Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation GK Specific Fit I.C.E. Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-i-c-e-sub-forum/)
-   -   Change iPod display options? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-i-c-e-sub-forum/88782-change-ipod-display-options.html)

FitNewbie15 04-03-2015 02:00 PM

Change iPod display options?

My apologies if this is super easy and I've just missed it somewhere, but is there any way to change the info that shows with the track listings from an iPod on the screen? We would like to be able to see the time remaining on tracks, podcasts, etc. (or just the length of the podcast when selecting to what to listen) and cannot figure out how to make that information appear. Since the iPod is connected to the car, you can not see it directly on the unit either.

Second question - is there any way to enable using the steering wheel controls to go back and change sources when on the iPod (e.g., switch albums, switch from playlists to podcasts category, etc.), or does one have to do that just by touching the screen? We found we can jump between songs in the same album and turn on/off shuffle, but would like to minimize touching the screen as much as possible. TIA!

pedz 04-18-2015 03:52 PM

How do you jump between songs in the same album?

Also... do you have an issue where once a week or so, the head unit or the iPod reset and you are back at the first song of the first album?

bach 06-04-2015 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by pedz (Post 1302849)
Also... do you have an issue where once a week or so, the head unit or the iPod reset and you are back at the first song of the first album?

I just got my Fit this week and my iPod 160GB classic (it's stuffed, only 5GB free) has frozen and reset itself three or four times already. It seemed to be related to playing around and jumping back and forth with playlists, artists, etc. so now I'm just going to leave it alone and see if that makes a difference.

pedz 06-04-2015 11:21 AM

Moved to bluetooth iPhone

I believe that turning off the car just as a new track starts can cause the iPod to not pause like it should. When you come back out, your iPod will be dead. IIRC (you probably already know this) a reset can be done on the iPod by holding down the "Menu" (top) and the middle select button.

The bluetooth arrangement seems a bit nicer. It has a pause button. Sometimes it does not pick back up where it left off and you have to dig out your iPhone, start Music, then hit play, but that is relatively painless. That seems to happen a few times a week.

I've not tried the iPhone cabled yet and I've not tried the various Honda iPhone apps let.

Splat 06-08-2015 11:08 PM

I have a number of gripes with iPod playback on my EX.

- no pause button
- as mentioned, no track time
- no clear way to get to specific tracks, I just leave it on shuffle

I've been able to play a max of 42 songs before something blows up. Either the iPod freezes, requiring a hard reboot. Or the iPod reboots itself and starts back at track one. Or the head unit reboots.

One would hope these issues could be fixed with a software update, but from multiple threads on here about HondaLink, I don't think corporate cares.