3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

aFe Takeda Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Ryu, if the hole at the back is just a hole, I would be covering it with duct tape or something to keep the hot air out. And if you have a decently priced dyno around, I think the community here should chip in to get before and after results- I'd be in for $20-30 for sure.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
Hairymonkey019 sure as hell did that ... he cut a hole in the bottom of his stock air box

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...duct-10-a.html
Haha that's more than just a hole.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
Ryu, if the hole at the back is just a hole, I would be covering it with duct tape or something to keep the hot air out. And if you have a decently priced dyno around, I think the community here should chip in to get before and after results- I'd be in for $20-30 for sure.
sure thing

Old 07-27-2018, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
takeda put in the hole for a reason. wouldnt blocking it off, defeat their design?

at that point, there is little seperating the takeda vs the oem air box

Old 08-08-2018, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator
not shipping until end of september now.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:44 PM
Hi all, seems the best way of starting life as a newb user is by an old thread resurrection Has anyone got around to fitting one of these, and even better... dyno testing?

If not, I have just bought myself a 3rd gen Honda Jazz RS as a runabout and will probably get one of these for it. If no one else has the data, I might do a before and after dyno run with no other changes and see what happens.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:14 AM
The hole I’m assuming was kept to help stop your engine from hydrolocking, I completely cut up my airbox, love my set up but don’t have any direct connection of ductwork to my air intake, I instead drilled holes in the grill on that side and focused on proper heat shielding ( and so far the transmission has blocked heavy amounts of water from getting sucked in But Arizona Rain isn’t the best test for water damage)

Old 03-26-2023, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member
Any Updates from the Takeda Intake? Is it good?

Old 04-17-2023, 10:22 PM
I just installed this Takeda intake today. My "butt dyno" notices no difference, but there is a slight noise increase under heavy throttle. I'll be posting a video comparison shortly.

Old 04-18-2023, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
plz video

Old 04-18-2023, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by notdave
I just installed this Takeda intake today. My "butt dyno" notices no difference, but there is a slight noise increase under heavy throttle. I'll be posting a video comparison shortly.

Old 04-19-2023, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by Azuki
I see my fellow Fitters lack patience! I will likely upload it tomorrow 😀

Old 04-21-2023, 02:42 AM
Old 04-21-2023, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you... Perfekt!

Old 09-02-2023, 04:37 PM
hello. I installed this thing yesterday and now I have a check engine light. What’s going on?

Old 09-02-2023, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Wht_GK5_Tx
hello. I installed this thing yesterday and now I have a check engine light. What’s going on?
That's unfortunate! I'm not an expert but check your MAF sensor.

Make sure it's:
-Fully plugged in
-Pointing in the correct direction (should be marked with an airflow arrow)
-Not dirty. You can try MAF cleaner from a parts store if you think it might've gotten dirty or oily for some reason.
-Not broken.

Also there's just a chance of these things happening when we mess with our cars. The computer expects the factory intake system to be there, but it does adapt to some degree. It might go away after driving for a while but do that at your own risk, in case the car behaves strangely or goes into limp mode.

Old 09-02-2023, 06:33 PM
That's unfortunate! I'm not an expert but check your MAF sensor.

Make sure it's:
-Fully plugged in
-Pointing in the correct direction (should be marked with an airflow arrow)
-Not dirty. You can try MAF cleaner from a parts store if you think it might've gotten dirty or oily for some reason.
-Not broken.

Also there's just a chance of these things happening when we mess with our cars. The computer expects the factory intake system to be there, but it does adapt to some degree. It might go away after driving for a while but do that at your own risk, in case the car behaves strangely or goes into limp mode.
thanks for your reply.

I did put my dirty fingers inside the cone while installing so maybe some of that got on to the maf sensor. I’m going to check on it tomorrow. Thanks man.

Update 9-4-23: this cleared up on its own. Turned the car on this morning, light was gone. Ran it at FOT for about 15 minutes (didn’t want to be late to work), still no issues. And yes the car does feel more peppy in the low rpm, not so much in the sound dept but, this was a good mod.

Last edited by Wht_GK5_Tx; 09-04-2023 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-05-2023, 12:51 PM

Update 9-4-23: this cleared up on its own. Turned the car on this morning, light was gone. Ran it at FOT for about 15 minutes (didn’t want to be late to work), still no issues. And yes the car does feel more peppy in the low rpm, not so much in the sound dept but, this was a good mod.
The noise is definitely less than I expected compared to older B/K series motors with an intake, but this isn't exactly a performance motor. Still, it adds a bit to the driving experience.

Glad to hear your CEL went away and you're enjoying it 👍

Old 09-05-2023, 02:27 PM
The noise is definitely less than I expected compared to older B/K series motors with an intake, but this isn't exactly a performance motor. Still, it adds a bit to the driving experience.

Glad to hear your CEL went away and you're enjoying it 👍
I was low key thinking “I did not mess this thing up” No way. Also, I was thinking about blocking that vent/hole to the silencer bit and cutting a few slots in the grill to get more air in that scoop that the sport comes with.

Old 09-08-2023, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
I was low key thinking “I did not mess this thing up” No way. Also, I was thinking about blocking that vent/hole to the silencer bit and cutting a few slots in the grill to get more air in that scoop that the sport comes with.

Don't have to drill it.... you can remove the part of the grill that covers it up.... and modify the ram box behind the grill

So it will look like mine

Quick Reply: aFe Takeda Intake