Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Next gen rumblings? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/98210-next-gen-rumblings.html)

exl500 05-24-2018 04:06 PM

Next gen rumblings?

Not sure where to post this, but this gives me hope we'll get a 4th gen Fit here. It makes sense given the Fit's packaging too.

https://insideevs.com/hondas-new-186...d-below-20000/

Uncle Gary 05-24-2018 06:14 PM

Wouldn’t the next Fit be a “4th generation”?

kenchan 05-24-2018 07:32 PM

yah, but more like 'no thank you'

exl500 05-24-2018 08:28 PM

Oops, yes 4th. Edited to fix.

Gregg 05-24-2018 09:57 PM

Any word on the expected Fit Hybrid; battery and gas engine?
I heard "maybe" in North America for the 2019 model year.

I would love to get my hands on a Fit Hybrid!

SHAG 05-24-2018 10:23 PM

How much do you think that would raise the price? I would consider also

Originally Posted by Gregg (Post 1401256)
Any word on Fit Hybrid?
I would love to get my hands on a Fit Hybrid!

kenchan 05-25-2018 02:16 PM

wat is the maket like for these mini electric cars? i know Bolt is quite popular in the northern cal area. never liked the Leaf nor prius. rest of americans are going with suv and crossovers right now. why one would want a cheesy looking electric car in non cal regions not sure.

electric cars should be premium like Tesla. sell on the power and gadgetry. let the prius dorks pretend theyre doing something good for the environment.

52club 05-26-2018 11:50 AM

I’m assuming any metro area has a market. I live in the Chicago area and see quite a few Leafs and Bolts.

kenchan 05-26-2018 11:58 AM

yah, most people in the city that have cars (unless rich) park out in the street or at parking structures/lots that dont have charging stations, no? the infrastructure is not setup yet to support the poorer crowd who can only afford these half-arsed electric cars?

not sure, i was just wondering. the market is so tiny. ive not seen an electric car besides the i3 that i thought might be kinda fun to own. but even that, id have to park the thing indoors to charge and im not about to give my garage space just for that thing. rather have fun bicycles WHILE keeping my fun cars.

52club 05-26-2018 12:29 PM

I agree with you, but for some reason people are picking up these cars in my area. A lot of parking lots and new residential and commercial developments include charging stations which I think is one reason I see them around me. Also I think it is people want an electric car (due mostly to hype), and don’t want to wait and/or pay for a Tesla.

Gregg 05-26-2018 04:02 PM

The reason I would like a Fit Hybrid is simple, I'm now retired and rarely drive more than 50 miles in a single day. I own my own house, so having a charging station at my house would be no issue. But I do take road trips once or so each month of a 100 miles or more (to my gun club), and that would require alternate propulsion, thus the gas/electric hybrid.
I was on an Asian business trip late last year just before retiring, and was able to drive a Jazz Hybrid, and I was very impressed with it.
The Honda dealer ship where I took the "test drive" indicated Honda is getting into hybrids, but only has one sedan type car with limited availability in the US for the 2018 model year. They indicated the Fit would likely be next in the US in 2019 or 2020.
Please remember, I'm talking about a hybrid, not an electric car.
The Electric Fit is only a couple thousand more than a standard gas engine Fit. I would expect a Fit Hybrid to be only a thousand or more than the Electric Fit.
Gregg

kenchan 05-26-2018 05:30 PM

hybrid i can understand as you can still drive the car without plugging in. but honda's clarity is a plug-in hybrid? such an odd thing it is. it needs to be plugged in, but can also drive on gas (maybe like Volt?) if you need the extra miles.. or something. not sure.

52club- i think if more places offer charging stations these electric cars can work. given that the power grid can handle so many chargers running at the same time..

Gregg 05-27-2018 12:30 PM

The Clarity is the only Hybrid Honda is offering in the US at this time.
I did test drive one a couple weeks ago, but they are really hard to find, as the number of them coming into the US is very low.
But the Clarity is not the car for me, as it is a sedan, and has limited cargo room.
I need a car with the cargo capacity (volume) of a Fit.

exl500 05-27-2018 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gregg (Post 1401350)
I did test drive one a couple weeks ago, but they are really hard to find, as the number of them coming into the US is very low.
But the Clarity is not the car for me, as it is a sedan, and has limited cargo room.

It's entirely anecdotal, but I'm surprised to have seen several Claritys (Clarities?) here in our little Gulf Coast town.

I'm interested to see what the Insight looks like in person. I can't decide if it's terminally bland or subtly elegant.

kenchan 05-27-2018 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gregg (Post 1401350)

:nod: makes sense. im not a sedan type either.

Farrago 05-28-2018 10:45 AM

These websites might provide some intel over the coming months. Please add any others that are relevant.

https://www.vtec.net/

Honda Worldwide | Fit / Jazz

woof 05-28-2018 12:55 PM

If you want a hybrid go get a Prius. I doubt that Honda will produce anything better than what Toyota has already done. And you certainly wouldn't want to buy a new design Honda hybrid in it's first year of manufacture. If you don't like the price of the Prius then you're certainly not going to like the price of an equivalent Honda.

Gregg 05-28-2018 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by woof (Post 1401426)
If you want a hybrid go get a Prius. I doubt that Honda will produce anything better than what Toyota has already done. And you certainly wouldn't want to buy a new design Honda hybrid in it's first year of manufacture. If you don't like the price of the Prius then you're certainly not going to like the price of an equivalent Honda.

Honda has had a Hybrid FIT on the market in Asia since the 2015 model year.
As I said, I test drove one on my last trip to Asia last Fall.
I've driven the Prius, and its cargo area in just not what I'm looking for.
I have a 2013 Fit i'm looking at replacing (I've owned a 2008, and now own a 2013 and a 2015).
I'm currently driving the 13, and my son is driving the 15.
The 13 has about 140 k-miles at this time, and the 15 has about 90 k-miles.
So now is the time to start looking at the future.
I expect a redesigned FIT for the 2020 model year (gen 4), and if the Hybrid is not available, I'll buy a gas powered fit to replace the 13.

woof 05-28-2018 03:23 PM

If there is a major re-design of the Fit in 2020 then that's NOT the car to buy (at least not in its first year). Didn't anyone learn any lessons from all the problems with the 2015? Yes, I know you're going to point out that a lot of those problems had to do with the new factory in Mexico, but how much confidence do you have that that same production line can handle major changes in assembly which the new Fit would probably require?

Uncle Gary 05-28-2018 09:46 PM

If things stay on schedule, the 4th gen Fit would come out in 2020 as a 2021 model. I base this prediction on absolutely nothing.

Also, as I seem to be on a six year replacement schedule, I’ll be due a new car in ‘21.