3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Floor Liner

Old 11-19-2017, 02:01 PM
Cool Floor Liner

WeatherTech vs Husky.....which one should I buy ? Is the quality the same?
Thanks for your comments !

Old 11-19-2017, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
Consider
3D MAXspider mats 3D MAXspider mats
. I like them because the back seat has full coverage which can be useful if you transport things with the "magic seats" in the up position. There is a
matching cargo mat matching cargo mat
too. All the pieces have a velcro hook and loop kind of system to grip the carpet.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Copo
WeatherTech vs Husky.....which one should I buy ? Is the quality the same?
Thanks for your comments !
i run husky on my wife's GK. they are plenty for the GK. on my cars i run weathertechs.

those 3D spider mats.. i forget wat the rebadge was called on mine, but thing fell apart after a year or so. i recommend husky or weathertech.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
I bought a set of the Maxpider mats and returned them. The coverage and fit were good but they felt like they wouldn't last very long. Plus, they riveted their stupid logo right through the worst possible spot in the mat. It was just asking for leakage.

I ordered a set of Huskys. They have served me well in other cars as well and at a much better price than Weathertech.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Do not misunderstand, I am not endorsing the 3D Maxpider brand as much as I am pointing out the full coverage feature.
Weathertechs Weathertechs
also have full coverage under the rear seat, but were outside my budget. For what is worth, my mats are over a year old and holding up well.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Press Fit
Consider 3D MAXspider mats. I like them because the back seat has full coverage which can be useful if you transport things with the "magic seats" in the up position. There is a matching cargo mat too. All the pieces have a velcro hook and loop kind of system to grip the carpet.
I'll put my vote in for the 3D Maxspider also. I don't get much rain and definitely no snow down here so can't comment on how well they do with that. I liked the looks better than the Husky or Weathertechs. Less plasticky looking. They have held up very well for the 6 months that I've had them, in fact liked them so well I ordered some for my 2000 Ford Ranger.

Also price hard to beat.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
I have husky in my car. They are decent but the driver side keep sliding. I was thinking about puting some tape to the mat with some velcro to stop sliding. I would recomend it.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
did u not install the carpet hooks on the car? mine uses the factory hooks (anchors) so doesnt slip around.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
did u not install the carpet hooks on the car? mine uses the factory hooks (anchors) so doesnt slip around.
My mistake the driver have the hooks. The front passanger is the one that slide. But still pretty good.It keeps the carpet clean, and easy to clean.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
hummm...mine don't slide..

Old 11-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Do the mats actually cover the floor area under/past the gas/break pedal or no? My dealer gave me the Honda mats for my fit but they don't fully cover that area of the floor.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
the husky does cover all around the pedals and the sides. when i remove it in the spring, i dont get salt stains on the carpet. i believe the weathertech and the 3D spiders do the same. i had the 3D one before on my GE and if it didnt fall apart id say i liked them too.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Perfect, thanks! I ordered the Husky ones since they're on sale

Old 11-25-2017, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
no problem. good call. those husky's are nice.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:14 AM
I was looking to order a set myself, however reviews for both Husky and Weathertech say that the clutch pedal can get caught behind the mat.

Luckily for me, Honda just released factory high-wall all weather mats for the Fit, and they're on sale at CollegeHillsHonda.com for like $100. Literally just ordered them.

Hoping they don't have the issue with the clutch pedal as well. Worst comes to worst they will have to be trimmed.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
The Weathertech liners go up behind the clutch pedal, my clutch pedal comes to a stop against it - no danger of "catching"....perhaps the Weathertech all weather mats have a lower profile? I have the liners.....they ain't pluch nor fancy, but cover as much of the factory "carpeting" as you could possibly imagine. Works for me

Old 11-26-2017, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
The Weathertech liners go up behind the clutch pedal, my clutch pedal comes to a stop against it - no danger of "catching"....perhaps the Weathertech all weather mats have a lower profile? I have the liners.....they ain't pluch nor fancy, but cover as much of the factory "carpeting" as you could possibly imagine. Works for me
Agree ... I never heard about clutch problems and never had an issue using my clutch with the Weathertech liners. I've had mine two years now and they're holding up well. I'm seeing a bit of pullaway from the passenger liner so far but nothing serious.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Talking Floor liner

Thanks for all your comments, it help me to make my choice.
And the winner is.....
Weather tech.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
sounds good. weathertechs are also a good choice.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:15 PM
I bought the Maxspider for my 2016 Fit in in July of that year. Never a regret. They have protected the floor of my car without fail. The original floor looks like it did the day I drove it off the dealer's lot. Never a leak. They don't move. The look like carpet yet they are completely waterproof without the plastic look of the others. I'm not seeing any signs of wear on the driver's mat, either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Floor Liner