3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

LegenD's GK5 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
Love reading this thread and seeing the progress. The Affection wing and the Mugen mid/wing garnish are really nice pieces, thank you for giving me some ideas.

PS
anybody have pics of the El Dorado wing for the GK? I tried googling it and I come up with nothing other than the older honda fits and some other wings.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
Guys, I am running the RV6 DP, exhaust and intake. I have been watching the AFR and it never goes below 12.5 on any pull. I think it's time to push this tune up a bit. If any of you have a similar setup, PM me if you want to share a tune. I am racing in three weeks, and want that advantage... Cheers, d
P.S. Also considering BC valve springs and retainers and cranking the redline to 7500...
Hey dude, sorry for the late reply, but unfortunately I’m just running the base tune atm. I assume you could push it a little running the dp, but not much. The GK is a little dry in the power mods department. I didn’t get a chance to mess around. Recently I had to tune back to stock to get the faulty VTC actuator replaced.

Originally Posted by MikeMoll89
Finally done, it’s dirty right now but I still love it!
Nice job - simple and clean, looks great

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
maybe he trying to become the next "legend"
Well, we all know there is only one Takumi haha.

Originally Posted by Pitpit
Love reading this thread and seeing the progress. The Affection wing and the Mugen mid/wing garnish are really nice pieces, thank you for giving me some ideas.
PS anybody have pics of the El Dorado wing for the GK? I tried googling it and I come up with nothing other than the older honda fits and some other wings.
Thanks buddy, glad you like my setup! Search El Dorado GK5 (the 5 is important), but for reference here it is:

website - El Dorado@Crave@ƒtƒBƒbƒg3@GP5E6/GK3`6

Quick reference to my spoiler:

You can see more in the photo-shoot a couple posts above of course, but the one I have has softer edges / is a bit simpler. The El Dorado one is a bit like the HFP EP3 spoiler, with more pronounced sharper edges. As I said before, there are other options, but I think I found the ‘cleanest’ one.

Last edited by [LegenD]; 02-17-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
The El Dorado as was mentioned above is from Nakai Auto under the Crave series of aero.

Nankai Auto

Old 11-15-2018, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
looking at the following 2 "big wangs" .... leaning more towards the non cf path:

Old 11-15-2018, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
What brands are these?

Old 02-17-2019, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
looking at the following 2 "big wangs" .... leaning more towards the non cf path
These are interesting, definitely new to me. I think the non CF has an engraving on it? The CF looks like it's the Mugen spoiler with a little flap / bill, kinda cool actually. Wonder how they fit - looks like you'd need the JDM stubby for these!

In other news, once it warms up, hoping to have some updates soon...some changes coming thing Spring!

Last edited by [LegenD]; 02-17-2019 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
It does have a "dragon" engraving on it

I never considered the jdm stubby as a need to have item for fitment. does anyone have a pic of the oem usdm wing, removed? I wonder if its similar enough in shape, to make these wings a possible install?

Old 02-19-2019, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
I bought the Walmart knock off and tried to carbon wrap it (huge fail, first time wrapping anything other than presents [which I also suck at]) and the instructions were shite as one would expect. It looked like you were supposed to remove the longer US non-stubby portion and then attach. It further looked like it would not attach nearly as heartily as the real-deal honda one whose much better instructions looked way more difficult. At that point, I decided I did not want to install and it's sat in my living room as a constant reminder that I can't wrap...

Old 02-19-2019, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
I bought the Walmart knock off and tried to carbon wrap it (huge fail, first time wrapping anything other than presents [which I also suck at]) and the instructions were shite as one would expect. It looked like you were supposed to remove the longer US non-stubby portion and then attach. It further looked like it would not attach nearly as heartily as the real-deal honda one whose much better instructions looked way more difficult. At that point, I decided I did not want to install and it's sat in my living room as a constant reminder that I can't wrap...
got a link to that walmart knock off?

pics of the wrap job, lets see it! (I too suck at wrapping, you should see how bad my roof wrap turned out)

Old 02-19-2019, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
Dude, it is so bad. I want to wrap my roof, hood, and some other items, and this has scared me off. I've seen your pics, not close-ups, but yeah, mine is definitely worse. I'll upload one tonight. #factoryofsadness

