3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Online Service Manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
Thank You for sharing. I had to log in twice and did not give it a library number either time. I also asked for 2016 Fit and it took it. Now I hope that I will never need it.

Thank you again.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by n9cv
Thank You for sharing. I had to log in twice and did not give it a library number either time. I also asked for 2016 Fit and it took it. Now I hope that I will never need it.

Thank you again.
It will be good for standard maintenance and interior projects.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
One tip: Each topic takes lots of page space, so if your printer can print double-sided, do it.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Good idea on the paper. I would also do a print to PDF and save pages to a folder so you will have them. I have already put mine on my phone in case I am out and need to reference.

As of now you can put in any year or brand and pull up the manual. On older cars the page will come up and you will also get an option at the top of the page to view PDF. This will show a copy of that page of the printed manual they did back then to sell at Autozone ETC. This can also be saved and printed.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by James Butler
Good idea on the paper. I would also do a print to PDF and save pages to a folder so you will have them.
Good idea!

Old 01-02-2020, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
FYI, I just bought a 2017 Fit. I subscribed to Honda's Service Express for a day just to see if I could easily get through everything and print it out. It looks like it IS possible to get everything that would be in a paper manual but the site is not organized like a book. I was hoping it'd all be in PDF files that I could download. Not so... It's all individual pages and hyperlinks, based on either what you want to do or various topic areas.

I think I'll break out the manual for my wife's 2007 Fit and go through it, calling up the equivalent pages for the new model and printing each out as a PDF so I'm sure I'm covering everything. It'll be tedious but worth it in the end, I think.

The other option is to just subscribe for a day when I've got a job to do on the car. The $10 daily fee would just be a cost of doing business and work that requires a manual doesn't happen all that often anyway.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by adouglas
FYI, I just bought a 2017 Fit. I subscribed to Honda's Service Express for a day just to see if I could easily get through everything and print it out. It looks like it IS possible to get everything that would be in a paper manual but the site is not organized like a book. I was hoping it'd all be in PDF files that I could download. Not so... It's all individual pages and hyperlinks, based on either what you want to do or various topic areas.

I think I'll break out the manual for my wife's 2007 Fit and go through it, calling up the equivalent pages for the new model and printing each out as a PDF so I'm sure I'm covering everything. It'll be tedious but worth it in the end, I think.

The other option is to just subscribe for a day when I've got a job to do on the car. The $10 daily fee would just be a cost of doing business and work that requires a manual doesn't happen all that often anyway.
Many libraries subscribe to the Chiltons manuals. Someone here posted the password for one in New Mexico, but that P/W no longer works. That have the book in PDF format. As you say, paying $10 for on day's use isn't bad, as long as one day is enough. I hate to see service manuals disappearing. More and more companies want us to keep paying. Adobe and Quicken no longer sell outright. You have to pay by yearly subscription. I think Microsoft Office is the same.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
I've had a manual for every car I've owned since 1962.
I can't tell you how happy I am to find somebody here at least as old as I am.

:-)

Old 01-03-2020, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George Knighton
I can't tell you how happy I am to find somebody here at least as old as I am.

:-)
Please! Age is all in the mind (and on the driver's license).

Old 01-04-2020, 11:12 AM
Please! Age is all in the mind (and on the driver's license).
Let me think about that while I limp across the floor for another cup of coffee. :-)

Old 05-26-2020, 05:27 PM
Link for the electronics Chiltons manual for the 2015 Honda Fit.

http://infotrac.galegroup.com/defaul...7_vcpl?db=CHLL

Password is 22417009338575

IT works !!

Now in may 2020 just tried to access but no success... Does anyone by chance has it now on PDF and is willing to share via email or some other way?

Old 07-30-2020, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Thank goodness Chiltons at least came out an electronic service manual on the 3RD Gen Fit. Honda has hurt every buyer by not publishing a hard copy service manual for the car. They do not even offer a PDF manual for a price, They charge a extra high price for their information and monitor you to insure your do not just pull up pages to screen copy. Chiltons may not offer a hard copy like they used to but at least 30 dollars a year for information access on the Fit is affordable. A good service manual was 150 to 300 dollars. I will probably buy a year of service If I need it. That 30 dollars is worth it not to have to carry it in for Honda service and their prices.

