Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   2016 Honda Fit EX...I really like it.... (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/98569-2016-honda-fit-ex-i-really-like.html)

fitchet 07-13-2018 03:10 PM

2016 Honda Fit EX...I really like it....

Going on 2+ years now of ownership, and it struck me yesterday as I was driving around, how much I do like this Honda Fit.

It's NOT perfect.

IMO, the biggest flaw, is I think the front window pillars are so thick they cause pretty bad blind spots. I've learned to always look around them.
And...I seem to fight a never ending battle with front wiper blade drag and chatter.

But really?
I think the overall product is still great.
Fantastic storage space and configuration, and I really like the roomy "feel" Honda has always been able to create with The Fit.
It's a small vehicle, a sub-compact. But when I sit in it, and drive it, it just doesn't feel or seem small.
In fact when I see other Fits? I sometimes have a hard time believing they are the same vehicle I am driving because looking from the outside? They look so small. Then I realize, that's the same vehicle I'm sitting in....

Then I love all the advantages that naturally come with driving, maneuvering and parking a small vehicle.
It's really a "Little Big Car".

And while YES, I know it's not really powerful, or a sports car, Honda has been able to create a vehicle that IMO just feels faster, sportier than it really is...
It's fun to drive.

Just thought I'd chime in today, with how much I really do like my Honda Fit. Like any vehicle it has flaws, but I still think the overall ownership experience is great.

exl500 07-13-2018 04:34 PM

I'm with you. Love this car very much. Yeah, A pillar, yeah, AC, but so not shit when measured against all the other fantastic things this car is and does. Fanboy? Hell, yes.

GAFIT 07-13-2018 05:19 PM

Fit's of all generations don't compare well to cars of other classes, but they have always been class leading for what they are.

I'm also a fan, but I have to always add that "for what they are" asterisk.

kenchan 07-13-2018 05:51 PM

glad to hear ure enjoying ur GK. :nod:

oiric2006@gmail.com 07-13-2018 06:18 PM

Just to add my 2 cents, not bashing on the CVT owners, My 2015 EX 6 speed has enough speed for daily driving.You don't need a turbo when you got a manual :nod: Going above 65 mph hour in the city is inviting a ticket. Also at Highway speed I have gotten used to the sound the engine makes at 75 mph, as a lot of here know, it's not perfect. I swapped to swift springs and put new set of wheels and tires (205/50/16) with proper offset the fit drives a lot better at least for me d=).

Alfa38 07-13-2018 08:42 PM

Totally agree with the descriptions here, very well said. The 6MT is plenty fast for traffic and a wonderful car for the price. Love my '18 EX that bought last week.

vinylengraver 07-13-2018 08:51 PM

Another '16 EX 6MT owner here.
It is so easy to describe how I feel every single time I drive this car.
It's like I am on vacation.
In southern Europe.
Or some place exotic.
This car has a certain "rental car" quality. Something you would rent to travel through all kinds of awesome places for the first time ever.
Dependable, practical, simple and fun.
So you can focus on all the views and experiences, because driving this feels like second nature and nothing about it is difficult or stressful.
Brilliant little car this is.

wasserball 07-13-2018 09:24 PM

I like my 2017 LX CVT so much that I take it out for a drive just to kill time. It is functional and practical. It is a great utility car that requires no modifications. I paid $800 so I can enjoy the scenery when I am driving instead of shifting gears. I'm happy to keep it stock except replacing the headlights with Sylvania Silverstar ultra. My only gripe is the cheap material that is used in the interior.

dilton 07-13-2018 10:20 PM

ive had my 2016 ex-l 6 speed for 2 weeks now. absolutely love this machine. best part: 5.5L/100km with the AC on max. the stereo is pretty garbage but i'm hoping to look after that at a later time

wasserball 07-14-2018 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by dilton (Post 1405708)
ive had my 2016 ex-l 6 speed for 2 weeks now. absolutely love this machine. best part: 5.5L/100km with the AC on max. the stereo is pretty garbage but i'm hoping to look after that at a later time

That's good, 42.8 miles/gallon. The Honda average mpg is optimistic by about 2 mpg or .25L/100km.

evilchargerfan 07-16-2018 02:26 PM

on the topic of windshield wipers ... has anyone found a fancy way, to get the damn front blades from dragging against the wind?

