Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

TRS LED Headlight Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
I reached out to Austin @ TRS if there is any relation to the Coplus and here is his exact reply :
"We have used their lights and build off of their models. For instance we will take a light shell they have and rebuild it with better components than what is normally in there!"

Old 08-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Their usual canned response. Dont be fooled. Still a good deal for coplus headlight.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:23 AM
I wasn't inferring that the quality is sub-par. TRS has a good reputation. We also live in a global economy -- not everything made overseas is junk. You get what you pay for. Coplus has multiple industry certifications for quality systems that makes them look like a genuinely solid manufacturer. To me, it doesn't matter where it is made as long as design and quality control are solid. I work in injection molding, so I just know the costs of injection molds, and they are a big investment. Just the headlight lens molds are probably in the range of $60,000, even being built in China. There's cheaper options if prototype tooling is used, but I think there is no way TRS would recoup that investment, but perhaps overseas there is a lot bigger market and Coplus took it. TRS "retrofitting" these housings with additional higher end components and making them viable for LHD markets is totally a viable business idea. I'm not hating on them saying they're just importing and reselling. I'll definitely be purchasing these at some point in the near future. Once I have them, I will be able to tell you how solid the molded parts are. From the coplus website they use UV resistant polycarbonate for the lense, which is really important. If you skimp on the materials, you end up with fogging and deteriorated lenses very quickly.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
as Helios and Ryu already covered .... no one ever said TRS lacked quality in any way/shape/form.

all that was stated was .... the TRS light is pretty much an exact copy of the Coplus (which is a GOOD thing, because you're getting a warranty, and there's no crazy overseas shipping fees, and its less expensive)

Old 08-17-2018, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
So did anyone got shipping on these yet? I preordered these July 4th and still waiting to see these on my car.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:13 PM
When I ordered last week they said 8/20-8/22 should arrive at TRS and then ship out to me.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Helios
When I ordered last week they said 8/20-8/22 should arrive at TRS and then ship out to me.

i just called them to check check on my order since I placed it July 4th and was told that the lights won’t get in until end of september or October. That’s a pretty long wait on these.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:18 PM
Just talked to them as well. Now saying mid October. I asked about getting a refund and leaving a deposit and they said not an option. Must be nice to get customers to prepay for your production costs!

Old 08-22-2018, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Helios
Just talked to them as well. Now saying mid October. I asked about getting a refund and leaving a deposit and they said not an option. Must be nice to get customers to prepay for your production costs!
They took a lesson from Tesla.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:22 PM
Well damn, there goes my next SSA check. I do a lot of pre-dawn and twilight driving on non- street lamp roads and rural expressways, between the head lights (which are coooolll) and the fog lights, I think these should solve my visibility issues.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Exciting news I just got a email with tracking number so it looks like I will be seeing these next week. Three months of waiting and I almost cancelled a few times since they kept pushing the delivery dates back. Will update on the photo when I get it installed.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome! I would love to see the beam pattern against a wall.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:25 PM

Pics after unboxing. Harness quality looks good. Clarity of lenses is perfect. I won’t be installing until this weekend or next. I’m excited.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
COPLUS! 110% confirmed!

Old 10-01-2018, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Looks nice! Looking forward to your install pics.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:35 PM
I took one of the lamps out to the car and plugged up the adapter harness.

The H4 connector on vehicle harness side plugs in to an adaptor that splits off into two connectors on the headlamp harness. Connectors are nice and have water tight seals.

The DRL plug on car harness side isn’t used. You use the harness they sent to connect and run between both headlights and to the fuse box. It plugs into 30. Remove the 10A fuse that is there and replace with the plug with the kit. Fuse box lid will need modified to fully close.

The last connector is for the turn signals. It just plugs in.

You can only tell so much looking at a headlight lit up at 6pm pointing at your good, but in my opinion they look freakin sick and I can’t wait to install.

edit: after actual install I corrected my wiring walkthrough.

Last edited by Helios; 10-05-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone purchased the Morimoto H4 LED replacement bulbs for the Fit's original reflector housing from Retrofit Source or from anywhere? Retrofit Source's compatibility specs on the linked page say "DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS: 4V-9V non-pulsed." I believe the 3rd generation Fit has DRL's at about 5 or 6 volts. I tried measuring them but got different results with different voltmeters. I forgot exactly. I think the Fit's DRL's are pulsed though - PWM, pulse-width modulation. And I think you therefore need an oscilloscope to measure the average voltage.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
I got my delivery yesturday and did the install in 1 1/2 hours. I'll give you my thoughts on them later but here are a photo of it installed.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
They do look good. Waiting for your review of the performance.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Just aligned the right to left adjustment if you see my second photo the beam is a little too close. I measured the center of the left headlight to right headlight to be 42in apart and made the adjustment 25feet away so now the beam is more spread out. On the stock headlights you cant make right to left adjustment only up and down. Overall I love the headlights, the build quality and material used is close to OEM. The light output compared to stock is much brighter and maybe close to a 35w hid kit with a define cutout pattern. I would highly recommend getting these if you plan to upgrade from stock and have the extra funds. The install was very easy, all plug and play no cutting.

There are only a few things I would like to change or maybe I dont know how to yet. The DRL stays on for 5 mins after you turn off the car I think that's a little too long 2 min is enough specially with our small car battery. I also thought we have a option to make the turn signal lights to blink on and off or sequential but I didn't see how to make the change in the instructions. It came with sequential I do like them this way but would like the option to since this was mentioned they could do both. Now to wait for Helios thoughts on his headlights once installed.

Last edited by payluder; 10-05-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply: TRS LED Headlight Assembly