2018 Add an Amp wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 07:53 PM
2018 Add an Amp wiring harness

Anyone know where I can purchase a a add a amp wiring harness to add to the stock head unit on a 2018 honda fit ex? Any help is appreciated.

Old 06-03-2018, 05:33 AM
Trust me on this, you really only want to do it once. Not 3 times like me!

Depending on your (future) needs, Amazon has a nice 4 gauge OFC kit by Knuconcept, and yes I do have that one.

Or you can go with a 0 gauge dual amp kit, if you plan on going that route.

You need to assess your current needs, plan many times including any future needs, and try to spend once.

Look up the threads in the ICE section if you want to keep your stock headunit to retain rear and side cameras.

Might as well upgrade speaker wiring too.

And even though I did it as a last step, sound proofing/damping the car should be considered as it makes a huge difference to sound and driving quality.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:31 AM
Yep I actually have the Knuconceptz in my old fit, this is a work car. I was actually referring to something like this (
Amazon Amazon
). Since it's a work car I can't really do any sound damping, but my boss/owner is cool with me adding the amp and sub like i did on my old fit.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Cool, I've never seen an all in one like this for the GK5's before.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ndtemple417
Anyone know where I can purchase a a add a amp wiring harness to add to the stock head unit on a 2018 honda fit ex? Any help is appreciated.
Looking for the same thing for my 2019; what did you end up using?

Old 07-12-2018, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by UnFitRick
Looking for the same thing for my 2019; what did you end up using?
You will have to make it from various parts. To my knowledge no company has made a harness to retain the steering wheel controls and allow for external amps/processors. Check out my thread!

Old 07-13-2018, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
You will have to make it from various parts. To my knowledge no company has made a harness to retain the steering wheel controls and allow for external amps/processors. Check out my thread!
I read your dissertation; it was very impressive. I understand that your system is electrical, but doesn't it take a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts needed to make it work?

Old 07-13-2018, 07:59 PM
I read your dissertation; it was very impressive. I understand that your system is electrical, but doesn't it take a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts needed to make it work?

Fair enough! There is a post that has the exact pinout of all the wires and the ones you need to add. Should be clarified with that one post I hope!

However, the link above will work perfectly for the GK. It has the outputs for the sub only, but buying that harness, then cutting into it to get the L/R outputs for both the front/rear to add your external amp and processor should you so choose. Honestly if they had that harness when I did my setup would have saved me hours of research and fabrication! $20 is well worth it!

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 07-13-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Fair enough! There is a post that has the exact pinout of all the wires and the ones you need to add. Should be clarified with that one post I hope!

However, the link above will work perfectly for the GK. It has the outputs for the sub only, but buying that harness, then cutting into it to get the L/R outputs for both the front/rear to add your external amp and processor should you so choose. Honestly if they had that harness when I did my setup would have saved me hours of research and fabrication! $20 is well worth it!
Thank you for the added edit. And thank you for understanding my (lighthearted) sarcasm. All I am looking to do is install a powered sub, throw some bass blockers on the factory speakers (maybe replace the fronts with an inexpensive component set), and call it a day. If the interface harness referenced above will work on a 2019 Fit Sport, you are absolutely right: it will be perfect. I will check it out; what is your level of confidence that it is the right piece? Thanks again for your help.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:32 PM
Thank you for the added edit. And thank you for understanding my (lighthearted) sarcasm. All I am looking to do is install a powered sub, throw some bass blockers on the factory speakers (maybe replace the fronts with an inexpensive component set), and call it a day. If the interface harness referenced above will work on a 2019 Fit Sport, you are absolutely right: it will be perfect. I will check it out; what is your level of confidence that it is the right piece? Thanks again for your help.
I'm 99% sure it will work. Despite the remodel of the generation, its doubtful they would change the pinout of the connector. Not all pins are used anyways for the HU. In any event please do let us know how it turns out. Start a thread if need be!

Old 07-15-2018, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Axxis makes the steering wheel control and amp/processor retaining. It can also retain the back up camera and lane watch

Old 07-15-2018, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by payluder
Axxis makes the steering wheel control and amp/processor retaining. It can also retain the back up camera and lane watch
Yeah, someone already posted about this kit, and while it does what it says, the delay in activation of the lanewatch camera and the fisheye angle it has makes it less than ideal, almost unusable.