Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/)
-   -   Rottboy's WOP GK LX 6-spd and Garage Stablemates (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/85443-rottboys-wop-gk-lx-6-spd-garage-stablemates.html)

ROTTBOY 10-07-2014 10:38 AM

Rottboy's WOP GK LX 6-spd and Garage Stablemates

10 Attachment(s)
Gotta thank Waiz for releasing GK specific sub-forums.:thumbups::thumbups::thumbups:

Attachment 13602

Attachment 13603

Attachment 13604

Attachment 13605

Attachment 13606

Attachment 13607

Attachment 13608

Attachment 13609

Attachment 13610

Attachment 13611

Myxalplyx 10-07-2014 02:26 PM

Nice ride and congrats on being the first in this forum.

BTW: Those wheels look bad ass on your ride. :thumbups:

BLXFITTY 10-07-2014 11:49 PM

nice! keep them pictures coming

Vanguard 10-08-2014 04:05 AM

You were not kidding when you said you had a bunch of stuff already purchased and ready to install!

ROTTBOY 10-08-2014 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1269577)
...congrats on being the first in this forum..... :thumbups:

Thanks my friend. Now its your turn to post.:thumbups:

Originally Posted by BLXFITTY (Post 1269703)
nice! keep them pictures coming

Will do. To keep things simple, will continue to add to the first post. Appreciate the encouraging words.:D

Originally Posted by Vanguard (Post 1269740)
You were not kidding when you said you had a bunch of stuff already purchased and ready to install!

Buds, me no speak with forked tongue!!!! Made so many posts about mod purchases prior to actually taking delivery. Now that the GK is part of this household, the bleeding of outgoing funds will finally stop!!!:rotfl:

tmfit 10-08-2014 10:54 AM

WOW! Those wheels are spectacular! Sweet looking ride Rotty!

ROTTBOY 10-08-2014 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by tmfit (Post 1269777)
.....Those wheels....

Got these cause I initially thought they were made by Enkei. They're not!!! Although, made in the SAME PLANT (Taiwan).

Weight at 37 lbs./wheel is decent. They track and balance well, with no steering wheel shimmy at higher speeds.

Definitely promotes a different look and blends well with our local Hawaiian T-shirts! Bright and Colorful.:D:D:D

UnknownKing 10-09-2014 12:26 AM

Awesome

Looking good, I really need to purchase those Door Sill Trim's, did you install those yourself? and how hard were they too install if you did that yourself?

Waiz 10-09-2014 01:46 AM

Looking good!

Sub'd for updates :thumbups:

ROTTBOY 10-09-2014 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by UnknownKing (Post 1269926)
Looking good...need to purchase those Door Sill Trim's....install those yourself?...how hard....too install....

Appreciate the kind remarks!!! Go to post #510 in the "What mods......" thread for some more detailed info and a link posted by JupiterJoe. Its an OEM accessory that makes you smile everytime you open the front doors!!!!:D:D:D

Originally Posted by Waiz (Post 1269936)
Looking good!..............

Mucho thanks man!!! For more "good lookin" wheels, take another look at the pics you posted at your last meet. I spent time going over each one. Gotta say that lowering does wonders especially on a Fit!!!!!

Take my hat off to the FF guys who spend time dressing up their wheels in SoCal. :thumbups::thumbups::thumbups: Its one of the threads that influenced my mod approach to owning my second Fit.

Waiz 10-09-2014 02:51 AM

We are very lucky in SoCal since we have access to so many nice wheels :thumbups:

EddyTrickz 10-18-2014 10:05 PM

Those rims are craaaaaaaaaaazzzzzyyy lol

REply: Exactly what the wife remarked. She said it fits my crazy spending on the Fit!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

kenji815 10-28-2014 11:45 AM

love your car continue the good work.

REply: Am loving your car too!!! In fact, already ordered an exhaust tip, thanks to your pics!!!:thumbups:
And if not for my over-angled drive-way, my little GK would want to have me buy her some Tiens!!! - rttby

ROTTBOY 11-02-2014 07:23 AM

8 Attachment(s)
As posted in the "What mods....." thread, here's the update plus some add'l pics of the 90% finished FIT.

