3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

TougeMonster_GK5's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Trooper1985
Hey bro I am from South Africa! The car culture in terms of the Jazz/Fit and the City is CRAZY in South East Asia! This morning (10:05am South African time) I just found out of a guy who did his engine swap from the L15Z1 to the L15B1! And guess what... it's a drop in! The gearbox internals too are exactly the same! (Note I also mentioned the rear Hasport mount will work). I just want to confirm which ECU he's using, but I presume it has to be the L15B1 because the Z1 is a SOHC engine. Below is a picture of my vehicle. My coilovers are on order and should get them in 2 weeks' time!

List of mods:

Aero:
Front bumper trims
Rear bumper trims
Side door trims
Mudflaps
Sports type grille
Ducktail boot spoiler

Engine:
Custom pie cut welded induction
2 inch exhaust (car really comes alive after this mod)

Stability:
Ultra Racing rear strut brace
Ultra Racing middle under brace (to be fitted)
Ultra Racing front strut brace (to be fitted)

Wheels:
17" Lenso Project D Spec F

Attachment 84354

All the best bro and please keep posting!

PS: A sound clip of the header pretty please???
Nice tasteful list of mods! Here's the spund clip for ya:

Cheers!

Old 09-24-2017, 07:53 PM
TougeMonster - still in asia? Find any performance parts to bring back? How about carbon fiber lips and/or spoilers? Would it be reasonable to have them shipped back?

Old 09-24-2017, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NiteFlight
TougeMonster - still in asia? Find any performance parts to bring back? How about carbon fiber lips and/or spoilers? Would it be reasonable to have them shipped back?
I will be arriving in Thailand today, Ive been in Vietnam half the time.. ill share what I find and see

Old 09-25-2017, 12:07 AM
Nice! Enjoy your trip!

Old 09-26-2017, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds sweet bro are you still running stock exhaust?

Old 09-26-2017, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Trooper1985
Sounds sweet bro are you still running stock exhaust?
thanks! The only thing left stock of the whole exhaust system is the b-pipe. Just in case you didnt see my mod list, I have the RV6 catless dp coupled with the HKS Cool Style Axle Back.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:00 AM
Love your Fit man, really awesome mods; you did a TON of work in a very short amount of time! Picked mine up this summer as well, so it's nice to see someone putting some solid work into their Fit at the same time. Also, always loved the 15" look on GK5,

Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
I am the point of my life where I'd just have someone else do the work for me. Always on the go with work and family, there's barely anytime for me to put in the work myself, sucks, i miss those "lonely driver" tuner days where i'd always have all the time in the world to do car stuff... it's just not the same anymore

as easy as may be, as I have done it myself, i want the experts to do the job thoroughly..
Hah, totally connect with you there, busy with work and family. Still do all of the work myself - it's fun except of course when at some point, inevitably, that 15-minute easy DYI turns into a 4 hour stress mess haha. I bought my Fit used, and some unexpected surprises arose during some suspension work.

Anyway, wondering how you're enjoying the Bride Vios? Looks sick (secretly jealous haha)!

Old 10-13-2017, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NiteFlight
So due to the shops being on the outskirts of Bangkok and not having enough time to break away from the family trip, I was unable to see what was available. The only thing I brought back that was worthy were Volk Rays Duralumin Lugs+Locks... so wack, I wanted to bring a lip home with me atleast!

I will be making another trip to Asia for business next month, and thinking about stopping by Japan or China to pick some goodies up. Not sure where.. but my heart is leaning towards Japan =)

Old 10-16-2017, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
Love your Fit man, really awesome mods; you did a TON of work in a very short amount of time! Picked mine up this summer as well, so it's nice to see someone putting some solid work into their Fit at the same time. Also, always loved the 15" look on GK5,

Hah, totally connect with you there, busy with work and family. Still do all of the work myself - it's fun except of course when at some point, inevitably, that 15-minute easy DYI turns into a 4 hour stress mess haha. I bought my Fit used, and some unexpected surprises arose during some suspension work.

Anyway, wondering how you're enjoying the Bride Vios? Looks sick (secretly jealous haha)!
Thanks for the love man! Everyday I drive the car, I don't feel satisfied enough, lol... really trying hard not to make this into a crazy money pit...

