Bisimoto Pulse Chamber, 2015+ Honda Fit (GK5 GK Jazz)

Old 07-30-2018, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Helios
I wonder if it has more to do with the fact that it is discharging underneath, versus directed out the rear. I know you always take care of us, but pics will be nice for the sound deadening install.
I was wondering the same thing, and thinking a few more inches (he he...) could help. And of course I will take many pics of the sound deadening effort. I will likely start a separate thread to document.

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Throw a thick moving blanket in the spare tire area to see if that helps? Cheap an easy till you can do the rest of your sound deadening mods.
All supplies to do the sound deadening effort will be here on Tuesday. However, rain is forecast all week here in the DC area, and my garage has been overwhelmed with "bus building supplies". In the meantime, I'll probably just stick with the ear plugs...

Old 07-30-2018, 01:16 PM
I was looking at the pictures again and just had a thought about the rubber hanger insulator you used... or specifically the way it's modified/mounted.
There is almost no de-coupling between the bisi and the car - only a few milimeters of hard rubber is what's separating them.
I can think of this as almost a solid connection once the exhaust moves so the two steel hanger press toward eachother.
This would likely transmit some serious vibrations/resonance through the trunk floor making it louder inside than it should be.

Last edited by vinylengraver; 07-30-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinylengraver
I was looking at the pictures again and just had a thought about the rubber hanger insulator you used... or specifically the way it's modified/mounted.
There is almost no de-coupling between the bisi and the car - only a few milimeters of hard rubber is what's separating them.
I can think of this as almost a solid connection once the exhaust moves and the two steel hanger press toward eachother.
This will definitely transmit some serious vibrations/resonance through the trunk floor making it louder inside than it should be
Great minds... I was thinking the same thing, so on Sunday morning I picked up and installed a different hanger from the local Autozone. I believe it did help a little, but not enough.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
from my subaru days, a popular mod to "tighten things up" came in the form of 95A hardness polyurethane hangers

https://www.oakos.com/KB-011.htm

the side effect of making the car more firm/tight did come at the cost of added nvh. Rick, would you say that above nickson hanger ... is harder than stock? I'm wondering if something more "mushy" or rubbery .... may do it for you, and further insulate and reduce nvh ... like this?

https://www.autozone.com/emission-co...06_754773_5060

(or even better, if you could source some bigger/longer super wimpy oem ones off another car)

Old 07-31-2018, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
from my subaru days, a popular mod to "tighten things up" came in the form of 95A hardness polyurethane hangers

https://www.oakos.com/KB-011.htm

the side effect of making the car more firm/tight did come at the cost of added nvh. Rick, would you say that above nickson hanger ... is harder than stock? I'm wondering if something more "mushy" or rubbery .... may do it for you, and further insulate and reduce nvh ... like this?

https://www.autozone.com/emission-co...06_754773_5060

(or even better, if you could source some bigger/longer super wimpy oem ones off another car)
The Nickson hanger was relatively mushy, and significantly more mushy than the one I had originally installed. It seems like a good fit and I will likely leave it installed. If the weather holds, I may start my noise deadening offensive this afternoon...

Old 07-31-2018, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
I have a few of these sitting around in my garage ..... I will end up using 1 ... and I have a feeling ... 1 of the 3 may end up in Rick's hands ........

(after I pick up an rv6 down pipe, if things get too noisy, I'm ready to combat that with these helmholtz resonators)

Old 08-09-2018, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Just listed the Bisimoto here if anyone's interested...

Old 08-10-2018, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UnFitRick
Just listed the Bisimoto here if anyone's interested...
So just to put a period on the end of my contributions to this thread, I sold my Bisimoto last night to a fellow forum member who will be attempting to retrofit it to his GE8...

For those who come upon this thread at some point on the future, the following is provided:

My Poser Build Thread...

The Sound Deadening Campaign - This is where I go thru dramatic and controversial (?) efforts to reduce the interior sound levels. They were successful but in the end not enough for me to keep the exhaust.

The Dying Vacuum Cleaner Thread - AKA: An Open Letter To Ken - This is where I come to acceptance (5th Stage of Honda Fit Ownership) on the non-viability of the exhaust (for me). I also quote Whitney Houston...

Additionally I go thru my three reasons for going back to the stock exhaust, which were:
1) Interior sound levels were still not as low as I wanted for a daily commuter car.
2) As some voices (Kenchan) repeatedly sought to mercilessly hammer home to me and anyone else who dares to put an aftermarket exhaust on a CVT, it just doesn't sing the same song as with a manual, or even a non-CVT autotragic.
3) Last but not least, I didn't like being that guy.
Just change the lyrics from "fat guy in a little coat" to "slow car with a loud exhaust"...

Alternately replaces the words "fat, drunk, and stupid" with "slow and loud"

Please understand that I do not grieve any Fit owners out there CVT, 6MT, HKS, Bismoto, or otherwise for their choices. As a staunch Liberterian, I firmly believe what you do with your body and your stuff is your business and nobody elses. Ask my opinion and I will seek to speak the truth in love, often thru humor, but not with malice. I also believe that children are our future, and that we should teach them well and let them lead the way...

Old 08-10-2018, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Rick

You give me a sense of pride to make it easier
And I believe we should let the children's laughter, remind us how things used to be

Old 08-10-2018, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Rick

You give me a sense of pride to make it easier
And I believe we should let the children's laughter, remind us how things used to be
Dude, you just had me in tears, that was awesome

Old 08-13-2018, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Rick, if I were in your shoes and I had to start over .... at one point I considered going the muffler delete/custom route. Here is what I envisioned for myself:

Exhaust would have looked something like this:

credits go to usdm/kevin = https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1397979

And I would have added a helmholtz resonator to it, to combat the fart can/raspy sounds

the above 2 items, in theory .... may cost less than a bisimoto (or any other axleback exhausts out there for that matter)

Do you have a link for buying that axle back?...

Thanx in advance!

Old 08-14-2018, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
anyone know the diameter of the bisimoto exhaust? mine's arriving some time soon and wanted to buy a silencer and install it beforehand since people are complaining about the sound levels.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hobbes87
anyone know the diameter of the bisimoto exhaust? mine's arriving some time soon and wanted to buy a silencer and install it beforehand since people are complaining about the sound levels.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1402941

Old 08-14-2018, 03:39 PM
I think it may be tricky to fit a silencer in there... since the outlet is angled downwards...

Old 08-14-2018, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
theres always hammers and dremels

Old 08-17-2018, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
for you GE8 guys looking to rock one of these:

Credits = GolNat:
https://imgur.com/a/aaOB3px

Old 10-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Has anyone weighed the bisi vs the stock axleback? I imagine it has to to be lighter as well.

Old 10-12-2018, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
I did weigh it next to a buddy club titanium exhaust. I used a bathroom scale so .... it wont be accurate

buddy club was about 2.5 lbs
bisimoto was a little under 1 lb heavier

(again, my #s are 100% accurate, as my bathroom scale sucks)

Old 10-12-2018, 02:11 PM
I did weigh it next to a buddy club titanium exhaust. I used a bathroom scale so .... it wont be accurate
buddy club was about 2.5 lbs
bisimoto was a little under 1 lb heavier
(again, my #s are 100% accurate, as my bathroom scale sucks)

Any idea how that compares to the oem axleback?

Old 10-12-2018, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
no clue, i threw the oem axleback away long ago

you could weigh your oem one, and compare to the above #s

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bisimoto Pulse Chamber, 2015+ Honda Fit (GK5 GK Jazz)