Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit I.C.E. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-i-c-e/)
-   -   Aftermarket Head Unit Help (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-i-c-e/99516-aftermarket-head-unit-help.html)

naps1saps 12-02-2018 05:36 AM

Aftermarket Head Unit Help

I'm getting really sick of my stock head unit on my '15 Fit.
I noticed there is a converter to keep the backup+lane watch cameras called Axxess HDCC-02 which I assume applies the reverse trigger and switches to lanewatch camera when the lane watch button is pressed.
I also noticed an android head unit from Phoenix connects to the CANBUS and supports both cameras but says it only supports Honda 2016+

What is the cheapest option available to me to get steering controls + lane watch + android head unit. Do any of them have APT-X support?
I honestly really really really want APT-X support + full android but it's kind of hard to search for. Has anyone seen something that fits?

naps1saps 12-02-2018 05:47 AM

Then I find this ATOTO A6

Is it any good?

Action Jackson 12-02-2018 01:31 PM

You'll need the Axxess HDCC-2 camera adapters to use your cameras with the aftermarket head unit.

You'll need the Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel adapter.

I have posted a thread about this and the PAC RP4-HD11 steering wheel interface.

naps1saps 12-02-2018 04:02 PM

So I'm a bit confused with the PAC RP4-HD11. For $99 what else does it do other than steering wheel controls? Do you use it instead of the ASWC-1?

naps1saps 01-08-2019 11:20 PM

Ok I figured out why the ASWC-1 does not work with the HDCC-02 and did get it to work. Honestly it's why the HDCC-02 is not listed as compatible with the Fit.
The harness on the HDCC-02 feeds can-bus data to the ASWC-1. Problem is that the car does not use can-bus for the steering wheel controls -__-
Do not connect the ASWC-1 to the HDCC-02 harness. Instead, use the harness it came with or modify the HDCC-02 harness by adding a wire here and splice there and follow the ASWC-1 install directions from their website + the 7" instructions on page 4 if you have that trim level like I do.

You may want to buy a T connector for the main plug so you can splice the two wires but it was not worth it to me.

I'm making a video and will post it in a month or so when my USB adapters get here from China.

Bassguitarist1985 01-09-2019 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by naps1saps (Post 1420946)
Ok I figured out why the ASWC-1 does not work with the HDCC-02 and did get it to work. Honestly it's why the HDCC-02 is not listed as compatible with the Fit.
The harness on the HDCC-02 feeds can-bus data to the ASWC-1. Problem is that the car does not use can-bus for the steering wheel controls -__-
Do not connect the ASWC-1 to the HDCC-02 harness. Instead, use the harness it came with or modify the HDCC-02 harness by adding a wire here and splice there and follow the ASWC-1 install directions from their website + the 7" instructions on page 4 if you have that trim level like I do.

You may want to buy a T connector for the main plug so you can splice the two wires but it was not worth it to me.

I'm making a video and will post it in a month or so when my USB adapters get here from China.

Interesting, looking forward to the video!

naps1saps 01-09-2019 07:52 PM

There's a big bummer though. The phone button cluster (pickup, hangup, ptt) don't work with the head unit I have so I don't know if it's sending the signals. The module responds to the buttons though so it's hooked up right. I'm looking into programming an arduino or seeing if direct connect works but will most likely need the arduino since there are two sets of controls.

If I was smarter I would tie in the can-bus. I think the 2 menu buttons might run on can-bus.

bargainguy 01-10-2019 12:08 AM

I miss the days of non-integrated head units and steering wheel controls. My GD head unit was a breeze to replace compared to my GK as far as being able to fully integrate without lots of $$ accessories.

naps1saps 01-10-2019 01:44 AM

So it turns out you can hook the head unit straight up to the signal wires on this model ( Atoto A6 has button configuration) The bluetooth buttons on the other hand it doesn't recognize. They must be out of range or not resistive. I'd have to use an arduino for my case but others can use the ASWC-1 for a name brand head unit to get both clusters working. The menu buttons I believe are can-bus but I can't confirm that.

It sucks that everything is so peiced together and not consistent at all.

alex743 05-15-2020 10:08 PM

Could you by any chance tell me the name for the power harness A(1-24) you used for Your 2018 honda jazz as i have been looking for it but cant find it anywhere for my honda accord ex-l radio navigation pls and thank you

functusian 04-16-2023 06:17 PM

Atoto/ASWC issue

I have a MT 2013 Fit Sport with no nav and only Vol, Channel, and Mode buttons. I just installed an Atoto S8 and an ASWC-1 (actually an ASXWC, the new version). I soldered into the correct lines in the car's harness, updated and chose Visteon in the settings, but can only get four of the 5 buttons to program. The Channel up button wont program for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

Zachfersure 03-03-2024 11:24 PM

Trying to get rid of the Fisheye view on my 2016 Fit. Is there any pin diagram to see where the B5 and B18 would be on the 2016 pins?