Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   New Honda Fit- Sports Owner: What should I know? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/97609-new-honda-fit-sports-owner-what-should-i-know.html)

Aussie 02-14-2018 08:45 PM

New Honda Fit- Sports Owner: What should I know?

Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2018 sports with auto trans - edit; CVT. Was wondering if there was anything you learned when you picked up your car? If there is anything I should do sooner rather than later preemptively, perhaps.

Best way to learn is from others who have gone before you!

Reading the manual as we speak.

:)

2Rismo2 02-15-2018 08:20 AM

If you're worried about rock chips on the front, best to get it clear bra installed asap.

Roof is very thing, so be careful when washing it. Don't rest your elbows there or you'll regret it.

fitchet 02-18-2018 09:23 AM

Finer Point.
But my 2016 came with a hard copy, but smaller 'Owners Guide" that only covered certain major points.
The real owners manual was on a downloadable CD.
If you wanted a hard copy you had X number of days after purchase to request one from Honda.
Otherwise you download the real manual.

I didn't realize this at first, until I realized the provided "Owners Guide" was NOT the "Owners Manual".

woof 02-18-2018 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie (Post 1393266)
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2018 sports with auto trans. Was wondering if there was anything you learned when you picked up your car? :)

Yes. I learned to call it a CVT and not an "auto trans." which it isn't. :p

kenchan 02-18-2018 12:33 PM

CVT = continus vacuum tones

joke aside, check to make sure none of your power window glass tries to fall out like my pos GK.. :eek3:

wasserball 02-20-2018 12:05 AM

All the features are for looks only. It has the same engine with the same hp and torque as the LX and EX models, so it should be able to go just as slow. If they invented the CVT first, then you would wonder why anyone want an automatic trans. Well, it's getting to be like a CVT, Ford has a 10 speed transmission from the original of 3 speeds.

sjd 02-20-2018 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1393595)
joke aside, check to make sure none of your power window glass tries to fall out like my pos GK.. :eek3:

Seriously, why are you here since you hate the Fit so much?

Uncle Gary 02-20-2018 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by sjd (Post 1393727)

This. I can’t figure how someone who hates Fits and drives Volkswagens calls himself the “official blogger of Fitfreak.net”

kenchan 02-20-2018 02:27 PM

u see the migration of how the honda was Fit to do the task and now it lost a great customer to its own flaws. that’s not my fault. hell couldve bought a few more Fits before i’m done.

why u two crying at someone that actually has experience with the car good and bad.
if the experience is good, u see good posts. you can’t just take the good and pretend there is no bad.

kenchan 02-20-2018 02:34 PM

point being.. check your power windows before purchase!

SR14626 02-20-2018 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by sjd (Post 1393727)

Probably to increase his post count. :rotfl:

exl500 02-20-2018 06:07 PM

An overdue congratulations. Hope your Fit is as perfect as my 2015 has been...not one thing gone wrong.

kenchan 02-20-2018 06:14 PM

:nod: sounds excellent, exl500.

sjd 02-21-2018 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1393759)
why u two crying at someone that actually has experience with the car good and bad.
if the experience is good, u see good posts. you can’t just take the good and pretend there is no bad.

I don’t pretend that the Fit doesn’t have problems and there are things I don’t like about it or would change however the majority of your posts are negative towards the Fit and postive towards your VW products.

Aussie 02-21-2018 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by exl500 (Post 1393776)
An overdue congratulations. Hope your Fit is as perfect as my 2015 has been...not one thing gone wrong.

So far she's a ripper. A little teething problems with apple play, and i'm trying to better manage the storage space but I'm lovin' her. It's my first new car so I feel like I'm driving a Bentley.

kenchan 02-21-2018 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by sjd (Post 1393831)

I don’t pretend that the Fit doesn’t have problems and there are things I don’t like about it or would change however the majority of your posts are negative towards the Fit and postive towards your VW products.

don’t complain to me cause 100% of my posts regardless of car are true thoughts resulting from actual experience of my cars and cars i’ve driven.

so not sure wat your point is. if honda wants great reviews of the GK from me, then they needed to do a much better job. if VW sucked, ud hear about it too from me. ure like the “fake news” guy. everything you don’t want to hear is fake news.

sjd 02-21-2018 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1393838)
don’t complain to me cause 100% of my posts regardless of car are true thoughts resulting from actual experience of my cars and cars i’ve driven.

so not sure wat your point is. if honda wants great reviews of the GK from me, then they needed to do a much better job. if VW sucked, ud hear about it too from me. ure like the “fake news” guy. everything you don’t want to hear is fake news.