The Bride seat feels great! My body fits in it perfectly, and for the price i got it for (used), was a no brainer! I think you should go grab one too! hehe

Old 10-16-2017, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Purchases the past few days:

-Brembo Rear Brake Shoes
-JDM RS (replica) Wing - color matched

I'm about to pull the trigger on the following HardRace components:

No. 7815 - Front Roll Center Adjuster - $155
No. 7857 - Front Reinforced Stab. Link - $62.58
No. 7769 - Front Lower Brace - $62
No. 7772 - Rear Center Brace Bar - $31

Trying to prep the car for 'End of Year' Track Day

Cheers!

Old 10-16-2017, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Installed my front EBC Rotors EBC Green Pads. Still gotta get those damn SS Lines done. Havent found a shop that would replace lines and flush brakes system at a reasonable price.

How are you liking this pad / rotor combo so far?
I've had the Green Stuff pads (snagged them from this forum at a great price), but haven't installed them yet.
I am about to pull the trigger on this EBC slotted rotors, but wasn't sure if it's worth the extra money or if the OEM style is good enough.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone
How are you liking this pad / rotor combo so far?
I've had the Green Stuff pads (snagged them from this forum at a great price), but haven't installed them yet.
I am about to pull the trigger on this EBC slotted rotors, but wasn't sure if it's worth the extra money or if the OEM style is good enough.
This brake combo bites for sure! maybe 50%+ increased performance than OEM setup. Unless you're tracking the vehicle or do some spirited driving frequently, then I think the pads alone will be good enough for practical driving.

I am actually in the process of finally installing my SS brake lines and replacing rear brake shoes with Brembos to complete the setup, minus the Dot 4 brake fluid upgrade, which I plan to switch right before my next track day. I think after that, my brakes should be greatly improved.

Hope this helps.

Stay tuned!

Old 10-16-2017, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
This brake combo bites for sure! maybe 50%+ increased performance than OEM setup. Unless you're tracking the vehicle or do some spirited driving frequently, then I think the pads alone will be good enough for practical driving.

I am actually in the process of finally installing my SS brake lines and replacing rear brake shoes with Brembos to complete the setup, minus the Dot 4 brake fluid upgrade, which I plan to switch right before my next track day. I think after that, my brakes should be greatly improved.

Hope this helps.

Stay tuned!
Awesome, thanks for the info!
I think I will go ahead with the slotted rotors.

I will pay attention to your thread for info on the SS brake lines and DOT 4 upgrade!

Old 10-20-2017, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Another new purchase, H&R Trak+ 10mm Wheel Spacers for the rear wheels. Need that square stance! This set is currently on sale at AutoAnything.com:

H&R 20245410 - H&R TRAK+ Wheel Spacers - FREE SHIPPING!

Cheers!

Old 10-21-2017, 06:39 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
about time tougemonster!

those stud replacement types are such a pita compared to putting spacers on euro cars.. get longer lug bolts, done! haha

Old 10-23-2017, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the love man! Everyday I drive the car, I don't feel satisfied enough, lol... really trying hard not to make this into a crazy money pit...

The Bride seat feels great! My body fits in it perfectly, and for the price i got it for (used), was a no brainer! I think you should go grab one too! hehe
Haha, I know that feeling all too well. It can get out of hand really fast.

Nice, I'm used to bucket type seats, so it was a little unusual getting used to the Fit. Ah, that's awesome, lucky find.

Also, new rotors, and more mods - I like what I see here

Old 10-27-2017, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
about time tougemonster!

those stud replacement types are such a pita compared to putting spacers on euro cars.. get longer lug bolts, done! haha
You know I've been looking over the web for the simplest way to replace the studs on my own, but its looking like the best way is to remove the hub and get press out old, press in new studs. I think this job can be done cost effectively if I remove the whole hub and bring to a machine shop, rather than have a shop do it completely. I wonder how wheel works does it, im sure they replace studs left and right.

Any one here have experience on replacing the rear studs? Thanks!

Old 10-27-2017, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
Haha, I know that feeling all too well. It can get out of hand really fast.

Nice, I'm used to bucket type seats, so it was a little unusual getting used to the Fit. Ah, that's awesome, lucky find.

Also, new rotors, and more mods - I like what I see here
Thanks kind Sir! your karuma is looking pretty fly too! loving the lip kit! I'm guessing the side skirt install was pretty easy?

Old 10-29-2017, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member

Need to take better photos. As she sits today with the JDM RS wing installed.

Last edited by TougeMonster_GK5; 11-03-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:07 AM
so far, tho i would've gone with bigger wheels... fellow oaklander

Quick Reply: TougeMonster_GK5's Build Thread