Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

led headlight/fog install

Old 02-17-2018, 03:29 PM
led headlight/fog install

just wanted to share my latest mod on my 18 sport.did the headlights and fogs.
both with kensun led kits. 6k top and bottom headlights need to be aimed as well

Old 02-17-2018, 08:39 PM
Noice! Was it a toUgh install or quite a bit involved?

Old 02-17-2018, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Aussie
Noice! Was it a toUgh install or quite a bit involved?
it was pretty straight foward.but you have to jack the car up on the bottom to do the fogs.
i took it to my boys shop and it literally took 10 minutes. you do have to cut the dust covers
in order for the led fans to breathe definitely need to align the lights afterwards.they are
really bright as well lovin it thus far!

Old 03-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Can you go into more detail on the exact kit? I see kits for $40 and $100 but they seem identical .. the more expensive one has anti flicker resistors already ?

The cutoff looks good but i dont see any housing on the pictures of the bulbs, did you do something with your existing headlight housings ? DRL still work ?

Old 03-02-2018, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by calafricano
it was pretty straight foward.but you have to jack the car up on the bottom to do the fogs.
i took it to my boys shop and it literally took 10 minutes. you do have to cut the dust covers
in order for the led fans to breathe definitely need to align the lights afterwards.they are
really bright as well lovin it thus far!
I used a "fanless" set of LEDs for my conversion and didn't have to alter the dust covers. They DO serve a purpose.

Post #2 in this thread shows what I used: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...amp-bulbs.html

Old 03-07-2018, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by ercdvs
Can you go into more detail on the exact kit? I see kits for $40 and $100 but they seem identical .. the more expensive one has anti flicker resistors already ?

The cutoff looks good but i dont see any housing on the pictures of the bulbs, did you do something with your existing headlight housings ? DRL still work ?
these are the exact ones in the links provided

https://kensun.com/collections/led-c..._eti_led_chips

https://kensun.com/collections/led-c...ith_cree_chips

i pulled the fuse for the drl's no modifications to the headlight housings

Old 03-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I used a "fanless" set of LEDs for my conversion and didn't have to alter the dust covers. They DO serve a purpose.

Post #2 in this thread shows what I used: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...amp-bulbs.html
i know those led's all headlight led bulbs need air of some sort so that the bulb can be cooled
doing that way the blubs life span is much greater than the other that does not have any circulation
trimming the dust cover to let the fans do its job is not an issue esp when the kensun bulbs are
completely waterproof and the dust cover has a tight snug on the bulb so that no water can get
into the housing whatsoever

Old 03-07-2018, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
i know those led's all headlight led bulbs need air of some sort so that the bulb can be cooled
doing that way the blubs life span is much greater than the other that does not have any circulation
trimming the dust cover to let the fans do its job is not an issue esp when the kensun bulbs are
completely waterproof and the dust cover has a tight snug on the bulb so that no water can get
into the housing whatsoever
The lamps I use have large aluminum heat sinks in lieu of fans. The heat sinks are sufficiently exposed to cool adequately.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:37 AM
I just install a kit from Amazon and it cost $36.00 Easy install amazing.. you just have to make sure it oriented correctly.

Amazon Link Amazon Link

Last edited by wmo168; 03-08-2018 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Photo
Old 03-13-2018, 06:11 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wmo168
I just install a kit from Amazon and it cost $36.00 Easy install amazing.. you just have to make sure it oriented correctly.

Amazon Link

awsome man congrats!

Old 03-16-2018, 01:56 PM
Water has entered and accumulated in the right fog light. Can someone tell me how is that possible ? Thank you

Old 03-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Sue88
Water has entered and accumulated in the right fog light. Can someone tell me how is that possible ? Thank you
is the fog light inserted properly? meaning that if there is any gap between the light and the housing,it will cause water to enter.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:11 PM
is the fog light inserted properly? meaning that if there is any gap between the light and the housing,it will cause water to enter.
I have not changed the fog light. I don't know if precedent owner did it. The fog light where water accumulated is still working. The other fog light is not really visible because it looks like mist or don't know what exactly has formed on the inside glass. This one is not working.

Last edited by Sue88; 03-17-2018 at 03:25 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:31 AM
thanks for the beamtech led recommendation. installed them, good cut off. agree, need to make sure bulb oriented correctly with silver cut off shield on the bottom.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:07 AM
I have not changed the fog light. I don't know if precedent owner did it. The fog light where water accumulated is still working. The other fog light is not really visible because it looks like mist or don't know what exactly has formed on the inside glass. This one is not working.
then try to take the entire assembly out.make sure there are no cracks,leaks,etc... dry the entire housing and go from there.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
Are the bulbs too bright?

Old 03-24-2018, 05:11 AM
Very nice!

Originally Posted by wmo168

Amazon Link

Last edited by mizike; 03-24-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:35 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, the lamp hue looks good, now change the fogs too..

Old 03-24-2018, 01:36 PM
My car's colour seems to be the same as this one.
Can someone tell me what yellow colour exactly is this car of? Cause mine seems to be of the same colour. I'm looking to buy a touch up spray paint but don't know the exact colour for me to be able to buy it online.

Last edited by Sue88; 03-24-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

My car's colour seems to be the same as this one.
Can someone tell me what yellow colour exactly is this car of? Cause mine seems to be of the same colour. I'm looking to buy a touch up spray paint but don't know the exact colour for me to be able to buy it online.
That looks like Mystic Yellow Pearl.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: led headlight/fog install