It has nothing to do with what I don’t or don’t want to hear. The only thing I want to hear is an answer to is: Why are you on a forum of a car you hate? You hate the Fit and it’s your wife’s car. You hate it. Why are you here? Is it to let everyone know how much you hate it?

kenchan 02-22-2018 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by sjd (Post 1393899)

It has nothing to do with what I don’t or don’t want to hear. The only thing I want to hear is an answer to is: Why are you on a forum of a car you hate? You hate the Fit and it’s your wife’s car. You hate it. Why are you here? Is it to let everyone know how much you hate it?

why are you so fixated on just the negatives? there are a whole bunch of other posts i make other than just the negatives of the GK. remember im not a fanboy of honda or the GK.

im a car enthusiast that likes sport hatches and not brand or car oriented. people can and do benefit from 3rd person view understanding where the GK stands as a hatch in 2018. no sugar coating. if you cant handle that, dont come to this site. this site is not about just you or just making you feel good. take the good with the bad.

nomenclator 02-25-2018 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by woof (Post 1393579)
Yes. I learned to call it a CVT and not an "auto trans." which it isn't. :p

A continuously variable transmission is a kind of automatic transmission. It transmits engine rotation to wheel rotation and changes the ratio of engine speed to wheel speed and does so automatically. That makes it an automatic transmission. The "old fashioned" kind of automatic transmission is a planetary gear automatic transmission. It has gear ratios just like a manual transmission but the gear ratios are selected using hydraulically operated braking bands instead of by a manually operated shift fork that slides gears along a shaft. The CVT does not have gear ratios - it has pulley ratios. They are selected automatically via hydraulic control of effective pulley diameter along a contiuum of pulley diameters. It is perfectly accurate to call a CVT a CVAT – a continuously variable automatic transmission.

Uncle Gary 02-26-2018 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by nomenclator (Post 1394310)
A continuously variable transmission is a kind of automatic transmission. It transmits engine rotation to wheel rotation and changes the ratio of engine speed to wheel speed and does so automatically. That makes it an automatic transmission. The "old fashioned" kind of automatic transmission is a planetary gear automatic transmission. It has gear ratios just like a manual transmission but the gear ratios are selected using hydraulically operated braking bands instead of by a manually operated shift fork that slides gears along a shaft. The CVT does not have gear ratios - it has pulley ratios. They are selected automatically via hydraulic control of effective pulley diameter along a contiuum of pulley diameters. It is perfectly accurate to call a CVT a CVAT – a continuously variable automatic transmission.

In fact “CVAT” would be more correct, as it would be perfectly feasible to make a CVT where the pulley ratios could be set manually, which you can sort-of do in “sport mode.”

woof 02-26-2018 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by nomenclator (Post 1394310)

Well, if someone asks me what kind of transmission my Fit has I'll just say CVT. If they then ask me what's that I'll tell them to Google it. I think my way of answering the question will be more satisfactory than getting into a long winded discussion of automatic transmissions. :p

bach 02-26-2018 07:35 PM

I didn't know this was a fan boy site ...

kenchan 02-26-2018 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by bach (Post 1394403)

i know right? i was like wtf.

fitchet 02-26-2018 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by bach (Post 1394403)

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1394406)
i know right? i was like wtf.

I don't know, it is called FIT FREAK.
I kind of assumed it was going to be filled with Honda Fit enthusiasts.

sjd 02-27-2018 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by fitchet (Post 1394427)
I don't know, it is called FIT FREAK.
I kind of assumed it was going to be filled with Honda Fit enthusiasts.

Yeah, you’d think that. Instead it’s filled with haters who claim it’s their duty to talk about how the car sucks.

sjd 02-27-2018 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1393901)
why are you so fixated on just the negatives? there are a whole bunch of other posts i make other than just the negatives of the GK. remember im not a fanboy of honda or the GK.

im a car enthusiast that likes sport hatches and not brand or car oriented. people can and do benefit from 3rd person view understanding where the GK stands as a hatch in 2018. no sugar coating. if you cant handle that, dont come to this site. this site is not about just you or just making you feel good. take the good with the bad.

