Wilwood on GK5 - Page 2 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Wilwood on GK5

Old 01-15-2019, 12:05 PM
Dynapro Radial Big Brake Front Brake Kit (Race) comes with high-temperature pad (BP30) and Spec-37 Iron rotor. I am wondering if standard pad (BP10) could be used together with this spec-37 iron rotor. Do you have any idea?

Old 01-15-2019, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin Lam View Post
Dynapro Radial Big Brake Front Brake Kit (Race) comes with high-temperature pad (BP30) and Spec-37 Iron rotor. I am wondering if standard pad (BP10) could be used together with this spec-37 iron rotor. Do you have any idea?

click on your own link, click on the " Brake Pad Plate: " link .... and there will be a list of avail pads that work for that setup

Old 02-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Evil what made you choose the four piston over the six? Also are you noticing any bedding issues using the bp20 or bp30 pads over the bp10 due to the higher temps needed to bed them in? They look great on your vehicle and yes I agreee they are brake dust city.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Kevin Lam View Post
Thanks for your post. Do you use any spacer? My rims probably interference with the calipers. Just wondering if willwood could offer other Hat with differenceHat Offset Dimension (in):0.45
Kevin no I donít use any spacer. My wheel offset is 0.38 they clear fine in the 16in size wheel. Sorry for the length of time between my posts.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by bjosuesr View Post
Evil what made you choose the four piston over the six? Also are you noticing any bedding issues using the bp20 or bp30 pads over the bp10 due to the higher temps needed to bed them in? They look great on your vehicle and yes I agreee they are brake dust city.
-I am too poor for 6
-there have been reports of SOME wheels (15 inch) that do not clear 6, even though Wilwood says 15s should clear, some simply do not clear
-no bedding issues, I just drove it hard as heck and got temps up as much as I could w/o endangering myself/my surroundings
-ty for the kind words

Old 02-16-2019, 09:22 AM
how are the race shoes different from stock ?

Old 02-16-2019, 09:30 AM
The only thing I know of is the compound used has a more aggressive bite for the race pads and the temp needed for the correct use is higher

Originally Posted by bill bosco View Post
how are the race shoes different from stock ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.