General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

2013 honda fit hybrid model DAA-GP5 from Japan-second hand

Old 03-17-2018, 02:33 PM
2013 honda fit hybrid model DAA-GP5 from Japan-second hand

Someone on the forum for 2nd generation honda fit said that my 2013 honda fit hybrid from Japan is similar to the 3rd generation honda fit of the US.
So i'm creating a new post here.

I have changed 3 ignition coils as 2 of them had problems but could not changed the fourth one. Also, I have changed the 4 spark plugs.
However, now when i press on the accelerator,it is not sensitive like before. Before, a slight press on the accelerator (to start moving the car) would make the car accelerate quite a lot. After the car has started to move, the engine does a louder sound than usual before the car changes from first gear to second gear automatically. Furthermore, it seems to take a longer time for the car to enter second gear.
​​​​
Can someone tell me what's the problem please? Because my car mechanic thinks the car is good after he changed the 3 ignition coils and the 4 spark plugs. He just told me to put fuel injecter cleaner in the fuel tank.

Last edited by Sue88; 03-17-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Could the fact that three coils are brand new, but the fourth is a lot older, be having some effect on the timing? Might be worth disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery, to see if the stored data in the engine management computer about the engine performance is confusing it as to when to fire the cylinders. Wiping all that data and starting from scratch might help things. If it doesn't, I'd be inclined to replace the other coil.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by SoCalPurpleFit
Could the fact that three coils are brand new, but the fourth is a lot older, be having some effect on the timing? Might be worth disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery, to see if the stored data in the engine management computer about the engine performance is confusing it as to when to fire the cylinders. Wiping all that data and starting from scratch might help things. If it doesn't, I'd be inclined to replace the other coil.
First of all, thank you for your reply. Is it also possible that there's problem with fuel injectors? I will put fuel injecter cleaner in the fuel tank of my car today to see if there's any change.

Old 03-18-2018, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
I am a little confused here. I though a hybrid vehicle ran off of the battery first and only started the engine when extra power was needed or the battery ran low. If this is true then initial acceleration should not be involving the gasoline engine at all. This comment / question is from someone who has never worked on or even driven a hybrid vehicle.

Go ahead with the injector cleaner. Do not be afraid to double the recommended dose on the bottle and then use the vehicle until near empty before refilling.

A few weeks ago I was working on a motorhome engine that had not been started for 19 years. I got it started by it ran terribly. It was suggested to me that I fill the carburetor with 100% cleaner and leave it sit overnight. The next day after some cranking to get some of the cleaner out and gasoline in it started now the engine just purrs. I have run it several times since then for about 2 hours total. It starts immediately and purrs like a kitten.

My point is that a higher dose of cleaner might also help yours.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:38 AM
I have filled the fuel tank to about 3/4 its capacity and i put a whole bottle of injector cleaner in the fuel tank like an hour ago. It is made in USA and the brand is Pyramid. I hope it's of good quality.
However, i have to use my car in two hours. Did not know it would have been better if i left it overnight.

Last edited by Sue88; 03-18-2018 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
I'm am not familiar with that brand but there are many of them out there. You will have to drive the car normally until most of the gas and cleaner mix is run through the injectors and used up. Do not refill with gasoline until the tank is almost empty to keep from thinning out the cleaner / gasoline mix. Then refill the tank and see if it made any difference.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by n9cv
I'm am not familiar with that brand but there are many of them out there. You will have to drive the car normally until most of the gas and cleaner mix is run through the injectors and used up. Do not refill with gasoline until the tank is almost empty to keep from thinning out the cleaner / gasoline mix. Then refill the tank and see if it made any difference.
Ok. Thank you for your reply.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:51 PM
I don't have an rpm reader in my car. So how to meausure it ? Thank you.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by n9cv
I am a little confused here. I though a hybrid vehicle ran off of the battery first and only started the engine when extra power was needed or the battery ran low. If this is true then initial acceleration should not be involving the gasoline engine at all. This comment / question is from someone who has never worked on or even driven a hybrid vehicle.

Go ahead with the injector cleaner. Do not be afraid to double the recommended dose on the bottle and then use the vehicle until near empty before refilling.

A few weeks ago I was working on a motorhome engine that had not been started for 19 years. I got it started by it ran terribly. It was suggested to me that I fill the carburetor with 100% cleaner and leave it sit overnight. The next day after some cranking to get some of the cleaner out and gasoline in it started now the engine just purrs. I have run it several times since then for about 2 hours total. It starts immediately and purrs like a kitten.

My point is that a higher dose of cleaner might also help yours.
My car does not start off on the battery. When braking, the battery gets charged and then can be utilised.

Old 10-20-2019, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
You are looking for the wrong year

English speaking zones did not get the model as early as you so you will not find it in English..i hope this helps being 4 years late to this forum.

https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/s...a/2015-fit.pdf

Hope this works