Negatives are all you talk about. Besides the Fit isn’t a sport hatch according to you. So why are you here if you don’t like Honda or the Fit? Other than to brag about your VW products?

bach 02-27-2018 11:33 PM

My GK is FAR from perfect, but it's what I got. Am I an enthusiast? I think so. I don't pay much attention to names, only content, and I haven't really seen any flame war-level vitriol -- until now. Can't you just shake your head, maybe mutter "what an a-hole!" if you see someone say something dumb and just move on? Everyone here has a Fit; some like them, maybe some don't. So what? Do we really have to call people out like this? It smacks of insecure fan boy shit, and it's kind of disappointing ...

sjd 02-28-2018 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by bach (Post 1394506)
My GK is FAR from perfect, but it's what I got. Am I an enthusiast? I think so. I don't pay much attention to names, only content, and I haven't really seen any flame war-level vitriol -- until now. Can't you just shake your head, maybe mutter "what an a-hole!" if you see someone say something dumb and just move on? Everyone here has a Fit; some like them, maybe some don't. So what? Do we really have to call people out like this? It smacks of insecure fan boy shit, and it's kind of disappointing ...

I wouldn’t be calling anyone out except I see the same poster post the same hate and same fanboyism over his VW products over and over again. It’s almost all he posts and is tiresome so it’s hard to just shake one’s head and move on. It’s obvious he hates his (wife’s) Fit.

fitchet 02-28-2018 09:15 AM

Whether it's FIT FREAK or my local sports team's fan site...whenever I communicate within a forum I try to remember my audience, and respect that, whether my commentary is positive or negative.

Yes, I assume within this site MOST of us are Honda Fit enthusiasts. That is PRO, Honda Fit ownership.

I have nothing against ANY poster here. I have nothing against critical evaluation of the product.
I myself have posted about negatives with this vehicle...most notably a TPMS system that seems to give me a lot of false alerts and wiper blades that drag.

But in my opinion TONE MATTERS.

I don't say...this "pos"...Piece of Shit...
Nor do I tell a new owner, probably excited to be owning a new Honda Fit, to look for problems IMO that do not really exist.

One can be critical of the flaws of a vehicle, in a non-caustic manner. Respecting I think the reality that this forum is really here as a supportive community of Fit owners, not as a platform for constant criticism or degradation of the product.

sjd 02-28-2018 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by fitchet (Post 1394524)
I don't say...this "pos"...Piece of Shit...Nor do I tell a new owner, probably excited to be owning a new Honda Fit, to look for problems IMO that do not really exist.

One can be critical of the flaws of a vehicle, in a non-caustic manner. Respecting I think the reality that this forum is really here as a supportive community of Fit owners, not as a platform for constant criticism or degradation of the product.

Exactly! This is my criticism with the poster I called out.

fitchet 02-28-2018 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by sjd (Post 1394525)

Exactly! This is my criticism with the poster I called out.

Even if I disagree?
I really am not for calling out anyone.
If I disagree with a presented statement someone makes, I'll argue that specific statement....

Otherwise, I am for trying to NOT make it personal.

For example...if someone wants to say....I've never had a problem with my TPMS, I really like the indirect TPMS system on my Honda Fit....

I'm fine with that. Even though that is NOT my experience.

If someone say's....Fitchet is crazy, there is nothing wrong with his TPMS, he just likes to whine constantly about it.....

That's when it becomes a caustic.

sjd 02-28-2018 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by fitchet (Post 1394528)
Even if I disagree?
I really am not for calling out anyone.
If I disagree with a presented statement someone makes, I'll argue that specific statement....

Otherwise, I am for trying to NOT make it personal.

You can absolutely disagree. However I’ve owned my Fit for just a few months and am already tired of the hate spewed towards it by this poster. He clearly has an agenda against the Fit. It’s hard to argue a specific statement when every post is hating on the Fit.

fitchet 02-28-2018 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by sjd (Post 1394529)

You can absolutely disagree. However I’ve owned my Fit for just a few months and am already tired of the hate spewed towards it by this poster. He clearly has an agenda against the Fit. It’s hard to argue a specific statement when every post is hating on the Fit.