James
I've seen Chilton's online manual. I used to be able to access if free through my public library. It sucks. Now my library has switched to "Auto Repair Source Motor Driven." It isn't any better.

he pictures are blurry messes. The instructions are inadequate. For example my old Honda Accord manual from 1982 would provide instructions for diagnosing things. Say for example the AC. What pressure to expect, when and where. Nothing like that in the "Motor Driven." And its instructions for R&R the AC expansion valve? It shows the hi pressure line and the lo line where it meets the engine firewall, a blurry drawing without enough of surrounding landmarks to enable you to tell where it is the lines go through the firewall, and then it shows the expansion valve as connected to the refrigerant lines – on the engine side of the firewall – it is actually on the cabin side of the firewall – and the instructions say "recover refrigerant, disconnect AC lines, remove expansion valve." As if I never would have known that had they not told me. So I looked at my car and found the spot where the AC lines go through the firewall, only to be reminded that the expansion valve is not there on the engine side of the firewall, as the drawing shows. It is on the cabin side of the firewall. There is no way to remove it without removing lots of dashboard parts, the glove compartment, various heater parts, and somehow getting to the back of the evaporator where it reaches the firewall. Not a word on how to do any of that. Not a word. And that would be the part that isn't self-evident. It is self-evident that you have to recover refrigerant and disconnect AC lines. So the manual is useless.

About 50 years ago I applied for a job as a "writer" that I saw in the local newspaper's classified section. I get to to the job interview, and I'm told the company publishes automobile repair manuals. They want someone who will read through the official manual published by the car's manufacturer and "edit it" and retype your edited version (this was in the age of typewriters and it so happens they wanted a "writer" who can type fast). What do you mean by edit it? Copy the parts that are important and leave out the parts that aren't as important. Decide which pictures to use, and which to discard. How do I know what's important and what's not important? Just look at it and do your best. How fast can you type? I am able to type very fast. How much education and experience in car repair and maintenance do I need for this job? None. I swear to glob this was my conversation with the hiring manager.

So I looked around at who was in there, sitting around and typing away. They were all women. Yes I think there were women, even back in 1970, who knew at least as much about car repair and maintenance as I did, if not more. But for some reason I thought, and I still think, that none of dese was dem. None of dem was dese? I'm not sure of the correct syntax. Ooo! Ooo! I got it now. None of dem were dis. Nor did they claim to be. And it wasn't as job qualification. I betcha all of them could type fast.

Last edited by nomenclator; 07-30-2020 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
Have any of you tried the on line service manual? You can pay by the day, month, year, etc. I was wondering if it's worth using.

This is new - just found it.
2015 Honda Fit Auto Repair Manual - ChiltonDIY

I wasn't able to find the other online service manual, though.

I know it will never happen, but the government should make replacement key/key fobs available at a reasonable price, not $350. Every car sold in this country should have a factory service manual available.
I resent the implication, that is in the name ChiltonDIY, that as someone who works on his own car, himself, I ought of have access to a different manual for that car than someone who works on it when it is someone else's car.

Last edited by nomenclator; 07-30-2020 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by adouglas

When I last checked it was $30 per day.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nomenclator
I resent the implication, that is in the name ChiltonDIY, that as someone who works on his own car, himself, I ought of have access to a different manual for that car than someone who works on it when it is someone else's car.
There is someone here who knows how to connect to a library in New Mexico and read their Chilton's Manual. I used to have the details, but they keep changing. If that member doesn't reply, make a separate post asking for the connection info. My library used to have Chiltons's but they canceled it. I suspect the fee must be high, since most libraries do not have it available.

Old 08-01-2020, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Here is Hondas new pricing for their on line manuals. Low end limited is 25 dollars a day or only $1250 a year. What a bargain Honda

Old 08-04-2020, 06:46 AM
Go to the Chilton DIY website and look up your year & model.
30 days use is $24.95, 1 year is $29.95.
2016 Honda Fit Auto Repair Manual - ChiltonDIY

Old 08-23-2020, 10:41 AM
I'm also looking for a GK manual, hopefully someone will eventually make a dump of the Honda ESM and upload it somewhere.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jazzblues
I'm also looking for a GK manual, hopefully someone will eventually make a dump of the Honda ESM and upload it somewhere.
Keep looking on eBay. I had shop manuals for every car I owned from 1965 onward. I eventually donated them to the library. Withholding shop manuals is just another way for car companies to squeeze more money out of us.

Old 05-11-2021, 12:54 AM
Great question and I can easily help you. For more detail click on https://onlypdfmanuals.com/workshop/honda site and from here, You can get the honda car service manual.

Quick Reply: Online Service Manual