3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Rick's 2019 Fit Sport Poser Build

Old 08-26-2018, 11:54 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i think it looks fine with the factory wheels as they are black. i think next up would be glossy black roof vinyl..

Old 08-26-2018, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Cleanest white 2019 I've seen state side! Not considering after market wheel?
Thank you for the comments. Regarding the wheels, I agree with Ken's opinion below. I like the stock sport wheels, particularly with the black lug nuts (and red H's of course...). Maybe when the factory tires start to get worn I will look into some aftermarket wheels; they will have to be black though.
Originally Posted by kenchan
i think it looks fine with the factory wheels as they are black. i think next up would be glossy black roof vinyl..

Old 08-27-2018, 01:34 PM
Don’t be coy

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
UNFIT rick
UNFIT parent

any relation?
Despite Rick’s protestations, I am in fact his bastard lovechild.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:25 PM
Blox antenna

I have considered one, for me it would have to be an exact match paint wise, and look like it could be OEM . I've also considered a smaller mast antenna. So far I haven't found anything that motivated me... Got a recommendation?

Your Fit looks great, very class mods and a very clean build! I’m happy with the Blox mast... looks good, works good (no difference I can notice, certainly no loss). The bottom is cupped to dock perfectly with the oe base, seems to be well made, definitely superior to the no-name eBay joints. We’ll see how the finish holds up to weather, but it’s easy enough to plastidip or paint if it becomes necessary. Got mine for $13 on eBay, can’t beat that.

Old 08-27-2018, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ i think that blox mast would be damn awesome on your car rick. its elegant, and goes with the theme of your car. and less trouble/cost than a shark fin

I support this Black Roof Vinyl Wrap idea

Originally Posted by UnFitParent

Despite Rick’s protestations, I am in fact his bastard lovechild.

I knew it, I knew it!

Old 08-27-2018, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Rick, I removed my Mugen replica visors. yours for free, just cover shipping or come down to san diego to pick them up

Old 08-28-2018, 06:37 PM
JDM wiper mod...

I don’t know if I missed it, but I can’t do a good search as the terms JDM and mod are too short for search!

Rick, can you give us a quick rundown on any differences between the “original” process and the steps involved in the gk? There’s some pin breaking and rearranging iirc, and I’m just wondering how much of that still applies to our model.

Thanks man!

Old 08-28-2018, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Old 08-28-2018, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
can you give us a quick rundown on any differences between the “original” process and the steps involved in the gk? There’s some pin breaking and rearranging iirc, and I’m just wondering how much of that still applies to our model.
I can answer that. No tab breaking. Just rearranging. You DO NOT need to remove the wiper.

This is what I did:
Remove the hatch trim panel.
Close the hatch and crawl in from the rear side door. Remove the bolts and screws holding the motor to the hatch and the cover on the motor gearing. Pull off the connecting arm from the big white gear and the wiper arm lever. Flip the wiper arm to the upright position. Replace the connecting arm. The pin on the large white gear will go in the hole 180 deg. from where it was.

Reinstall everything in reverse order. Done.

Take 10 minutes eve if you're careful. It will end up in the exact same arc but rest at the top.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
I don’t know if I missed it, but I can’t do a good search as the terms JDM and mod are too short for search!

Rick, can you give us a quick rundown on any differences between the “original” process and the steps involved in the gk? There’s some pin breaking and rearranging iirc, and I’m just wondering how much of that still applies to our model.

Thanks man!
Funny, I didn't know what you were talking about until Dennis replied with the link. It was in the title of your response... duh.
Thanks bro; it is a "value added" mod...
Rick, I removed my Mugen replica visors. yours for free, just cover shipping or come down to san diego to pick them up
Thanks again, but no visors for me.

And FWIW, I finally ordered a generic 3" antenna mast today. For $7 I'll give it a shot...

Old 08-29-2018, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
One negative with the roof wrap on dd is if u get hailed on chances are that vinyl will get ruined when the PDR tech uses his glue puller. not that it’s da end of the world but would require rewrap. just a fyi..

but if i have dumb birds crapping on ur roof, its good protection.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
AND .... the vinyl wont stop the hail.... but its 1 layer of protection! (kinda sorta)

Old 09-01-2018, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
I guess most of us are never really done modifying our cars. In that spirit this morning I installed a set of inexpensive "rear side pillar tail brake lamps". A few pics are below, more pics and info are here.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
looks like a clean rear. i like dat black horizontal trim too (the piece around ur emblem)

Old 09-07-2018, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! I put Rally Armor's on all my vehicles...

Old 09-13-2018, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
Since my disappointing experience with an aftermarket exhaust, I have been looking for a good looking exhaust tip to round out the poser build.
Here Here
is what I chose. Not sure if it is a genuine Akrapovic piece (probably not...) but it looks to be of decent quality.

It says made in Slovenia, but it came from China. It took about three weeks for delivery.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
looks good. i cant remember on my GK, but did you have to cut the pipe coming out of the muffler to install dat? i thought mine had those bathtub spout type exhaust tip..

Old 09-13-2018, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good so far, hopefully it doesn't rust out on you like some of the cheap ebay tips have for others.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
he bought at amazon so he is safe!

LOL

Old 09-13-2018, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
looks good. i cant remember on my GK, but did you have to cut the pipe coming out of the muffler to install dat? i thought mine had those bathtub spout type exhaust tip..
I did not have to cut the pipe. I believe the Sport muffler and pipe is different.
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Looks good so far, hopefully it doesn't rust out on you like some of the cheap ebay tips have for others.
"Looks good so far..." Give it to me baby.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rick's 2019 Fit Sport Poser Build