Old 05-31-2019, 03:38 PM
I need help with the suspension of my fit, I am not sure whether to leave the current suspension with a tire series 195 65 r15 or if I should change to 195 55 r15. The doubt is that if I change to 195 55 r15 I should put springs in the car and it would lower and I do not know how much I would get down to have problems in my garage or on the sidewalks of the street. the other option is to leave it like this without problems of that type but risk style. What do you think

Old 05-31-2019, 03:43 PM
help with suspension

I need help with the suspension of my fit, I am not sure whether to leave the current suspension with a tire series 195 65 r15 or if I should change to 195 55 r15. The doubt is that if I change to 195 55 r15 I should put springs in the car and it would lower and I do not know how much I would get down to have problems in my garage or on the sidewalks of the street. the other option is to leave it like this without problems of that type but risk style. What do you think

Old 05-31-2019, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by BUCARO
Hey!

First of all, 195 65 r15 is not the optimal tire size for the Fit, meaning that your speedometer is actually off / reading incorrect. You’re using an off-spec tire ratio. 195 55 r15 is actually the correct ratio if you want to maintain an accurate speedometer reading and keep it 1:1 consistent to factory settings.

What I’m guessing is that you are trying to fill your fender gap with a ‘meatier’ tire, in turn, also slightly lifting your car higher off the ground. If you switch to 195 55 r15 you will increase the fender gap, but will reduce the clearance between the car and the ground (car will be a little lower to the ground).

At that point, if you want to decrease the fender gap, you’ll want to lower the car on springs or coilovers. If you’re worried about ‘problems’ then pick a spring that is more conservative and doesn’t lower as much. The setup you have right now is not the best way of going about reducing your fender gap. Hope that helps!

Old 05-31-2019, 08:48 PM
Been a while, but since my thread was bumped by a question I thought I’d do a small update. Spent some time in Japan enjoying JDM goodness to my heart’s content, but I’m finally back with some new things.

Picked up a new set of wheels from Croooober, better known as UPGARAGE in Japan. Gram Lights 57C - came in gold and had some dings, so I had them refinished and powder-coated to match the satin gunmetal on the 86.

Also bought a few accessories - RAYS valve stems & caps, new hub centric rings, rear RS badge, and a new Mugen stick-on product (which doesn’t fit on our USDM model as intended, but I may have another use for it). Anyway, photos!

The gunmetal on the 86. Photos of the Fit soon!

Old 06-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Hey about your rear spoiler did you have to remove the USDM lip? Or was this simply placed over it? thinking about getting one too

Old 06-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by LilPuttputt
Hey about your rear spoiler did you have to remove the USDM lip? Or was this simply placed over it? thinking about getting one too
Hey! By USDM lip I'm assuming you're referring to the stock stubby spoiler, in which case, no it did not have to be removed. The spoiler comes with premounted industrial strength tape and mounts directly overtop the stock spoiler. I posted a photo of the underside of the spoiler on page 3 where you can see the tape.

Though options are limited, look around and see what you like as this isn't the only spoiler that mounts in this way. If you reach out to RHD Japan (like myself) they'll pretty much source anything for you. Hope this helps!

Old 06-06-2019, 06:28 PM
Thank you very much for your suggestion, believe me I will take it into account, could you please suggest me a brand of springs that will help me achieve that effect. I heard that eibach is conservative but I do not know if there is one that is even more conservative. with respect to the specifications of the tire of my vehicle this factory road 195/55 / ​​r16. and testing some tires I found that the diameter is maintained with the wheel 15 using series 195/60 / r15. So he had thought to use that series of rims and buy some eibach springs to improve the appearance. by the way your honda fit is incredible, it's inspiring

Old 06-09-2019, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member

I have some 205/50/15 on my girlfriends fit lowered on some GE8 H&R springs and its perfect height for her to daily drive on. Lowered it approximately 1"-1.3".

Old 06-14-2019, 02:10 PM
thanks for the advice but i was finding out and i could only find TEIN and EIBACH low springs for this model (GK5), so i guess i will go for eibach, but i definitly must change the tires

Old 06-14-2019, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the advice but i was finding out and i could only find TEIN and EIBACH low springs for this model (GK5), so i guess i will go for eibach, but i definitly must change the tires

more springs are out there, you just gotta look

(example, SWIFT makes springs that are gk5 specific)

Quick Reply: LegenD's GK5 Build Thread