Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Just bought 2018 Honda Fit but had massive Oversight (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/97215-just-bought-2018-honda-fit-but-had-massive-oversight.html)

viewtiful 12-18-2017 06:09 PM

Just bought 2018 Honda Fit but had massive Oversight

So I finally bought a 2018 Honda Fit Sport CVT over the weekend. It's my first car purchase and it's a beautiful aegean blue. I love everything about the car, but I really messed up big time. So I purchased the Fit with Honda Sensing, but for some reason I overlooked the fact that EX is actually cheaper by around $200 once I factor in Honda Sensing on the Sports trim. Not only does the EX come with Honda Sensing as a standard, but it also comes with moonroof, push button start, variable intermittent wipers, sliding sun visors, AND floor mats. I already knew EX has Honda Sensing as standard but because it has moonroof which I don't want, and because I expected it to be more expensive, I didn't look into it much. But considering how it's actually $200 cheaper, and I could've had all those extra options, I'm kinda bummed about my purchased. For some reason, I just assumed EX would've still been more expensive even if I added Honda Sensing to the Sports trim. I thought I had done a lot of research, but I guess it wasn't enough. I should've had more diligence in my research.

I'm still excited about my new car, but in the back of my mind I know that I could've paid less and have more features. Lesson learned.

kenchan 12-18-2017 06:33 PM

yah, live and learn i guess. that does suck but then again you couldve bought the EX and ended up in an accident on the way home. someone up there decided you were safer with the sport so i'd forget about it and just enjoy your new ride.

also if youre a car guy sunroof is one thing we dont want as it's a heavy module up there at the highest point of the car which is a nono. id opt for the trim without sunroof if it was my car.. like my STI and Golf-R, no sunroofs and i like it that way.

2Rismo2 12-18-2017 07:14 PM

How long has it been? My sister in law works in finance at a dealership and she said some have policies where you can return it if you're not happy after a few days. The length of time depends on the dealership.

kenchan 12-18-2017 08:16 PM

over the weekend so im assuming like 2 days (saturday)?

might be worth a try to ask.. dealers in my area wont offer such return, only carmax..

GAFIT 12-18-2017 08:31 PM

I've lost track of the exact option packages, but don't you get a body kit with the Sport that is only available on the Sport?

Overall, probably not a good value compared with the options on the EX, but you do get a little something in return.

fitchet 12-18-2017 08:49 PM

That's too bad.
In your original post you seemed to be shopping for a LX or Sport. In fact, I think that was the title.
I wondered at the time why you weren't considering an EX, but since you worded you post as LX or Sport I figured there was reason you weren't considering an EX.

I hope you can enjoy your Sport. It's a nice vehicle.

If it makes you feel better? About the only reason I got the EX trim, was I wanted the sunroof.
If you did NOT want one?
A lot of the other extra's are pretty passable IMO.

Mine is a 2016 EX...but the visors don't slide and the intermittent wipers setting on mine, is just a pre-selected delay. You can't really adjust it.
But maybe both those things have been upgrades in 2018?

Anyway, it's regrettable you evidently didn't get what you wanted.

sneefy 12-18-2017 10:11 PM

The body trim pieces and the wheels are certainly much cooler on the sport.

viewtiful 12-18-2017 10:58 PM

I purchased the car yesterday and I’m still waiting for delivery. I looked at the rules for returns/exchanges and apparently it’s up to the dealer’s own discretion whether or not they will honor it ( at least in Massachusetts) I don’t expect them to though. It will require a lot of work for them to fix, especially since I financed it.

Yeah, it definitely stings. I’m just hoping sharing my story will be therapeutic and ease the pain. I think I’ll get over it, but it’s just such a stupid thing I did.

kenchan 12-18-2017 11:28 PM

it's all just paperwork. just ask if they'll grant it. worst case they will just say no. you still end up with a new car with the cool wheels and trim, and no sunroof which is actually a good thing.

xxryu139xx 12-19-2017 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by viewtiful (Post 1388532)
I purchased the car yesterday and I’m still waiting for delivery. I looked at the rules for returns/exchanges and apparently it’s up to the dealer’s own discretion whether or not they will honor it ( at least in Massachusetts) I don’t expect them to though. It will require a lot of work for them to fix, especially since I financed it.

