3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

First Delivery! 2015 Red EX!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by john21031
Thanks for posting. This means technically that a film may be applied to the side windows though it is not tinted. 88% or 70%, as far as I remember hearing, is the standard clear manufactured automotive glass. All glass restricts some light so no glass can ever be 100% transparent.

I think so many people disregard the law here in California that I would encourage police departments to crack down on offending drivers as a way of improving police department budgets and in the mean time helping to increase safety not just for police officers but also for other drivers as well.
tint at 70% is considered transparent so as per the vehicular code that george posted the OP is completely legal and was correct in saying that 70% on the front driver and passenger side windows is legal tint here in california, not sure why you had to jump all over the OP for stating the correct facts. also, what's the big deal if or if he does not have the first fit? i did not see one instance of the OP bragging about it and he has been helpful to everyone that has asked questions about it so im not sure why you have to hate on him at all when he has been just being helpful to everyone that has posted in this thread.

(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met: (1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent. (2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard. (3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the ability of the existing window glass to block the sun's harmful ultraviolet A rays. (4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the vehicle, a certificate signed by the installing company certifying that the windows with the material installed meet the requirements of this subdivision and the certificate identifies the installing company and the material's manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the material was installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by the material's manufacturer certifying that the windows with the material installed according to manufacturer's instructions meet the requirements of this subdivision and the certificate identifies the material's manufacturer by full name and street address.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Administrator
Why are you guys arguing over 70% front tint, that's not even visible? you can easily get away with 40 or 35 in Cali, been doing it for years.

Thanks for the updated pics OP.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Why are you guys arguing over 70% front tint, that's not even visible? you can easily get away with 40 or 35 in Cali, been doing it for years.

Because......

Sorry, couldnt resist lol

Old 06-07-2014, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Off the subject - Note-ified, how is your little car doing? I remember that you were gonna modify the Note, but don't remember seeing anything.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by siguy
Off the subject - Note-ified, how is your little car doing? I remember that you were gonna modify the Note, but don't remember seeing anything.
The note is doing extremely well, just passed 16,000 miles on the clock a few days ago and still going strong.as for mods, my car will be going back into tanabe towards the end of this month to get the last 2 parts put on and then it's off to 3d carbon to get the body kit installed by them.still have a couple things to do to it afterwards but im looking at completion of the whole thing within the next 2 months...at least for the time being lol

Old 06-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Waizzz

Thanks for the support, guys!

Old 06-08-2014, 02:48 AM
Originally Posted by Brianflys
Thanks for the support, guys!
When you guys discuss "70%"... is that 70% Dark or 70% Light?

And anyway aren't a lot of mods done to these cars somewhat not legal, in some way?

Old 06-08-2014, 02:50 AM
Can I now ask what do you think of the build quality of your Fit? Anything stand out and how does it compare to your previous Fit?

Old 06-08-2014, 04:46 PM
70% means 70% of the light is transmitted.

Cops don't have light measuring equipment and they aren't on any vendetta against tinted windows. As long as the front tint is noticably lighter than the rear tint they are likely to assume the car is in compliance. Just in case, be sure to get that compliance certificate and keep it with the car's registration.

Now, if you are behaving like a hoon, don't be surprised if the tint shows up on your fix-it ticket, along with the fart can exhaust, the purple HID lights, and the under-car neons.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Major congrats!

Enjoy and keep us posted on your impressions.

Last edited by Anewfit; 06-08-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Wow. Ok, sorry for going off topic, but Brianflys, thanks for posting all the photos and info. Makes the GK a bigger contender in replacing the GD.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:56 PM
What's up Brian (I'm presuming that's your name). For my first post, I was wondering if I could pick your brain. I'm in between cars right now - borrowing my brother's 2002 Accord until I can buy a new one. And the one I want, after doing a ton of research, is the 2015 Fit: EX-L. MPG, Space and everything the EX-L offers for such a low price are huge selling points...but I do have my concerns. And this is where I want to ask you a question. (I suppose all Fit owners will be able to answer this too?) My commute to work is a 30 mile shot down the freeway. The only problem is - getting on the freeway both ways requires me taking super short on-ramps where I'm required to gun it to merge. I've read a few places that the FIT isn't the most powerful car and that its super noisy on the freeway. I also have a tendency to sprint off the line (to get to just above the speed limit) at green lights...is this something I'm going to have to lay off if I purchase this car? Will I be frustrated? (It'd probably be smarter for me to mellow out anyway... Just wondering.) Thanks man....

PS As soon as I get it, I'm probably going to be tinting my windows too. I think these youtube videos will help add clarity to the dialogue concerning their legality:

TicketBust.com

#Peace

Last edited by ReduxInflux; 06-08-2014 at 09:57 PM. Reason: provided wrong link
Old 06-08-2014, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
If you are driving a 4 cylinder 2002 accord, the 2015 Fit will provide better power than that car.