With the majority of the ICE wiring tidied up, today was reinstall time plus the addition of a couple of accessories.

Front seats back in:

Attachment 13271

REar seats in:

Attachment 13272

Second boot light installed on left wheel well trim cover:

Attachment 13273

Quickly installed OEM cargo liner (collapseable boot bag was the wife's contribution):

Attachment 13274

Found a place for the powered sub under the right front seat:

Attachment 13275

Took her for a drive to check for anything loose or rattles. Nothing there, however, with the seats out for 3 weeks, the airbag light stayed on. Had to reset and now, all is good.

For some reason, the upgraded stereo sounds better with the interior in place. No wonder the guys at the stereo shop didn't want to EQ my sytem until the interior was back in.

Finally, the Rottboy project is nearing its conclusion. Probably won't install the rear park sensors. The little Fit is just looking too busy.:D:D:D

Pics out of the garage after weeks of careful installs:

Attachment 13276

Attachment 13277

Had a request to take a farther pic of how the JDM GK Hybrid lighted upper tail-lights blends with the MDM GK lowers.

Attachment 13278

555sexydrive 11-18-2014 01:27 AM

37lbs per wheel/tire set or just the wheel? If just wheel, it is far from decent, but I seriously couldn't imagine a 16" wheel weighing that much so it must be with tire. :) They aren't my cup of tea, but it doesn't matter if I would drink that tea. haha Keep doing up your Fit3 as you see Fit.

silversurfer2282 11-23-2014 10:07 PM

Where did you buy that steering wheel cover and how does it feel? Is the stiching soft?

ROTTBOY 11-23-2014 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by silversurfer2282 (Post 1279473)
Where did you buy that steering wheel cover and how does it feel? Is the stiching soft?

Hey SS2282, just read your PM now. Have been busy the past few weeks with work-related tasks.

Ordered the steering cover from Wheelskins as a "Special Order". the size for the LX is [Outside Dia.: 14 1/4"] [Grip Circ.: 3 7/8"]
Do not get the cover for the GD/GE. They are slightly bigger and won't be a good fit.

This covers feels and looks as like a leather steering wheel should. Real USA cowhide!!!!

More pics available on the "What mods........." thread. The factory box is pictured with the exact size that was "special" ordered.

Have installed two of these on 2 Fits. If you want good results, watch their video and set aside at least a couple of hours. Prepare a set of work gloves and get ready to "pull" the thread as tight as possible.

Congrats on your new LX. :vtec:

silversurfer2282 11-24-2014 08:27 AM

Thank you for the reply. Keep up the good work.

Myxalplyx 12-27-2014 09:39 PM

Xmas

Rottboy, where are the xmas gifts you bought for the Fit?

ROTTBOY 01-26-2015 09:29 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1284279)
Rottboy, where are the xmas gifts you bought for the Fit?

Buds, as posted on the "What Mods..." thread, here are the latest!!!!

"Here's add'l stuff added this year.

OEM body colored door mouldings. These fit perfectly. Used a rubber mallet to secure it in place.

Attachment 12586

OEM storage organizer. Wife got me one (Amazon) last year. Decent, but not that rigid. Ordered this one from Bernardi's (on sale) last Dec. Great quality, folds flat, w/ 3 compartments.

Attachment 12587

OEM First Aid Kit. Lets hope this never gets used!!!

Attachment 12588

"Drop-stop". Got the idea from my niece last July who installed a generic "made in China" on my previous '08 GD. With a $10 difference (its $20 shipped), decided to get the "original". Glad I did cause is thicker which makes it stay in place better than the thinner "knock-offs".

Attachment 12589

With my boys home last Dec. they had a fun time driving the GK. Mileage has dropped as they enjoy hearing that V-tec in action, plus driving their friends all over the island. They did comment on how "nice" the doors felt when closing and how much quieter it is compared to our former GD. The 100 lbs. of sound-deadening is getting the job done!!!:D:D:D"