Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   New Honda Fit- Sports Owner: What should I know? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/97609-new-honda-fit-sports-owner-what-should-i-know.html)

Aussie 02-14-2018 08:45 PM

New Honda Fit- Sports Owner: What should I know?

Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2018 sports with auto trans - edit; CVT. Was wondering if there was anything you learned when you picked up your car? If there is anything I should do sooner rather than later preemptively, perhaps.

Best way to learn is from others who have gone before you!

Reading the manual as we speak.

:)

2Rismo2 02-15-2018 08:20 AM

If you're worried about rock chips on the front, best to get it clear bra installed asap.

Roof is very thing, so be careful when washing it. Don't rest your elbows there or you'll regret it.

fitchet 02-18-2018 09:23 AM

Finer Point.
But my 2016 came with a hard copy, but smaller 'Owners Guide" that only covered certain major points.
The real owners manual was on a downloadable CD.
If you wanted a hard copy you had X number of days after purchase to request one from Honda.
Otherwise you download the real manual.

I didn't realize this at first, until I realized the provided "Owners Guide" was NOT the "Owners Manual".

woof 02-18-2018 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie (Post 1393266)
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2018 sports with auto trans. Was wondering if there was anything you learned when you picked up your car? :)

Yes. I learned to call it a CVT and not an "auto trans." which it isn't. :p

kenchan 02-18-2018 12:33 PM

CVT = continus vacuum tones

joke aside, check to make sure none of your power window glass tries to fall out like my pos GK.. :eek3:

wasserball 02-20-2018 12:05 AM

All the features are for looks only. It has the same engine with the same hp and torque as the LX and EX models, so it should be able to go just as slow. If they invented the CVT first, then you would wonder why anyone want an automatic trans. Well, it's getting to be like a CVT, Ford has a 10 speed transmission from the original of 3 speeds.

sjd 02-20-2018 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1393595)
joke aside, check to make sure none of your power window glass tries to fall out like my pos GK.. :eek3:

Seriously, why are you here since you hate the Fit so much?

Uncle Gary 02-20-2018 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by sjd (Post 1393727)

This. I can’t figure how someone who hates Fits and drives Volkswagens calls himself the “official blogger of Fitfreak.net”

kenchan 02-20-2018 02:27 PM

u see the migration of how the honda was Fit to do the task and now it lost a great customer to its own flaws. that’s not my fault. hell couldve bought a few more Fits before i’m done.

why u two crying at someone that actually has experience with the car good and bad.
if the experience is good, u see good posts. you can’t just take the good and pretend there is no bad.

kenchan 02-20-2018 02:34 PM

point being.. check your power windows before purchase!

SR14626 02-20-2018 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by sjd (Post 1393727)

Probably to increase his post count. :rotfl:

exl500 02-20-2018 06:07 PM

An overdue congratulations. Hope your Fit is as perfect as my 2015 has been...not one thing gone wrong.

kenchan 02-20-2018 06:14 PM

:nod: sounds excellent, exl500.

sjd 02-21-2018 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1393759)
why u two crying at someone that actually has experience with the car good and bad.
if the experience is good, u see good posts. you can’t just take the good and pretend there is no bad.

I don’t pretend that the Fit doesn’t have problems and there are things I don’t like about it or would change however the majority of your posts are negative towards the Fit and postive towards your VW products.

Aussie 02-21-2018 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by exl500 (Post 1393776)
An overdue congratulations. Hope your Fit is as perfect as my 2015 has been...not one thing gone wrong.

So far she's a ripper. A little teething problems with apple play, and i'm trying to better manage the storage space but I'm lovin' her. It's my first new car so I feel like I'm driving a Bentley.

kenchan 02-21-2018 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by sjd (Post 1393831)

I don’t pretend that the Fit doesn’t have problems and there are things I don’t like about it or would change however the majority of your posts are negative towards the Fit and postive towards your VW products.

don’t complain to me cause 100% of my posts regardless of car are true thoughts resulting from actual experience of my cars and cars i’ve driven.

so not sure wat your point is. if honda wants great reviews of the GK from me, then they needed to do a much better job. if VW sucked, ud hear about it too from me. ure like the “fake news” guy. everything you don’t want to hear is fake news.

sjd 02-21-2018 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1393838)
don’t complain to me cause 100% of my posts regardless of car are true thoughts resulting from actual experience of my cars and cars i’ve driven.

so not sure wat your point is. if honda wants great reviews of the GK from me, then they needed to do a much better job. if VW sucked, ud hear about it too from me. ure like the “fake news” guy. everything you don’t want to hear is fake news.

It has nothing to do with what I don’t or don’t want to hear. The only thing I want to hear is an answer to is: Why are you on a forum of a car you hate? You hate the Fit and it’s your wife’s car. You hate it. Why are you here? Is it to let everyone know how much you hate it?

kenchan 02-22-2018 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by sjd (Post 1393899)

It has nothing to do with what I don’t or don’t want to hear. The only thing I want to hear is an answer to is: Why are you on a forum of a car you hate? You hate the Fit and it’s your wife’s car. You hate it. Why are you here? Is it to let everyone know how much you hate it?

why are you so fixated on just the negatives? there are a whole bunch of other posts i make other than just the negatives of the GK. remember im not a fanboy of honda or the GK.

im a car enthusiast that likes sport hatches and not brand or car oriented. people can and do benefit from 3rd person view understanding where the GK stands as a hatch in 2018. no sugar coating. if you cant handle that, dont come to this site. this site is not about just you or just making you feel good. take the good with the bad.

nomenclator 02-25-2018 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by woof (Post 1393579)
Yes. I learned to call it a CVT and not an "auto trans." which it isn't. :p

A continuously variable transmission is a kind of automatic transmission. It transmits engine rotation to wheel rotation and changes the ratio of engine speed to wheel speed and does so automatically. That makes it an automatic transmission. The "old fashioned" kind of automatic transmission is a planetary gear automatic transmission. It has gear ratios just like a manual transmission but the gear ratios are selected using hydraulically operated braking bands instead of by a manually operated shift fork that slides gears along a shaft. The CVT does not have gear ratios - it has pulley ratios. They are selected automatically via hydraulic control of effective pulley diameter along a contiuum of pulley diameters. It is perfectly accurate to call a CVT a CVAT – a continuously variable automatic transmission.

Uncle Gary 02-26-2018 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by nomenclator (Post 1394310)
A continuously variable transmission is a kind of automatic transmission. It transmits engine rotation to wheel rotation and changes the ratio of engine speed to wheel speed and does so automatically. That makes it an automatic transmission. The "old fashioned" kind of automatic transmission is a planetary gear automatic transmission. It has gear ratios just like a manual transmission but the gear ratios are selected using hydraulically operated braking bands instead of by a manually operated shift fork that slides gears along a shaft. The CVT does not have gear ratios - it has pulley ratios. They are selected automatically via hydraulic control of effective pulley diameter along a contiuum of pulley diameters. It is perfectly accurate to call a CVT a CVAT – a continuously variable automatic transmission.

In fact “CVAT” would be more correct, as it would be perfectly feasible to make a CVT where the pulley ratios could be set manually, which you can sort-of do in “sport mode.”