Before I owed my 2009 Fit I owned dozens of far more powerful cars. However, I have never felt frustrated driving my fit, but yes, it did slow down my pace compared to my former driving style.

The new CVT transmission will make the engine scream while accelerating, but once you get to speed it calms down and is not at all what I would call noisy, but neither is it luxury car serene.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by TCroly
If you are driving a 4 cylinder 2002 accord, the 2015 Fit will provide better power than that car.

Before I owed my 2009 Fit I owned dozens of far more powerful cars. However, I have never felt frustrated driving my fit, but yes, it did slow down my pace compared to my former driving style.

The new CVT transmission will make the engine scream while accelerating, but once you get to speed it calms down and is not at all what I would call noisy, but neither is it luxury car serene.
Based on my 2009 and 2015 Fit experience I think the 2015 performs just fine on freeways including merging and acceleration. The CVT is somewhat loud on acceleration, but once at speed it is pretty quiet.

But will you be happy? That is a very personal decision and I'm not going to try to guess for you. There is another thread with performance of the 2015 elsewhere on the site which shows it has better performance than the prior model.

Overall I am very happy with performance, mileage, build quality (very nice fit & finish, tight, solid door sounds when they are closed, moonroof seals completely. No issues yet.

There is a distinctive CVT operation and sound with acceleration and deceleration, as the name implies, continuous rather than in steps with gearing. When you reach your speed and let off the accelerator, rather than having play in the throttle when in a gear, the RPM on the CVT instantly varies with the throttle.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member
I'm really gonna have to test drive the cvt to see if I can deal with that. I just won't know until I try it. As for pickup, my 2012 hasn't let me down yet when I need to give it the gun from slow or stop. However, inclines are a different thing. There the fit struggles.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:28 AM
Brian, i have followed your post from the beginning and find it like an addiction waiting to see what you post next . Something I dont recall seeing you post and if you wish not to no problem but I was curious what your vin was? If you dont want to post the exact number could you post say pre or post 705000. Thanks for your patience with us, we are obviously very eager to get ours. Enjoy!

Old 06-09-2014, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member
Odd question

I have an odd question and please don't laugh. We enjoy going to the drive in, and nowadays you use your radio to listen to the movie. When you're in park and turn they key back to power on the radio, are the fog lights or parking lights on? Thanks for your time

Old 06-09-2014, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Brian,
Honda has indicated that the possible reason for the Fit's delay has been one of paint quality issues. With this in mind, could you comment critically on the paint quality of your car?

Old 06-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Something I dont recall seeing you post and if you wish not to no problem but I was curious what your vin was?
Let's just say between 704300 and 704400.

I have an odd question and please don't laugh. We enjoy going to the drive in, and nowadays you use your radio to listen to the movie. When you're in park and turn they key back to power on the radio, are the fog lights or parking lights on?
Interesting question and brings up the improvements and changes in the power system and lighting. The 2015 EX Fit has the proximity lock/ignition system and improved smart head light/tail light system.

Specific to your question, I don't use a key . Ignition functions are done with the Start/Stop (SS) button on the dash. The user manual has all of the details, but the direct answer to you is first turn off the car entirely (Place in PARK, then press SS button. Car shuts down. Then with foot OFF THE BRAKE, push the SS button. Car goes into Accessory mode. enables audio system, but no head/tail lights, and no HVAC. Push the SS button again (no brake) and the car goes to ON mode (other systems on, HVAC on, no engine). Push it again, car shuts off.

The Start/Stop system default is using foot on the brake and in Park, then push the SS button to start the engine. When done, put in Park and push the SS button to shut down the car. There are other options for turning on and off the Accessory and ON (without engine) settings. Refer to the manual.

Alternate shut-down is a bit odd. With car in another gear except Park (I have the CVT, so not sure how this works for MT), push SS button and the car goes to Accessory mode with a message flashing saying to place car in Park. When you do place it in Park, the car shuts down.

2015 Fit has new car lighting options: Off, Parking Light, AUTO, and ON. AUTO (where I have it 99% of the time) turns the lights on low when I engage the driver side door handle and after I shut the car down (for a couple of minutes, then off). Also switches automatically from external running lights/internal daytime dash lighting, to external night lights and internal dash night lighting, based on a light sensor at the forward edge of the glareshield. There are options with these light modes to shut down the lights at traffic checkpoints and to avoid the courtesy headlights before and after starting the engine. I won't go into all the details, please see the manual.

Yes, this may be a car you actually have to read the manual to understand all of the operating modes, options, and customization.

I haven't explored all of the systems options yet. Gotta leave something for you guys to explore after you get your cars

Last edited by Brianflys; 06-09-2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: edited VIN range, adds intrigue!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Thanks Brian! That is close enough!

Quick Reply: First Delivery! 2015 Red EX!