3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

LegenD's GK5 Build Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 08:11 PM
LegenD's GK5 Build Thread

Hey guys, I wanted a place to document my build so I decided to start a thread as I’ve already done a bit of work on the car.

LATEST PHOTOSHOOT - Page 3

LATEST UPDATE - Page 5

I sold my 2003 EP3 in May to move onto a 2015 GK5.

Photo shoot is below, but I thought I’d start with the process and a list of mods for anyone that may be interested.

Mod List:

Suspension:
Eibach Pro-Kit springs

Wheels/Tires:
Gram Lights 57C - 15X6.5 +38 / Custom Satin Gunmetal powder-coat
Mishimoto Neochrome extended lug nuts
Yokohama S.Drive - 195/55 R15

Exterior:
Mugen (USDM replica) front lip
Mugen tailgate garnish
Mugen door handle protectors
Mugen license plate bolts
Honda RS side skirts
Honda RS rear badge
Honda red badges
Honda window visors
Affection - Desire rear spoiler
Grille red vinyl wrap
Cusco short antenna
Window tint
Speedhunters Circle - Unity decal

Interior/Engine:
K-Tuner
Raceseng Orbature shift knob
J’s Racing steering wheel badge
Spoon oil cap
Spoon radiator cap
Spoon reservoir cover
K&N drop-in air filter

The process:

Spoon swag because Spoon. No-brainer. Purchased from ICB Motorsport.

Red badges also from ICB Motorsport.

J’s Racing steering wheel badge from eBay, so mostly likely not really J’s. Surprisingly great quality and fits perfect for what it is.

Heavier shift knob (something I think the Fit desperately needs). Raceseng is on the pricier end of shift knobs, but after trying one I absolutely had to own this. Heavily customizable design/colour, unmatched quality (imo), and crafted in the USA.

CUSCO shorty antenna from Japan.

2019 UPDATE - New wheels - Gram Lights 57C. Came in gold, had them powder-coated in a custom satin gunmetal.

RS side skirts - waited almost half a year to get these from Japan. Brand new from Honda. Colour didn’t matter at the time since I didn’t own the car yet. I’ve included a photo of the codes if anyone is curious.

Painted! Front lip is in Mugen's two-toned 'colored x matte black'.

With some help and nice OEM fitment (with the exception of the front, which is good for a replica), the kit was installed.

Last edited by [LegenD]; 05-31-2019 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:11 PM
Photos

Last edited by [LegenD]; 10-25-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:10 PM
Gonna look real nice when done!

Old 10-24-2017, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Gonna look real nice when done!
Thanks buddy . I'll try and get the photo-shoot up tonight after work.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:26 PM
I don't know why, but Rota Slipstreams have always screamed HONDA for me.

If your EP is any indication, your GK5 will look great. Looking forward to seeing your finished product.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
I don't know why, but Rota Slipstreams have always screamed HONDA for me.

If your EP is any indication, your GK5 will look great. Looking forward to seeing your finished product.
Thanks man! I always really liked this wheel design. Ideally I would have wanted the original Desmond Regamasters, but good luck finding the wheel for sale, the right size, used in good condition, etc.

I miss the EP and the K20 haha, but it was time to move on to another hatch. Just uploaded a bunch of photos

Old 10-25-2017, 10:21 PM
Photos are finally up (above)! Took them a few weeks ago, just had to find some time to sort through them.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by [LegenD] View Post
Photos are finally up (above)! Took them a few weeks ago, just had to find some time to sort through them.
GK looks great!

Is that the rep Mugen lip on eBay a lot? I've thought about getting it myself with the side skirts from the usdm sport. So the fitment wasn't too bad?

Old 10-26-2017, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
I like that shift knob a lot!

Old 10-27-2017, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by USDM View Post
I like that shift knob a lot!
Thanks buddy! It's an amazing shift knob. Perfect (heavy) weight and the texture of the delrin cover feels crazy good. It should be illegal haha.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
GK looks great!

