Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation GK Specific Fit I.C.E. Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-i-c-e-sub-forum/)
-   -   XM Options (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-i-c-e-sub-forum/86018-xm-options.html)

jdisom 10-27-2014 11:33 AM

XM Options

Hi, first of all glad there are forums for new Honda Fit owners. I just purchased a 2015 Fit EX-L CVT. I have the Onyx XM Radio that I would love to not have to use in my new Fit if I can get XM integrated in my Honda link device...I don't have Navi..ideas?

mecevans 10-27-2014 12:05 PM

The head units are identical between navi and non navi except for the xm receiver plugged into the back. I'm sure Honda will release a kit to add on XM.

KB9NPT 10-27-2014 12:12 PM

Unfortunately, with the loss of the Aux jack... we XM users are stuck. :(

mecevans 10-27-2014 12:14 PM

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-i-c-e-sub-forum/85531-fit-infotainment-hvac-wiring-diagrams.html

rodney 10-28-2014 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by KB9NPT (Post 1273961)
Unfortunately, with the loss of the Aux jack... we XM users are stuck. :(

not true. i wired my car for sirius this past weekend.

with the help of this forum, specificially Superfly, i purchased a HD31 adapter from TSS radio, and used the sirius FM transmitter to install my sirus in the fit.

audio quality is not perfect, but it is acceptable for a commuter car. :wavey:

GotFitB13 02-17-2015 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by rodney (Post 1274139)
not true. i wired my car for sirius this past weekend.

with the help of this forum, specificially Superfly, i purchased a HD31 adapter from TSS radio, and used the sirius FM transmitter to install my sirus in the fit.

audio quality is not perfect, but it is acceptable for a commuter car. :wavey:

In an apples to oranges comparison, how would you say the satellite FM-Antenna splice compares to bluetooth audio off a smartphone/tablet and a USB drive with quality encoding (~ MP3 LAME 320 KB/s)?

rodney 03-16-2015 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by GotFitB13 (Post 1292909)
In an apples to oranges comparison, how would you say the satellite FM-Antenna splice compares to bluetooth audio off a smartphone/tablet and a USB drive with quality encoding (~ MP3 LAME 320 KB/s)?

i finally got some time to compare between my sirius/fm modulator setup and streaming via bluetooth to my phone.

seems like i can get more volume from the fm modulator setup, but the bluetooth has a richer sound with more pronounced highs and lows.

again, my sirius setup is perfect for a commuter. i get/make a call then hang up, and it goes right back to the radio/sirius. very simple. :)

sewz 02-21-2017 04:19 PM

I recently purchased a 2016 Fit EX and I have a Sirius XM Onyx radio that I wanted to connect without spending a lot of money. Using FM as a transmitter was definitely not an option due to the amount of interference. After doing as much research and trial and error, I finally found something that works. I purchased a Bluetooth 4.1 transmitter/receiver by PowerAdd for ~$25 off Amazon. It came with an audio cable so I used that to connect the audio out on the Onyx to the transmitter, put the transmitter in T mode, connected the power to the USB and paired the device via Bluetooth in my car. It was a little wonky at first getting it to connect but I pressed the + - buttons and it got there after about two minutes. So far it works fine and the sound is better than using FM. If you want more information please let me know!

(I know this is an old thread so if I did this wrong I'm sorry...I'm new here!) :wavey:

Edit: Here is a link to the transmitter I bought on Amazon

Edit: It stopped working. Ugh. Back to the drawing board!

ahert001 04-28-2017 12:55 PM

For aftermarket Sirius/XM, check out Vais Technology. I had this installed: GSR-022 w/ Tuner Kit | VAIS Technology It includes tuner, antenna and Sat to USB interface.

Works perfectly. No clutter, no FM modulator; plugs into AUX USB connector. Yes, you must have a USB input to factory radio; 2015-2017 Honda Fit/Jazz.

LLLC1393 08-03-2017 10:58 AM

I recently got a Stratus 7. Using the FM modulator the audio is horrendous! I ordered a BT transmitter on amazon. The big question is what will happen to my phone connectivity in the car. I'll find out soon enough. If this doesn't work acceptably, it's no sat radio for me in the 2015 Fit EXL. Shame on Honda for both eliminating the aux in with higher trims, and making you buy the highest trim to get sat radio.

Khaetra Sommers 08-10-2017 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by LLLC1393 (Post 1377443)
I recently got a Stratus 7. Using the FM modulator the audio is horrendous! I ordered a BT transmitter on amazon. The big question is what will happen to my phone connectivity in the car. I'll find out soon enough. If this doesn't work acceptably, it's no sat radio for me in the 2015 Fit EXL. Shame on Honda for both eliminating the aux in with higher trims, and making you buy the highest trim to get sat radio.

I agree. I really wanted Sirius/XM but I didn't want everything else that you have to purchase (moonroof, leather, etc.) just to get it. I bought the LX and I have a Stratus 7, so I use the AUX jack, ran the antenna to the roof and put the radio in the little cubby hole behind the cup holders.

kenchan 08-12-2017 04:38 PM

or just get the siriusxm app and listen through your phone?

Khaetra Sommers 08-13-2017 10:38 AM

Not everyone pays for the all-access package or the add-on streaming. I don't. Plus some of us don't have good enough coverage to stream anything. When I went out west on a road trip there were many spots I had no signal on my phone but my Sirius radio had no issue.

LLLC1393 08-14-2017 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1378086)
or just get the siriusxm app and listen through your phone?

Data usage is one reason. The app itself isn't the easiest to navigate on your phone in the car.