Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-diy-repair-maintenance-sub-forum/)
-   -   Will Rhino Ramp work with 2018 Honda Fit Sport? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-diy-repair-maintenance-sub-forum/100993-will-rhino-ramp-work-2018-honda-fit-sport.html)

Patrick Carnahan 07-11-2019 04:26 PM

Will Rhino Ramp work with 2018 Honda Fit Sport?

I am getting ready to do a first oil change on my 2018 Honda Fit Sport.

I was thinking about buying a set of the Rhino Gear Ramps (#11909). They have a specified 17 degree incline which is slightly greater than the 15.7 degree maximum that I calculated. It could be that the short incline distance of these ramps avoids any problem.

I'd like to know if anyone has had good luck with these.

I did see the owner of an older Fit note that he used a piece of wood to protect the bumper from contacting the ramp.

I am also not sure if the clearance is any lower on the Sport trim level.

wasserball 07-11-2019 06:54 PM

If you leave the undercover off (no negative comment please), you can reach the drain plug and the oil filter without a ramp. It takes me about 15 minutes to change the oil/filter. Release the oil filler cap will help draining the oil faster.

fujisawa 07-11-2019 07:01 PM

My GE conflicts with the rhino ramp a little bit. Having had other low slung cars this does not bother me and i highly recommend them. If you shim them with a thin piece of wood you can make them work no problem.

woof 07-11-2019 08:46 PM

I use the rhino ramps for my oil changes. I was bothered by the clearance on my 2018 and used a piece of wood to improve it. The car is just a little bit too low as is.

2Rismo2 07-11-2019 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Patrick Carnahan (Post 1432088)
I am getting ready to do a first oil change on my 2018 Honda Fit Sport.

I was thinking about buying a set of the Rhino Gear Ramps (#11909). They have a specified 17 degree incline which is slightly greater than the 15.7 degree maximum that I calculated. It could be that the short incline distance of these ramps avoids any problem.

I'd like to know if anyone has had good luck with these.

I did see the owner of an older Fit note that he used a piece of wood to protect the bumper from contacting the ramp.

I am also not sure if the clearance is any lower on the Sport trim level.

I have a harbor freight plastic ramps and they work fine with my 2015. If you need some additional clearance just take some short 2x4s to drive up on before getting to the ramps.

I've never tried changing the oil without it on ramps. My oil pan is pretty tall so don't think it'd fit under the car at all lol. I think it holds something like 16 qts haha

silverrose12 07-13-2019 02:24 PM

so using ramps can work? the only thing i am concerned is that if you have ramps, the car is slanted.... wouldn't this cause engine oil not to fully get drained?

woof 07-13-2019 03:43 PM

If you lift the front wheels up the car is slanted in the right direction because the drain plug is towards the back of the block and lifting the front up sends the oil rushing towards that drain plug at the back. Keep that in mind when you position the drain pan you're using the oil won't be falling straight down - it will initially shoot out horizontally several inches or more towards the back of the car. You'll see :)

silverrose12 07-15-2019 08:56 AM

ohh i seee ...
but i saw some reviews that rhino ramps breaks easily...

fujisawa 07-15-2019 10:14 AM

Not with a 2700lb car it won't.

I mean maybe if you are foolish and leave them in the sun. Know your materials limitations, plastic doesn't like UV or temp extremes. I keep mine indoors for that reason.

Complain if you like but metal ramps have their own downsides, cost and weight mostly.

silverrose12 07-15-2019 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by fujisawa (Post 1432359)

I mean maybe if you are foolish and leave them in the sun. Know your materials limitations, plastic doesn't like UV or temp extremes. I keep mine indoors for that reason.

Complain if you like but metal ramps have their own downsides, cost and weight mostly.

yes, cost and weight disadvantage is why i was looking at rhino ramps. now that i know having only front of vehicle will still allow engine oil to full drain, i will proabaly get one soon.

2Rismo2 07-15-2019 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by fujisawa (Post 1432359)

Metal ramps have also bent so they're not perfect.

evilchargerfan 07-15-2019 04:42 PM

these are cheap, and lowered car friendly

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...75366e545a.jpg

fujisawa 07-15-2019 08:29 PM

2ris, great point. Dad bent one once.
Evilc, cool find. 2.5in doesn't gain you a ton of extra room to work though! Wonder if they are meant for people who need extra clearance to get a jack under.

GolNat 07-15-2019 08:57 PM

DIY some ramps.

Mine look like these:

http://theselfsufficientliving.com/w...ur-Vehicle.jpg

2Rismo2 07-15-2019 09:01 PM

I've used my plastic harbor freight ramps on my 2004 4Runner. The Fit shouldn't be any problem...

silverrose12 07-16-2019 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 (Post 1432413)
I've used my plastic harbor freight ramps on my 2004 4Runner. The Fit shouldn't be any problem...

i was actually ganna go to harbor freight and see if they have cheap ramps.

how much did they cost u?