3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Rick's 2019 Fit Sport Poser Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by breds2k
Hey Rick where did you get the black/red center caps? I need those! (nevermind i missed the hyper link)( And also how does the wife like the ride lowered? The fit is my wifes but its our day off family travel car, need to make sure it can handle 4 adults and not slam everyone around?

(btw I used those spacers, had them on 2 years now with the conical lug nuts they came with, no issues, retorque at 7500k oil changes)
The wife is only in the car when I am. She is indifferent to the ride and any car that is not her beloved RX350... She has never driven the car, but said it was fine when I asked her about the ride with the lowering springs. I have not yet had four in the car, but with three it was no problem, compliant ride, no bottoming out.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
With my coveted front red H emblem on its way (thanks MattVR), and the sound deadening campaign complete, I will attempt to call my Poser Build complete. There is certainly more I could find to do on the car, but a need to refocus my efforts on building Comfort Eagle.

Here is the updated list of my mods:
1) Window Tint - 20% middle of the road tint, good installer
2) Badging - Removed both "Fit" and "Sport" badges, added *mandatory* front and rear JDM red H emblems
3) Intake - AEM cold air intake, looks cool and sounded cool (until I installed the exhaust, now I can't hear it...)
4) Exhaust - Bisimoto Pulse Chamber exhaust (louder inside the car than it is outside)
5) Horns - Replaced embarrassing stock horns with *authoritative* sport horns
6) Springs - 1.5 inch Eibach lowering springs, nice springs, come with new rear bump stops and dust boots
7) Rear Wheel Spacers - 25mm, no rubbing after trimming wheel well liners
8) Audio Upgrades - Awesome, awesome, easy, easy audio upgrades
9) Sound Deadening - Multi-pronged attack to reduce interior noise
10) Rear Wiper Mod - Also mandatory (and free) because everybody else is horizontal
11) Black Lug Nuts - Nice Gorilla Automotive BALL seat security lug nuts, not free
12) Red H Wheel Center Caps - Because if there is an H on the car, it MUST be red
13) Oil Catch Can - Because all the cool kids were doing it, and it may keep those valves cleaner?

I loved the car when I drove it home from the dealership. And after all these mods... If I wasn't already married, I would marry this car. The Fit really is more than the sum of its parts and mods. As I've argued in another thread, it is not a performance car, but with a few mods, it looks like one, sounds like one, and it makes me feel like I am driving one. And it's not just me, others (albeit uninformed others) think it is a performance car also. I get challenged everyday, every commute, all the time; it's kinda funny. It's a very, very fun car (EVEN WITH A CVT!!!!!)

Old 08-07-2018, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UnFitRick
With my coveted front red H emblem on its way (thanks MattVR), and the sound deadening campaign complete, I will attempt to call my Poser Build complete. There is certainly more I could find to do on the car, but a need to refocus my efforts on building Comfort Eagle.
I read the first couple pages of your Comfort Eagle thread the other day - wow what a story driving it home.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:56 AM
With my coveted front red H emblem on its way (thanks MattVR),
Me "do you want all the badges red"
Wife "no, the front would just look like Rudolph the red nose reindeer!"

so that's a no on the red badges here, lol

Old 08-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Hope you got the one labeled "oil catch can"...
yes sirrrr

Old 08-09-2018, 06:18 PM
How does the stick rear attach?

White with red badges... or badge in this case. Still no gigantic 145x120mm for the front. I also installed my sport horns today; they sound awesome. I am no longer embarrassed to beep my horn.

Hey Rick, can you tell us red wannabes how the stock rear badge is attached, and I suppose more importantly- How does it come off?

I found info on the ge, where you clip the back of the alignment posts off and then pull the badge out, but can’t find any info on the gk. I try to do things so they can be undone if needed, I’d love to keep the stock H as intact as possible, rather than manhandle it off. (I hate manhandling anything in the rear)

Old 08-09-2018, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Im no expert at getting man handled in the rear .... but ... heres a youtube vid I randomly saw the other day:

Old 08-09-2018, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
UNFIT rick
UNFIT parent

any relation?

Old 08-09-2018, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UnFitParent
Hey Rick, can you tell us red wannabes how the stock rear badge is attached, and I suppose more importantly- How does it come off?

I found info on the ge, where you clip the back of the alignment posts off and then pull the badge out, but can’t find any info on the gk. I try to do things so they can be undone if needed, I’d love to keep the stock H as intact as possible, rather than manhandle it off. (I hate manhandling anything in the rear)
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
Im no expert at getting man handled in the rear .... but ... heres a youtube vid I randomly saw the other day
Although the video is not every elegant, that's pretty much it. Not breaking the stock emblem, particularly the tabs would be difficult. Also the new badge is held on with adhesive; IMO there's realistically no going back...
UNFIT rick
UNFIT parent

any relation?
No but UnFitRick is also an unfit parent. My 18yo daughter would certainly agree...

Old 08-17-2018, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
At the risk of continued ridicule by "real car guys" on this forum and the risk of "getting my lunch money taken" here on my local roads in SOMD, I went ahead and installed a set of generic and inexpensive
Rally Armor mud flaps Rally Armor mud flaps
. I haven't gotten to the fronts yet but here are a few pics of the rears on my very dirty car.

I am quite happy with them, and think they look great and not out of place on the car...

Old 08-17-2018, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
looks good, matches your current black/red theme

the local subaru guys should be throwing you peace signs soon.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
looks good, matches your current black/red theme

the local subaru guys should be throwing you peace signs soon.
Sure, as they blow by me...

Old 08-17-2018, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
I actually really like those. Function over form for me. Did you get the universal fit ones?

Old 08-17-2018, 09:41 PM
I consider myself a car guy. Not sure if it's a good thing or not.
But like I said, mud flaps are great, and Rally Armors are even greater.
Two thumbs up from me.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
How much MPG reduction? lol

Old 08-18-2018, 09:34 AM
I bought the same ones a month ago and still figuring out how to install. How did you get yours mounted? I noticed only two pip rivets / screws in the area of the fender liner.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bdcheung
I actually really like those. Function over form for me. Did you get the universal fit ones?
Yes,
the cheapo universal ones. the cheapo universal ones.
Originally Posted by vinylengraver
I consider myself a car guy. Not sure if it's a good thing or not. But like I said, mud flaps are great, and Rally Armors are even greater. Two thumbs up from me.
Careful, many consider me to be a car guy, but the standards here on FFn are obviously higher. Thank you for the thumbs up.
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
How much MPG reduction? lol
Rally Armor quotes a 0.2-0.4mpg reduction per flap, dependent on how far they extend. But much like putting red H's on a Fit, I read that "rally style mud flaps" are good for 3-5hp per set of four, so really it offsets.
Originally Posted by ieandro
I bought the same ones a month ago and still figuring out how to install. How did you get yours mounted? I noticed only two pip rivets / screws in the area of the fender liner.
Yeah, mounting these flaps is really up to your imagination. I used some stainless steel screws and washers, screwed into some spring nuts, along with some VHB tape.

With the addition of the front red H and the late addition of the mud flaps, I am calling the Poser build complete. I also added some yellow LED fog light bulbs... So here are a few glamour shot of the poser mobile in all its red H'd, rally mud flapped glory...

Old 08-18-2018, 11:24 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
those dont look too bad. nicely executed. i think its the lowered ride and your black wheels that blends it all together.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:27 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i mean im still not a fan of mudflaps and splash guards in general though on a street car.

Old 08-18-2018, 01:18 PM
Fantastic build. I’m thinking of doing the same things!

Quick Reply: Rick's 2019 Fit Sport Poser Build