3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

TougeMonster_GK5's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 01:39 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
very nice!

Old 08-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Maybe we'll be seeing some JDM GK rally driving style Stateside.

Hello.....backroads of America!

Last edited by NiteFlight; 09-04-2017 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Removed YT link. reduce clutter in TS thread
Old 08-17-2017, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nisco
If you want to wait a little longer (next month) Acuity will be coming out with a pedal spacer to bring the gas pedal closer by 30mm and adding 3 different mounting spots. I've confirmed with a prototype that it will fit our GKs as well as 9th/10th gen Civics. Makes heel-toe a lot easier by decreasing the amount of height between gas and brake pedals.

Hotness! Noted on the "Future Mod" list. Thanks for sharing man!

Old 08-18-2017, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Finally dropped.

Did you use camber bolts with your Koni Strut install? Do the Koni struts have an upper oblong hole to accomodate a camber bolt? (I couldn't really tell from pictures and didn't see any mention of "works with camber bolts" in the details on the manufacturer website)

Thanks for your help.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NiteFlight
Did you use camber bolts with your Koni Strut install? Do the Koni struts have an upper oblong hole to accomodate a camber bolt? (I couldn't really tell from pictures and didn't see any mention of "works with camber bolts" in the details on the manufacturer website)

Thanks for your help.
My suspension set up didnt require camber bolts. Like you I bought SPC bolts just incase, but the drop did not throw off the camber enough or at all for me to use the camber bolts.
And yes, i the Konis do should support the camber bolts.

what springs were you going to go with the konis?

Old 08-18-2017, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Acuity Shift cable bushings installed. Will report after driving around, good night

Old 08-19-2017, 12:10 AM
My suspension set up didnt require camber bolts. Like you I bought SPC bolts just incase, but the drop did not throw off the camber enough or at all for me to use the camber bolts.
And yes, i the Konis do should support the camber bolts.

what springs were you going to go with the konis?
I went with Swift Springs. Just looking for a mild drop with daily comfort. Wanted to be able to drive reasonably without too much worrying about speed bumps, slowing to a crawl for dips and drive ways. My wheel and tire selection is kinda off, and I have some poke to deal with. So I'll play with the camber bolts to see if works out. I was trying to avoid any fender mods to fit the wheels, but we'll see.

Thanks for your input.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Acuity Shift cable bushings installed. Will report after driving around, good night

How are these? I purchased the TWM Performance ones and they sent me the wrong smaller bushing. So I'm waiting for them to send me the correct one but i don't have high hopes for it. The smaller bushing is too small for the insert and wobbles around in side. How do these feel? I may end up picking up a set of these.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:49 PM
Hey those shifter bushings look great! I purchased the TWM performance ones and they sent me the wrong size for the smaller bushing. I'm waiting for the new one but incase that doesn't work out I wanted to know how these felt?

Old 08-21-2017, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gk5si
Hey those shifter bushings look great! I purchased the TWM performance ones and they sent me the wrong size for the smaller bushing. I'm waiting for the new one but incase that doesn't work out I wanted to know how these felt?
These make going in between shifts very crisp! And I mean like rev match/down shifting from 5 - 4 - 3, very firm from gear to gear. You feel it thru the up shifts for sure. I should have had these in my 2013 Si if I known these made a significant difference.

Functional upgrade indeed. Essential to the spirited driver!

Old 08-21-2017, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by nisco
If you want to wait a little longer (next month) Acuity will be coming out with a pedal spacer to bring the gas pedal closer by 30mm and adding 3 different mounting spots. I've confirmed with a prototype that it will fit our GKs as well as 9th/10th gen Civics. Makes heel-toe a lot easier by decreasing the amount of height between gas and brake pedals.
want definitely putting that on the wish list

Old 08-22-2017, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
This nice piece of metal just arrived today. Gotta find sometime this week to throw on ASAP!!!

Old 08-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Waiting on feedback. Both in performance and sound. Congrats!

Old 08-23-2017, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NiteFlight
Waiting on feedback. Both in performance and sound. Congrats!
thanks man! Im pretty juiced but....

Im so torn on whether exchanging this for a catted version soley for safety peace of mind. Trying to be the responsible person, father, husband I am, im wondering if the smell/fumes is marginal in most circumstances other than at a stand still. Im really interested in trying this one out over the catted version, but again the inconvenience of stench and possible intoxication by the fumes is a deal breaker. Help! I need more feedback! Fathers slap some sense in me before I just throw this on the car for performance sake! Lol jk! Thanks fellas!

Old 08-23-2017, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Hurry up and throw it on!

