Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   47k miles later and I'm still in love... (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/99379-47k-miles-later-im-still-love.html)

knope 11-13-2018 02:33 PM

102K miles later and I'm still in love...

This 2017 Honda Fit has been the easiest, most reliable piece of my existence. I have 0 complaints.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...125b1e5c7e.jpg

evilchargerfan 11-13-2018 02:41 PM

i was expecting goku's hair to turn yellow as you hit vtec

*chuckle*

wasserball 11-13-2018 05:23 PM

Twin brother here, with CVT. All it wants is a little unbranded gas and an oil change once in a while.https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...00bdaa265e.jpg

exl500 11-13-2018 05:59 PM

Completely agree. After 34,000 miles the car has put its best foot forward every time.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...ffc7ad3cc.jpeg
We love it.

ROTTBOY 11-13-2018 07:17 PM

Have got only 35k on our GK. It's been reliable so far since I have a company car to drive South across the border to our HO most of the time.
Will wait till it reaches 135k to see if this Mexican baby can be as dependable as my previous '07 GD!!!
For now, am certainly enjoying the vastly improved mpg.
Gotta do springs (RS-R or Eibachs) to alleviate the bounciness. My project for 2019!!!
Shifting the 6-speed and experiencing the DOHC VTEC in action is a continual joy for my household.

wasserball 11-15-2018 04:01 PM

I didn't want to start a new thread over this. Must be a joke to get me into the dealer to buy a new car. An email from my Honda Fit purchasing dealer. When I saw "Vehicle Exchange Program", I was thinking maybe the dealer wants me to drive another Honda for a week free of charge, NOT :)

You've been selected to take part in our Vehicle Exchange Program! Our records indicate that your 2017 HONDA FIT is in high demand and Classic Honda Galveston would like the opportunity to either purchase or trade your FIT above the current book value.

Based on your estimated equity position and our “Customer Only” discounts, along with factory incentives at an all-time high, you may be able to upgrade to a brand new model for less money than any other time this year. Many times you can trade your vehicle with no money down and possibly lower your monthly payment! Even if your car is paid off, we also have great incentives for cash buyers!

2Rismo2 11-15-2018 04:23 PM

That's just a marketing scheme. I've received that a few times with my Fit and my 4Runner a few years after ownership.

kenchan 11-15-2018 07:07 PM

i get those all the time since i buy new cars almost every year. its BS as wasserball noted. toss it out.

knope 12-03-2018 10:30 AM

Those buy back programs are just a way to milk a few more dollars out of you. You'll end up with i higher monthly payment (if on loan) in an almost identical car.

The thing that really pushes me over the edge is the insistant calls from scammers who tell you "your factory warenty is about to expire, act now or else", cretons.

fitchet 12-05-2018 09:20 AM

No complaints?
I like my 2016 Honda Fit, I liked my 2010....hey...I like Honda Fits....

But I've never owned ANY vehicle that didn't have a few flaws.

I'm not going to rehash here. But you should check out the "Things you don't like about your Fit" thread. Then do some soul searching and see if Love isn't blind.

I really like my Fit...but no vehicle I've ever owned has been an absolute...no complaints situation.

exl500 12-05-2018 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by fitchet (Post 1418673)
No complaints?
I like my 2016 Honda Fit, I liked my 2010....hey...I like Honda Fits....

But I've never owned ANY vehicle that didn't have a few flaws.

I'm not going to rehash here. But you should check out the "Things you don't like about your Fit" thread. Then do some soul searching and see if Love isn't blind.

I really like my Fit...but no vehicle I've ever owned has been an absolute...no complaints situation.

I don't think recognizing a few flaws is inconsistent with loving my Fit. I have more than a few flaws, and my partner loves me ;-)

fibrepunk 12-23-2018 03:10 AM

61k miles on my 2015 Fit and I am done with Honda. Next car will be a Tesla.

woof 12-23-2018 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by fibrepunk (Post 1420018)
61k miles on my 2015 Fit and I am done with Honda. Next car will be a Tesla.

ROFL. From the frying pan into the fire ....

fibrepunk 12-23-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by woof (Post 1420026)
ROFL. From the frying pan into the fire ....

oh? how is the tesla worst than gk fit?

woof 12-23-2018 03:31 PM

Watch the videos on YouTube. Do a search on "Tesla problems". Tesla is desperate to make their out the door numbers so they're slapping them together and pushing them out. Some of these are really interesting. Generally the owners still really love their cars in spite of the crap they have to put up with. My most recent favorite is:

Tesla: The real cost of being out of warranty

evilchargerfan 12-23-2018 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by fibrepunk (Post 1420018)
i am done with honda.

bye felicia

knope 07-22-2020 08:58 AM

102k miles .. The only complaints i have are:
* The seat material on long drives leads to considerable back sweat.
* the paint on the front of the car could be thicker- chipping and road age starting to show.

On the plus side:
* The only real maintenance has been oil, filters, and plugs (not because it was needed, but because it seemed like the nice thing to do for it).
* It still goes happily into vtec and beyond.

Took it to the dealer the other day for a once-over, and they gave it a clean bill of health. No valve adjustment, valve cleaning, or fuel injector cleaning needed.

ignore the rain noise, it was heavy today, 3rd gear merging acceleration:

hans471 07-28-2020 12:23 AM

Hitting 50k on our 2015. Its our "around town" drive as for any long distance we use our 3rd Gen. Acura RDX. Those two vehicles make the perfect combination for us. Our Fit gets 30-35 MPG around town and 40+ on the highway. The RDX can't come close to that of course.
I have been doing work on the '15 Fit lately. At 48K I finally broke down and replaced the original tires. They still had a few miles in them but were getting pretty bad on wet roads. The new Yokohama's (AVID Ascend GT) solved the wet road traction issue of the factory Firestone's and made the car handle better.
This past weekend I pulled the "Push to Start" switch and cleaned it as the key system warning light was starting to come on. That job turned out to be much easier than I expected. (but disclaimer here: I am a professional car guy). I think I could do that job in an hour, give or take. Then today I did the CVT transmission oil change, another simple straight forward job.
So, five+ years on this car and about 50k miles and she has given us very great service. One set of brake pads, clean a switch, a set of tires, new wiper blades every year or two. Yes, we still have the factory battery and it still tests as being very good. I have to say I can not expect any more than this from a car.
This is our second Fit. We had the original 2007 which we ran for eight years and well over 100k without any more than standard maintenance. It still had the original drive belt on the engine when we sold it as it was still in great shape. This 2015 is going strong and I am sure has many thousands of miles to go in its life. Have to love this car!