pedal is released a spring in the valve seals off the bleed port so no air can get in.

Speed Bleeder Bleeding Brakes Bleeding Motorcycle Brakes Automotive Bleeder Screw Brake Bleeder

Old 08-09-2017, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
More parts on the way:

RV6 Catless DownPipe
Custom AirScoop (replaces factory duct thats goes thru grill)
2018 OEM M/T Sports Pedal Set

Not sure if KTuner is worth the buy. Suprisingly I do not hear enough members with their experience with the product. Can anyone chime in? I plan on purchasing the NST pulley next and see what numbers I can pull without ECU tune. Im thinking ECU tune is essential considering all the power mods so far..

I plan on dynoing btw!

Old 08-09-2017, 07:37 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
More parts on the way:

RV6 Catless DownPipe
Custom AirScoop (replaces factory duct thats goes thru grill)
2018 OEM M/T Sports Pedal Set

Not sure if KTuner is worth the buy. Suprisingly I do not hear enough members with their experience with the product. Can anyone chime in? I plan on purchasing the NST pulley next and see what numbers I can pull without ECU tune. Im thinking ECU tune is essential considering all the power mods so far..

I plan on dynoing btw!
why not just go directly to a turbo?

Old 08-09-2017, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
why not just go directly to a turbo?
Maybe you can direct me to a turbo kit thats available?

Old 08-09-2017, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
no one offers one? that sucks. NA mods are so incremental vs how much u put in.

and nos is such a pita getting refills all the time.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
no one offers one? that sucks. NA mods are so incremental vs how much u put in.

and nos is such a pita getting refills all the time.
Yes you are right about how majority of the bolt-ons available are incremental and expensive! Honestly I've been on a Mod-Tuning Bonanza and I'm thinking ill stop after the catless DP install. Still waiting on either Hasport or someone to come out with a Kseries or LSeries Turbo swap kit!!!

Im not finished with the chassis tuning yet.. will have to wait until the car can output more significant hp/tq numbers. For a daily, I think this should be as good as it gets.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Some little tidbits that came in the mail today:

Acuity shifter cable bushings
2018 M/T Sport Pedal Set

Pedals are sooo tiny though!!

Old 08-14-2017, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
cool stuff. that gas pedal looks tiny.. can you still heel toe with it?

i cant remember if i swapped the gas pedal or not on my GE with another brand. i usually run sparco pedals when the gas pedal is too narrow. (i just run the Sparco gas pedal and rest is factory)

super basic, but very functional and you can shape the pedal to fit your gas pedal base without worrying about it snapping.
http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/80...79-03779an.jpg

Old 08-14-2017, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
cool stuff. that gas pedal looks tiny.. can you still heel toe with it?

i cant remember if i swapped the gas pedal or not on my GE with another brand. i usually run sparco pedals when the gas pedal is too narrow. (i just run the Sparco gas pedal and rest is factory)

super basic, but very functional and you can shape the pedal to fit your gas pedal base without worrying about it snapping.
http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/80...79-03779an.jpg
I can heel-toe with the factory pedals as is.. im actually thinking of just using the clutch and brake pedals, and going with an adjustable sparco pedal... hmm decisions decisions

Old 08-14-2017, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
^^ sounds like a plan!

Old 08-17-2017, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
If you want to wait a little longer (next month) Acuity will be coming out with a pedal spacer to bring the gas pedal closer by 30mm and adding 3 different mounting spots. I've confirmed with a prototype that it will fit our GKs as well as 9th/10th gen Civics. Makes heel-toe a lot easier by decreasing the amount of height between gas and brake pedals.

Quick Reply: TougeMonster_GK5's Build Thread