Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   Headlight Retrofit Options (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/97607-headlight-retrofit-options.html)

mr2spyderman 02-14-2018 02:02 PM

Headlight Retrofit Options

I’ve done some searching through the forum here and found lots of posts about dropping in LEDs or HIDs in the stock headlight housings. As someone who’s very susceptible to bright lights coming from lifted trucks and aftermarket bulbs in halogen housings, I’m not about to contribute to the problem of blinding people on the road, so I thought about importing OEM Honda projector headlights from overseas (UK, Japan or Australia) that will fit (no pun intended) on a US 2018 Fit.

Has anyone tried that? If so, where did you buy the parts?

Uncle Gary 02-14-2018 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by mr2spyderman (Post 1393225)
I’ve done some searching through the forum here and found lots of posts about dropping in LEDs or HIDs in the stock headlight housings. As someone who’s very susceptible to bright lights coming from lifted trucks and aftermarket bulbs in halogen housings, I’m not about to contribute to the problem of blinding people on the road, so I thought about importing OEM Honda projector headlights from overseas (UK, Japan or Australia) that will fit (no pun intended) on a US 2018 Fit.

Has anyone tried that? If so, where did you buy the parts?

Projector lamps from those countries are intended for driving on the left side of the road. Therefore the beam pattern will “dip” to the wrong side, and you’ll still blind oncoming traffic.

mr2spyderman 02-15-2018 03:48 PM

How about headlights from LHD foreign markets?

hasdrubal 02-16-2018 01:34 AM

It would probably be faster to split the stock halogen housings and retrofit an LED projector inside, unless you have a good source for foreign market parts- and if you do, I want a disc brake conversion kit.

George Knighton 11-29-2019 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by mr2spyderman (Post 1393331)
How about headlights from LHD foreign markets?

Does the Jazz sold in the European Union come with Bi-Xenon HID or LED assemblies?

GolNat 11-30-2019 07:38 AM

Check out theretrofitsource.com they have some nice quality projectors nad HID/LED options.

George Knighton 11-30-2019 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1439922)
Check out theretrofitsource.com they have some nice quality projectors nad HID/LED options.

Morimoto XB LED

Thanks for providing the link.

There is indeed an item there worth researching.

GolNat 11-30-2019 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by George Knighton (Post 1439923)
Morimoto XB LED

Thanks for providing the link.

There is indeed an item there worth researching.

I retrofitted my 01 Civic with the Mini Morimoto HID set and it made a world of difference. The Fit lights suck and could use an upgrade.