Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   You left your engine running! loud beeper (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/97721-you-left-your-engine-running-loud-beeper.html)

SHAG 03-05-2018 09:40 PM

You left your engine running! loud beeper

Searched but couldn't find any information on silencing or eliminating the annoying beeper noise in the rear that blares way too loud when you close the drivers door without someone in the passenger seat while the engine is running.

I've looked for it unsuccessfully. Can someone pin point the exact location of this thing and maybe even suggest the favorite flavor of gum to shove a big wad in that annoying little noisemaker?
It's so loud that it is telling everyone within a 1/4 mile that you just left your car unlocked with the engine running :mad:

wasserball 03-05-2018 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by SHAG (Post 1394986)
Searched but couldn't find any information on silencing or eliminating the annoying beeper noise in the rear that blares way too loud when you close the drivers door without someone in the passenger seat while the engine is running.

I've looked for it unsuccessfully. Can someone pin point the exact location of this thing and maybe even suggest the favorite flavor of gum to shove a big wad in that annoying little noisemaker?
It's so loud that it is telling everyone within a 1/4 mile that you just left your car unlocked with the engine running :mad:

Dealer would not help

Le me try to understand the scenario by creating a situation. You are driving home without a passenger. You come to the community mail boxes and you let the engine run, and you get out of the car and shut the door. This is when the noise come into play? Seems odd, no wonder the dealer can't help you.

woof 03-05-2018 11:11 PM

I've got a solution for you. Just turn your car off whenever you get out and start it again when you get back in. Problem solved! You're welcome.

USDM 03-05-2018 11:33 PM

Dealer would not help

Which trim level is your Fit? If you have a key fob, try leaving your key fob in the car when you do this.

ezone 03-06-2018 12:59 AM

silencing or eliminating the annoying beeper noise in the rear that blares way too loud

It's so loud that it is telling everyone within a 1/4 mile

You're kidding, right?
I can barely hear those at 20 paces.
If there's a wall between me and the car, I usually can't hear it at all.

I so liked when the cars actual horn honked at you instead of that wimpy little beeper.
It's like CAPS LOCK instead of a gentle finger tap on the shoulder.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...64f088f980.jpg

I might tell you where it's at..... only if you promise to connect the warning system to the cars horn
:thumbups:

.....when you close the drivers door
.....while the engine is running.
.....that you just left your car unlocked with the engine running :mad:
.....Dealer would not help
And the fob is in your pocket when you got out of the car.

I totally understand why your dealer won't "help" you.
The manufacturer made it this way for a reason.

kenchan 03-06-2018 06:20 AM

thought i was missing something. that beep on my EX is not that loud.

i’ve done it too when i’m doing an oil change i let the car idle on ramps while i gather my tools. to me it’s not that loud..?

cgs2000 03-06-2018 06:20 AM

In some places it is illegal to leave a car running w/o a licensed driver inside. I wonder why?

bach 03-06-2018 07:11 AM

I believe the loudness is inversely proportional to the desire to keep it quiet ... since our opener broke, I notice it's loudest very late at night in the driveway when I have to get out to manually open the garage door. All the dogs down the street start barking, then a few lights go on. But no, I"m not going to turn off and restart the car for the 15-second dash.

SHAG 03-06-2018 09:20 PM

Can someone pin point the exact location of this beeper

I already asked and did't get an answer

USDM 03-06-2018 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by SHAG (Post 1395057)
Here is an easier question

Which trim level is your Fit? If you have a key fob, try leaving your key fob in the car when you do this. Your car won't beep anymore with the key fob inside the vehicle.

ezone 03-06-2018 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by SHAG (Post 1395057)
I already asked and did't get an answer

Where does it sound like the noise comes from?

wasserball 03-07-2018 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by woof (Post 1394996)
I've got a solution for you. Just turn your car off whenever you get out and start it again when you get back in. Problem solved! You're welcome.

You missed the point. Thank you too. It is like cutting off the nose to spite the face. :)

mike410b 03-07-2018 11:44 AM

Dealer would not help

Dealer would not help because you should leave a running car unoccupied.

QuiGonQuinn 03-08-2018 10:18 PM

I agree that it is kind of obnoxiously loud. But, I also understand the point of it. It also beeps the same if you leave it in ACC or ON without the engine running, which, with push button and smart key, could be easy to do, and then you could leave your car unlocked and on all night.

One solution I would offer would be, if you need to get out of the car for a quick run to the mailbox, garage, etc, then just leave the key fob in the little cubby in the center console next to the hand brake. The car will think you are still inside, and won't beep.

Other option is: just don't close the door all the way, if it doesn't latch, it doesn't beep. I've started to do this on my run to the mailbox in my apt complex, since I keep the fob on my key chain on my belt loop, and don't feel like taking it off.

Honestly, I feel like completely disabling this safety/security/dead battery preventing feature isn't a great idea. Hopefully one of those ideas helps, but if you still want to disable it, hopefully you can figure it out :)