3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Floor Liner

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
I just received my WeatherTechs for the front. I looked at all 3 but decided to go with the two bigger names for peace of mind. There's not enough positive reviews on the MAXpider ones to win me over.

Husky didn't have any model-specific fitment photos, so I swung towards the WaetherTech ones since they had actual photos in the car.

They seem well molded right off the bat, and they are more rigid and less porous than other mats I've had in the past. Seems like they'll clean off super easy in that regard. I'll try to post up installed photos in here when I get a chance.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
cant go wrong with weathertechs. well, usually.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Put them in last night. They fit amazing. Only two minor things to mention:

1) The driver's side does not fully cover the dead pedal, there's about an inch at the top that's left uncovered... seems like a rather poor choice in design by WeatherTech's side. I can see stuff dropping down between the mats and the stock carpet. Kind of annoying, but pretty minor.

2) The passenger side will slide forward if you're stretching your legs or something. I'll simply remedy this with some velcro so no big deal.

Fitment all around is superb though, they look great, and should stay clean forever.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
that seems to be a weathertech thing. i think the weathertechs in both my Golfs and my STI were the same way.

huskys covered the entire deadpedal on my STI.. cant remember on the GK. honestly i dont like these all season mats so dont look at them very closely. im more a carpet mat guy.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
i didnt forget to look at the GK's husky floor liner this am. the liner covers the entire dead pedal. id say husky has more coverage here.

Old 12-02-2017, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Husky has more coverage on the two vehicles that I've bought mats for recently as well.

The WeatherTech's look better, but I wish they would improve their coverage.

I also wish that someone would start offering all season carpeted liners for cars. Trucks and SUV's have options of carpeted liners from several companies. I had a set in an Explorer and they looked amazing. Complete coverage and still had the luxury of carpet.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
on my non GK cars that run/ran weathertechs in the past, ive not had an issue with salt getting caked onto the dead pedal or behind the pedal carpeting making a mess or anything like that. so i suppose weathertech's coverage is functionally plenty.

also agree that weathertech just simply looks so much better than the husky.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
My rear seats are in magic mode 90% of the time and I love the way the WeatherTech goes all the way up and surrounds those seat latches, that was the clincher for me.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
Good Luck With That....

Originally Posted by Spyke
should stay clean forever.
I think the WeatherTech digital fit liners are good products. They do protect excellently.

But my experience with the light gray colored ones, were that they almost instantly looked dirty, as soon as ANYTHING came in contact with them. While it was easy enough to clean them, keeping them looking clean was nearly impossible, with any real usage.

I know we are dealing with a product that's main purpose is trapping dirt, moisture...but I would say, on mine...it did that well, but absolutely did not HIDE the dirt or moisture at all.

So especially during the winter, rains....unless I wanted to take the liner out and clean it after every entry and exit...I had to live with it NOT looking very clean.
Maybe the darker colored liners would of been better in this regard.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
huh, is your interior carpet gray? my GK and others are black carpet so naturally got the black.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
huh, is your interior carpet gray? my GK and others are black carpet so naturally got the black.
Previous vehicle.
I have OEM all weather Honda Mats in the Fit.
Not as good as far as coverage and protection. But the black rubber hides dirt a lot better.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Black for the win!

Only black mats in our cars whether Husky, WeatherTech, or OEM Honda.

The original black rubber Honda mats are still in our Fit. 10 years later, they still don't provide complete coverage or look all that great, but are still functional.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Spyke
....2) The passenger side will slide forward if you're stretching your legs or something....
Mine does that as well giving a gap of a couple of inches at the rear but my main complaint with the passenger side mat is it is not flush to the floor. There is a significant void under the mat so when your foot presses down it causes the right edge of the mat to fold inward. Complained to the retailer where I bought them and they replaced them but the fit was exactly the same.

Do you have that void?

Old 12-05-2017, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
The velcro bottom of 3D MAXpider mats prevent sliding and close any voids.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT-to-be-tied
Mine does that as well giving a gap of a couple of inches at the rear but my main complaint with the passenger side mat is it is not flush to the floor. There is a significant void under the mat so when your foot presses down it causes the right edge of the mat to fold inward. Complained to the retailer where I bought them and they replaced them but the fit was exactly the same.

Do you have that void?
have you considered placing the liner over your carpet mats?

i've done this in the past more from being lazy. usually i remove the carpet mats before installing the liners.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:42 AM
It seems that Honda has recently releases high-wall all season mats, similar to Husky or Weathertech. I purchased Husky mats for my mothers Kia Soul last year and she loves them but for my Fit I opted for the OEM option.

Old 12-06-2017, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThadCastle
It seems that Honda has recently releases high-wall all season mats, similar to Husky or Weathertech. I purchased Husky mats for my mothers Kia Soul last year and she loves them but for my Fit I opted for the OEM option.
Interesting.
Those "New" OEM all weather mats look like they would offer a lot better coverage.

I have the smaller, OEM All Weather mats...I may have to upgrade.
However, at Bernardi...it say's fit's 2018 Fits only?

Last edited by fitchet; 12-06-2017 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
I guess the new optional mats are what I have in my 2018. I haven't really looked at them other than to notice that they do have the high walls along the sides and the back which is nice to see but the coverage towards the pedals is poor and in particular the dead pedal is not covered at all which is really annoying. I wouldn't recommend these over the Weathertech and the like.

I got these mats because the dealer had slapped them on the car before I saw it and I couldn't get them taken off. I still also got the original mats too and haven't figured out what to do with those yet. Anyway if anyone wants a picture of these new mats on the floor of a 2018 to see what the coverage is like let me know and I'll post one.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
yah post the pict anyway please, would like to see wat this thing looks like to understand the shortcomings.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
have you considered placing the liner over your carpet mats?

i've done this in the past more from being lazy. usually i remove the carpet mats before installing the liners.
I removed it as well. Don't see how leaving it in would make it any better. Just raise the whole liner up.

Quick Reply: Floor Liner