Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   A Plug for MetLife Insurance (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/99696-plug-metlife-insurance.html)

SilverEX15 01-02-2019 09:07 AM

A Plug for MetLife Insurance

Years ago, I signed with MetLife for house and car insurance through my job. It was one of my better decisions. Their rates are always lower when I do comparisons. Our sailboat had it's sails destroyed in bad weather, and they replaced them. A hurricane dropped a tree on our roof and destroyed it, and they paid for the replacement.

Last month, my son's Fit was totaled, and they were a pleasure to deal with. They were always polite and sympathetic on the phone, and they kept me informed about what was going on. We got about $10,500 for a 2015 Fit with 90,000 miles. We've been waiting about a month for a new Fit. The local dealer said he'd have one in "a week or less." Fortunately, he gave my son a 2019 Civic as a loaner.

Looking online, you'll see dealers that claim to have several Fits in stock. They don't. I don't know how they can get away with listing cars that don't exist. I did an online Chat with several, and all they want is to get me inside the showroom.

LLLC1393 01-02-2019 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by SilverEX15 (Post 1420529)
Years ago, I signed with MetLife for house and car insurance through my job. It was one of my better decisions. Their rates are always lower when I do comparisons. Our sailboat had it's sails destroyed in bad weather, and they replaced them. A hurricane dropped a tree on our roof and destroyed it, and they paid for the replacement.

Last month, my son's Fit was totaled, and they were a pleasure to deal with. They were always polite and sympathetic on the phone, and they kept me informed about what was going on. We got about $10,500 for a 2015 Fit with 90,000 miles. We've been waiting about a month for a new Fit. The local dealer said he'd have one in "a week or less." Fortunately, he gave my son a 2019 Civic as a loaner.

Looking online, you'll see dealers that claim to have several Fits in stock. They don't. I don't know how they can get away with listing cars that don't exist. I did an online Chat with several, and all they want is to get me inside the showroom.

I keep getting calls and emails from my local dealer where I've purchased a 2010 Fit Sport and a 2015 Fit EXL. They keep telling me how: A. my current car is in demand on the used market and they would like to get it in trade B. I can get into a new Fit for the same or lower payment, and C. I should call them to schedule an appointment. The latest one said "we see that you have an appointment for service coming up..." they would like me to trade in my 2010 and keep the same or lower payment there. I haven't had a payment on that car for 3 years. As you pointed out in another thread, the add-ons that we get for our cars really change the financial implications of trading out prematurely. My 2015 bugs me at times, and I'd love to replace it, but will press on with my current loan. I have a mere 23K miles on the car, having purchased it new 9/15.

wasserball 01-02-2019 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by SilverEX15 (Post 1420529)

You have been blessed! The guy upstairs has been watching over you. Contrary, I have never collected a penny from my HO or car insurances. I like to keep it that way.

evilchargerfan 01-02-2019 03:00 PM

a rare happy review for ins company, I wish I had your experience

maybe I should switch to Metlife, lol

GolNat 01-02-2019 03:41 PM

AllState was great to me.

I was not at fault either so maybe it would have been different if the tables were turned. Everyone is nice when they are not paying!