I did the T1R secondary cat delete/test pipe on my CR-Z which also has a similar large primary and smaller secondary cat like the GK5. Slight difference in exhaust volume but a pleasant off throttle crackle is now present.

Noise wise, it was about like increasing the volume on the radio like 1 to 3 clicks. Not absurd... but noticeable if you KNOW how the car sounds dead stock. But still plenty civil to daily drive. Mind you, I'm not sure how much difference there is between my CR-Z and the GK5 in terms of sound deadening so this may be a factor to consider. There is also not much of a difference in turns of odors as well.

I later aquired a Spoon N1 axle back and run it without the silencer now. The exhaust is way too quiet for me.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:31 PM
What grill did you get?

Old 09-21-2017, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Hey man I just wanna say thanks for this build thread I am learning a lot. I matched the part numbers of my OEM rear mount of my 2015 Honda City and to my surprise it's exactly the same as yours so the Hasport rear mount will definitely work.

I just need confirmation on one thing and I sincerely hope you haven't fitted the Downpipe yet. I am in talks with Axion Industries about the same downpipe you are putting on your car. Is it possible if you can trace the gasket for me on an A4 sheet of paper and mail it to me?

I just need to make double sure before purchasing the header. My engine is the L15Z1 and yours is an L15B1 I presume. Both has bellmouth exits and by what I've seen with my eye, they look similar, if not the same. The only difference between our engines is that I have SOHC, and you have DOHC, and 9 extra kW LOL.

Please, I feel that this will not only be beneficial to me, but also to those with the Fit's that has L15Z2 setups on this forum and the L15Z1 Fit's.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by The Fitstery Machine
What grill did you get?
i did have the replica Mugen grill, but did not fit and got a refund.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Trooper1985
Hey man I just wanna say thanks for this build thread I am learning a lot. I matched the part numbers of my OEM rear mount of my 2015 Honda City and to my surprise it's exactly the same as yours so the Hasport rear mount will definitely work.

I just need confirmation on one thing and I sincerely hope you haven't fitted the Downpipe yet. I am in talks with Axion Industries about the same downpipe you are putting on your car. Is it possible if you can trace the gasket for me on an A4 sheet of paper and mail it to me?

I just need to make double sure before purchasing the header. My engine is the L15Z1 and yours is an L15B1 I presume. Both has bellmouth exits and by what I've seen with my eye, they look similar, if not the same. The only difference between our engines is that I have SOHC, and you have DOHC, and 9 extra kW LOL.

Please, I feel that this will not only be beneficial to me, but also to those with the Fit's that has L15Z2 setups on this forum and the L15Z1 Fit's.
Hey thanks for following bro! Out of all the vehicles I owned, this is the first time I've attempted to document a build. It's not much, but hopefully I'll complete it the way I intend the car to perform.

Unfortunately the DP is already installed. You should contact RV6 directly. Not sure if Axion can help, they are just a distributor. Good luck with getting the gasket info tho!

Speaking of a Honda City, I got to ride in one when I was in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, I will be travelling to Thailand next week from Da Nang, Vietnam. The City is pretty much a sedan version of the Fit/Jazz. I cant wait to see the Jazz culture out in Bangkok!

Where you from btw?

Old 09-22-2017, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member
Hey bro I am from South Africa! The car culture in terms of the Jazz/Fit and the City is CRAZY in South East Asia! This morning (10:05am South African time) I just found out of a guy who did his engine swap from the L15Z1 to the L15B1! And guess what... it's a drop in! The gearbox internals too are exactly the same! (Note I also mentioned the rear Hasport mount will work). I just want to confirm which ECU he's using, but I presume it has to be the L15B1 because the Z1 is a SOHC engine. Below is a picture of my vehicle. My coilovers are on order and should get them in 2 weeks' time!

List of mods:

Aero:
Front bumper trims
Rear bumper trims
Side door trims
Mudflaps
Sports type grille
Ducktail boot spoiler

Engine:
Custom pie cut welded induction
2 inch exhaust (car really comes alive after this mod)

Stability:
Ultra Racing rear strut brace
Ultra Racing middle under brace (to be fitted)
Ultra Racing front strut brace (to be fitted)

Wheels:
17" Lenso Project D Spec F

TougeMonster_GK5's Build Thread-21457806_10155275544912284_2841321836548204688_o.jpg

All the best bro and please keep posting!

PS: A sound clip of the header pretty please???

Last edited by Trooper1985; 09-22-2017 at 04:16 AM.

Quick Reply: TougeMonster_GK5's Build Thread