Uncle Gary 07-23-2018 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by vinylengraver (Post 1405698)
Another '16 EX 6MT owner here.
It is so easy to describe how I feel every single time I drive this car.
It's like I am on vacation.
In southern Europe.
Or some place exotic.
This car has a certain "rental car" quality. Something you would rent to travel through all kinds of awesome places for the first time ever.
Dependable, practical, simple and fun.
So you can focus on all the views and experiences, because driving this feels like second nature and nothing about it is difficult or stressful.
Brilliant little car this is.

It’s interesting that you say this. I have exactly the same feeling when I drive mine.

KarlaJ 06-27-2021 01:47 PM

Honda with teardrop

I found your thread very helpful and maybe will save me thousands by not buying a new car!

I am buying a teardrop camper that weighs 1135 lb with tongue weight of 99 lbs. I have been getting mixed messages about towing with my Honda Fit.

My Honda Fit is 2013 year model. It's an automatic transmission. It currently has 50,000 miles and no mechanical problems whatsoever. Runs great. The trailer I'm getting has electric brakes. I'm also gonna install a transmission cooler for about $300 as a precaution and of course a tow package with 7 pin and brake controller.
Is all this gonna work? Is there anything else I can do to make a safer ride. Backup camera just to see behind me while traveling? I've attached a pic of my camper too.

Please..I need tips. Is this a safe setup?

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...52d9e8042f.png
My camper

​​​​
​​​​​​

MyooLah 07-12-2021 01:30 PM

I don't know much about towing, but because my '16 EX also acts as a cargo van for me, sometimes, I was wondering if anyone has added helper airbags to the rear springs? This is my daily driver, and I'm not going to throw on a full air suspension for my needs. Depending on how trailer impacts your Fit staying level, you might consider helper air bags in the rear springs. You can have the valve run to the gas filler area and just keep it at a pressure that's comfortable and helpful. Just a thought.

hasdrubal 07-12-2021 02:04 PM

Look up Bassguitarist1985's posts, he does some towing and a lot of tinkering.

wasserball 07-14-2021 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by wasserball (Post 1405788)
That's good, 42.8 miles/gallon. The Honda average mpg is optimistic by about 2 mpg or .25L/100km.

I just came back from an overnight car camp to shoot the milky way in west Texas. Not my best milky way shot, but I was there. 887 miles 45.1 mpg (Honda indicator)

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...72b80ecc73.jpg

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...e132845df8.jpg

Mister Coffee 07-15-2021 11:54 AM

@wasserball Really nice, wasser. :)

exl500 07-15-2021 08:32 PM

Wow! We'll be in West Texas for a few days. Hope we get to see this!

Limmie 08-28-2021 10:21 AM

I transitioned directly from an '81 Corolla wagon to a 2016 Fit. With the disappearance of almost all wagon models the Fit was the closest I could find for a replacement matching Toyota's reliability, fuel efficiency (my wagon still gets 35 mpg highway), and the wagon storage. Major drawbacks to pretty much all modern cars are poor visibility and the invisible front of the car. To add all the airbags they have to make all the pillars very plump. With my Fit there's been a few close calls with pedestrians standing directly in line with those pillars at street corners. The backup camera is nice but when it or the video displays fails (yes, "when") I suspect it will be horribly expensive to replace. I don't see this car lasting anywhere near as long as my last one.

One thing I do like about the 2016 Fit was my main reason for buying it and the CVT version, and that's the mileage. Since I am used to driving an '81 Corolla with a speedometer that only goes up to 85 mph I am not a lead foot, nor do I need to go over the speed limit. We did one 600 mile round-trip recently where on one leg I was getting 57 mpg and the overall average for the entire trip was about 52 mpg.

Mister Coffee 08-28-2021 01:08 PM

The Fit has more blind spots than Stevie Wonder. You don't need a backup camera. You need a sherpa to walk in front of you and guide the way.

I'll forgive you for buying a CVT instead of an MT, but let's forget about mpg and talk about driving the car. Did you flog the snot out of it yet? :D