3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Flashing TPMS, VSA OFF, ABS and Powersteering lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Flashing TPMS, VSA OFF, ABS and Powersteering lights

So I tried to install a self powered sub and used add a fuse to tap for the remote power on (Front Seat Heater* (20 A). I tapped fuse 17 listed as ACC Socket (Console*) 20A for the self powered sub since it says it only needs 10A (Kenwood KSC-SW11. Things seemed to be working, but after driving a while the TPMS, VSA OFF, ABS and Powersteering lights came on. I tried to powering off the car and back on, but the lights keep coming up. I've also tried to disconnect the positive battery terminal but they return. When you power on the car, the ABS and VSA OFF lights are illuminated, TPMS blinks for about a minute then stays constant and the powersteering light comes on. Car runs fine otherwise and I still got almost 44 MPG on the drive into work.

Another odd behavior is the push button start/stop button doesn't stop the car unless you hold it down. If you just quickly press it, it blinks about 6 times.

I made the following video to illustrate it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4EeEAt4msWAufPLy5

I checked the surrounding fuses and nothing seems to be tripped so I'm kind of clueless what to try next. I don't have a code reader but I'll stop at the parts store to see if they can read something. Any other suggestions for things to investigate?

Old 10-15-2018, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
When I get more time, I'm going to check Fuse Box B's fuses. I didn't mess around there, but looks like the have some EPS/ABS/VSA fuses

Old 10-15-2018, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Make sure all fuses in both fuse boxes are good.

Disconnect everything you installed.
Retry.
If no improvement, REMOVE EVERYTHING you installed (and I mean leave no trace of evidence) and take it to the dealership (assuming under warranty).

Old 10-16-2018, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezone
Make sure all fuses in both fuse boxes are good.

Disconnect everything you installed.
Retry.
If no improvement, REMOVE EVERYTHING you installed (and I mean leave no trace of evidence) and take it to the dealership (assuming under warranty).
Thank you for the response. I've disconnected the fuse taps and even disconnected the amp. I'll check the fuses and hopefully it's just that. I'm well pass my warranty so it's going to be all on me at this point.

Plumbing and electrical I typically leave to the professionals for home repair. I'm getting too old for this stuff and will probably start doing the same thing for car upgrades haha.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
I thought it actually got fixed overnight, because when I first started the car no lights came on. Before I got out of the driveway, they started coming online. It must be doing a system check and failing is my guess.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe the battery ground isn't secure?

Old 10-16-2018, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Maybe the battery ground isn't secure?
I didn't mess with it for the sub install, but I'll double check it. I grounded near the trunk area.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
I checked all the fuses in all 3 fuse boxes and nothing was blown. Ground wire was tight. I'll stop by the auto parts store to see if they can run the code, maybe even clear out the ABS code.

Everything seems to work on the car though. I have power steering. All tires are filled up. I even tried ABS and that seems to be working as expected.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
I was able to fix this. How? I'm not sure... I got a chance to finally disconnect the full wiring harness of the sub and the trouble lights were still on. I drove around for a little. I stopped, turned off the car. Pushed start button twice without starting the car. Pushed traction control button, held it down and pushed the tpms button for a few seconds. Turned it off, then back on. Started the car and trouble lights didn't come on again. I've driven around my neighborhood and some errands with no problems. Just drive1 hour in highway, popped in a store and came out and still good to go.

I wish I could say what caused it and how to fix, but at this point I'm just glad no lights are flashing.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
found my way here, from your post in the "What did you do to your GK Fit today?" thread

ill start with disconnecting battery, and reconnecting, and praying that it works

if that fails, ill uninstall my steering wheel, and reinstall ... and try to move slower on the 2nd go around

Old 03-27-2019, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
disconnected battery .... turned on head lights/stomped on brakes/open doors to activate dome lights.... battery discharged

waited a few mins, reconnected the negative.

issue persists..... back to the drawing board =\