Yeah, it definitely stings. I’m just hoping sharing my story will be therapeutic and ease the pain. I think I’ll get over it, but it’s just such a stupid thing I did.

well if you haven't taken delivery yet, the transaction isn't technically complete. they still have the car and u never drove off the lot with it.

Rob H 12-19-2017 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by sneefy (Post 1388528)
The body trim pieces and the wheels are certainly much cooler on the sport.

+1 Too bad it's not FB, otherwise I would have hit the like button

Lane03 12-19-2017 01:42 AM

Kinda saw this coming, see my post on your original thread. Since you haven't taken delivery yet you may be able to switch to the EX. Call the dealer and ask.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1387803

Edit: What paperwork did you sign already? Most dealers just do deposit and all the final legal stuff is done once the car safely arrives and goes through PDI. I really think you should be able to switch to the EX.

exl500 12-19-2017 07:21 AM

Since you don't want the sunroof, is $200 that big a deal for the Sport without one that's practically an EX otherwise?

2Rismo2 12-19-2017 07:37 AM

It won't take them much work. At this point it's just paperwork to them. Tear up existing contract and write a new one. It's up to you how much it matters but sounds like you'll always have that on the back of your mind.

kenchan 12-19-2017 07:50 AM

they might ask for additional money for refiling the registration... not sure. but again, at this point you'd be kicking yourself later for NOT asking. :nod:

GL!

viewtiful 12-19-2017 03:14 PM

So I spoke to my sales rep and told them about the situation. They were okay with exchanging it as long as the process hasn’t advanced too far into it, but since the accounting and the bank has already finalize the deal they weren’t able to do it. I least I tried.

I’m fine with the outcome. I’m still stoked about the my new Fit. I’ll post pictures once I pick it up. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

CyclingFit 12-19-2017 03:44 PM

I'm semi-confused, sorry... So you say the EX has these things over your Sport with Honda Sense?

moonroof - that you did not want so not a big deal

push button start - fun option considering it includes the door lock stuff

variable intermittent wipers - I don't think Honda actually improved the wipers, I'm about to walk to the parking lot and look at my 2018 out of curiosity, because this has driven me nuts since 2014.... LOL (EDIT: I can't believe this has been added and I overlooked it, maybe I would have noticed after a few rains or snows.)

sliding sun visors - I will double check mine because I don't think these are standard. I think they are normal visors that flip down and rotate, but nothing slides out to improve their coverage. (EDIT: just inspected mine and nothing appears to slide. I never pulled on them to see if they actually telescope on the main bar, but I'll check after work)

floor mats - I'd buy the factory rubber mats anyway, they are so nice and give such a peace of mind when the weather acts up.

I'm thinking you did just fine and got an awesome looking Fit. Congrats on your new ride and enjoy it!

Lane03 12-19-2017 04:01 PM

Since you got the Honda safety sensing, the only nicety that you'll be missing out on is push button start and smart locking. But you will have the leather wrapped steering wheel, which is something you are touching all the time and will be much nicer than the one on the EX. I wouldn't worry about the variable wipers, as the standard wipers still have multiple speeds which will work just fine. As already mentioned, you can get floor mats separately.

GAFIT 12-19-2017 06:19 PM

Would be nice if Honda offered a Sport Premium or something.

Overall, I'd probably end up with the Sport. Leather steering wheel is a pretty nice item and the body kit really does dress it up. I like sunroofs, but can certainly live without one.

The only big thing you're not getting is the smart entry. Total keyless operation is like a microwave oven. Nobody thought they needed one until they had one.

But, to get that and the leather steering wheel, you're up into an EX-L and then you've still lost the body kit.

I truly hate Honda's packaging. They need to fire everyone in their entire marketing department. The packaging is the worst in industry and their t.v. commercials are almost comical in how bad they are except they aren't mean to be funny. Sorry for the rant...it's my marketing degree coming out.

kenchan 12-19-2017 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by viewtiful (Post 1388586)
So I spoke to my sales rep and told them about the situation. They were okay with exchanging it as long as the process hasn’t advanced too far into it, but since the accounting and the bank has already finalize the deal they weren’t able to do it. I least I tried.

I’m fine with the outcome. I’m still stoked about the my new Fit. I’ll post pictures once I pick it up. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

hey, at least you tried!

enjoy ur new ride.