Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Clicking sound coming from brake pedal when I brake while driving. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/98061-clicking-sound-coming-brake-pedal-when-i-brake-while-driving.html)

Pumpkintacos 04-30-2018 02:59 PM

Clicking sound coming from brake pedal when I brake while driving.

I made a similar thread about this last month but I had incorrect details/didn't know where the sound was coming from so I'm making a new thread.

Okay so for a couple months now I've been noticing that every time I apply the brakes while driving the brake pedal makes a "clicking" sound. At least I am pretty sure it's the brake pedal, the sound is coming up from my feet, it's NOT coming from the shifter or dashboard like I thought before (that's a separate and normal sound than what I'm talking about).

Since discovering this sound, I haven't been able to unhear it and it drives me crazy when I'm driving or when I'm a passenger. In stop and go traffic......click, click, click every time you brake. The brakes themselves work fine.

Does anyone know what this could be? My car is only like 5 months old (and a CVT if it matters).

Again, this sound occurs every single time I brake now.....it has nothing to do with weather, or if the car is hot/cold, or if I just started up the car...it's every single time.

bargainguy 04-30-2018 05:00 PM

If it's still under warranty, take it to a dealer. No need living with a potential safety issue.

Could be a lot of things, but best guess is a spring holding the pads has either shifted, weakened, rusted, etc., and you might be hearing the flexing as it gets worked back and forth. Wouldn't surprise me coming from a warm humid climate. But it could also have something to do with brake boost or a relay.

Pumpkintacos 04-30-2018 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by bargainguy (Post 1399615)
If it's still under warranty, take it to a dealer. No need living with a potential safety issue.

Could be a lot of things, but best guess is a spring holding the pads has either shifted, weakened, rusted, etc., and you might be hearing the flexing as it gets worked back and forth. Wouldn't surprise me coming from a warm humid climate. But it could also have something to do with brake boost or a relay.

I know I should take it to the dealership, I'm just convinced they are going to tell me it's normal and not do anything about it because they are lazy. Haven't had a great experience bringing up issues with them in the past.

The thing is that the brakes didn't always make this sound. I am very sensitive to sound and one of the things I loved so much about this car when I first bought it was that it was silent, no weird annoying sounds like my old car. Then this sound comes along......

Action Jackson 04-30-2018 06:28 PM

That clicking isn't normal to me. Mine doesn't do that.

Pumpkintacos 04-30-2018 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Action Jackson (Post 1399625)
That clicking isn't normal to me. Mine doesn't do that.

Yeah I might take it in then. If it's not normal I don't want it doing that.

ezone 04-30-2018 07:17 PM

In the video: You aren't driving, the shifter is in park.

I'm totally expecting the noise to be the shifter interlock.

Pumpkintacos 04-30-2018 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 1399636)
In the video: You aren't driving, the shifter is in park.

I'm totally expecting the noise to be the shifter interlock.

That isn't my video, I realize the guy is in park. I linked the video mostly to show that the clicking sounds like. It happens when I'm driving and braking.

ezone 04-30-2018 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pumpkintacos (Post 1399652)
That isn't my video

Well.......That makes it kinda difficult for the rest of us to hear YOUR car.

Pumpkintacos 04-30-2018 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 1399655)
Well.......That makes it kinda difficult for the rest of us to hear YOUR car.

Just wondering if anyone here knows why a car would be making a noise like that while braking and driving, maybe someone else's car does it. Noise is super similar to the noise in the video.

kenchan 05-01-2018 06:33 AM

There are many things on the GK that dont make sense to me pumpkintacos. i would take the car into the dealership for their feedback. at least have them document it so that when that actuator fails, they can call it up.