Ignoring works too.....

sjd 02-28-2018 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by fitchet (Post 1394532)
Ignoring works too.....

Normally I’d agree but he posts so often. Its become caustic.

nomenclator 02-28-2018 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary (Post 1394400)

In fact “CVAT” would be more correct, as it would be perfectly feasible to make a CVT where the pulley ratios could be set manually, which you can sort-of do in “sport mode.”

I wonder if there are any fully manual continuously variable transmissions, any CVMTs – where you change the pulley diameters using a mechanical linkage instead of via hydraulics. Things like snowmobiles and scooters have CVATs where centrifugal force acting on a set of small weights changes the diameter of one pulley and because the belt is a fixed length, the other pulley automatically gets smaller as the first gets larger, and vice-versa. This is fully automatic but there are no hydraulics involved and there is no digital electronic computer involved. You might think of the weights as being a mechanical analog computer. I can't recall how the weights are linked to the pulley diameter but there ought to be a way to leave out the weights and have a hand-operated or foot-operated mechanical linkage, instead. I am not aware of any vehicle that has such a CVMT but I'd bet there is one somewhere in space or was one somewhere in time.

kenchan 02-28-2018 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by sjd (Post 1394435)

Negatives are all you talk about. Besides the Fit isn’t a sport hatch according to you. So why are you here if you don’t like Honda or the Fit? Other than to brag about your VW products?

nono, you only picked up on the negatives. i dont know why it bothers you so much when i say something i dont like about my GK, but i appreciate the fact that it has so much weight to you.

you know ive been around a decade now and i know wat im talking about when it comes to Fits. it's not like i bought one Fit. i bought 4 Fits entirely out of my allowance (cash). that should show that i like the Fit, just that the GK is definitely not wat i expected.

you can go look through my blog and see all sorts of comments ive made about the GD, GE, GK through the last decade. it is unfortunate my GK is not at the quality level the previous Fits were. hell, i bought the car new and encountering all sorts of used car buyer problems. wtf is with that?

brag about my VW products... no, i dont brag. im just posting the facts. if the GK was superior, id post about that too... in fact, GK is superior to the Golf as far as rear passenger foot well space, cargo space and ive posted that numerous times. where were you?

sjd 02-28-2018 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1394588)
nono, you only picked up on the negatives. i dont know why it bothers you so much when i say something i dont like about my GK, but i appreciate the fact that it has so much weight to you.

you know ive been around a decade now and i know wat im talking about when it comes to Fits. it's not like i bought one Fit. i bought 4 Fits entirely out of my allowance (cash). that should show that i like the Fit, just that the GK is definitely not wat i expected.

you can go look through my blog and see all sorts of comments ive made about the GD, GE, GK through the last decade. it is unfortunate my GK is not at the quality level the previous Fits were. hell, i bought the car new and encountering all sorts of used car buyer problems. wtf is with that?

brag about my VW products... no, i dont brag. im just posting the facts. if the GK was superior, id post about that too... in fact, GK is superior to the Golf as far as rear passenger foot well space, cargo space and ive posted that numerous times. where were you?

Doubling down huh?

What does bragging that you paid cash for your Fits have to do with anything? How about you use some of the cash you are bragging about to buy your wife a car you don't hate?

I get it. You've owned 4 of them. You're bitter that your latest one gave you problems. It sucks that that happens but you were buying a first year car built in a first year Mexican plant. There isn't a single manufacturer I would buy a first year car from. Not one.

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1393595)

How is this helpful to a new owner when the window glass falling isn't a common issue on these cars? Not to mention his car is 3 years newer than yours. This is what bothers me. You assume that because your GK has problems that they all do, which obviously isn't the case.

kenchan 03-01-2018 07:20 AM

i am truely sorry for the issues you are having. GL to you.

fitchet 03-01-2018 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1394615)
i am truely sorry for the issues you are having. GL to you.

Just for the record:

" I have nothing against ANY poster here. I have nothing against critical evaluation of the product. "

I may not agree with everything that gets posted, but I never agree with ANYONE...all the time.

And hey, bottom line, this is just an automotive forum.
I hang around here for information and "fun".

I agree with Bach, from the perspective that agree/disagree or anything between, we don't need to take it so seriously.