Is that the rep Mugen lip on eBay a lot? I've thought about getting it myself with the side skirts from the usdm sport. So the fitment wasn't too bad?
Thanks dude!

Yup, that's the eBay rep one. I got it from (seller) Advanation https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Fit-1...YAAOSwCV5ZxXHJ

It's not very expensive (depending on where you live. Tougher for Canadians). For a rep. it's a really good fit. I doubt replicas get any better than this. I was expecting to struggle, but it went on easily. It helps having two people, one on each side. I made sure to test fit it before sending it off to the body shop, where they had to clean it up / sand it down a little (as it's obviously rougher finish than OEM / Mugen). There is a very little gap in one spot, otherwise, not much to complain about. The tricky part is making sure you're mounting it properly with enough 3M in the right spots.

Sport skirts are a great idea. I didn't have that option when trying to get the 'nearly-impossible-to-obtain' RS skirts. They didn't even announce the Sport when I ordered them. Anyway, hope that helps!

Old 11-02-2017, 09:13 AM
Quick question about your wheels.
Is there enough room to run center caps as well as a hubcentric ring?
I noticed you don't have center caps installed and wasn't sure if that's the reason.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of Rotas in hyper black.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone View Post
I noticed you don't have center caps installed and wasn't sure if that's the reason.
Because = race car and/or someone might think they're Regamaster EVO not Rota reps

Old 11-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
Because = race car and/or someone might think they're Regamaster EVO not Rota reps
Oh hi Rob, I see youíve finished your shift at the Ďsaltí mines. Not sure if many of us Fit owners are trying to pose as fast cars, but I wonít speak for you.

Anyway, Rob the real-wheel crusader nailed it with his very insightful response - race car, and trying to fool all of the gawking onlookers. As far as I know, the out-of-production Regamasters came in a very different tone of bronze, so I donít think I will be tricking anyone. As for race car, I think there is one hiding in the garage. I also think itís equipped with Gram Lights, and pretty sure itís not rocking any center caps either.

Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone View Post

I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of Rotas in hyper black.
Absolutely, youíll have no problems running center caps and hubcentric rings ! Iím not a fan of center caps (completely personal preference and prefer the simplicity), and although not necessarily common, I know some caps have a tendency to fall off.

Awesome, hyper black will look great for sure

Old 11-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by [LegenD] View Post
Absolutely, youíll have no problems running center caps and hubcentric rings ! Iím not a fan of center caps (completely personal preference and prefer the simplicity), and although not necessarily common, I know some caps have a tendency to fall off.

Awesome, hyper black will look great for sure
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Old 12-02-2017, 11:47 AM
This is REALLY nice and clean man. Great choices.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:02 AM
Wow! Love the look of the car! I had some similar ideas in mind (mostly the same wheels, just different color). The fitment looks great, although I may opt for Swift springs. Are you running spacers in the rear at all?

The RS skirts are a great touch! Looks better than the HFP parts we get here but I'm sure they cost a pretty penny shipping them over from Japan.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
hello fellow canadians!

nice car! may i ask where u get ur rotas and what u lower on?

btw, is there any FIT owners meet/gathering in GTA?

Old 01-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
This is REALLY nice and clean man. Great choices.
Thanks buddy, really appreciate it! Sorry for the late response, I tend to disappear during the -30 Canadian winters.

Last edited by [LegenD]; 01-07-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by ThadCastle View Post
Wow! Love the look of the car! I had some similar ideas in mind (mostly the same wheels, just different color). The fitment looks great, although I may opt for Swift springs. Are you running spacers in the rear at all?

The RS skirts are a great touch! Looks better than the HFP parts we get here but I'm sure they cost a pretty penny shipping them over from Japan.
Thanks man! I considered Swift as they're a solid choice for the Fit, but I've had some experience with Eibach in the past so I thought I'd give them a try. I believe they are just a little lower than the Swift - so far no complaints . No spacers, but I know they're very popular on the rear (I'm playing it safe haha).

Ah, thanks a lot, they were a little annoying to acquire, but I'm happy I got them. At the time, I didn't even have a choice since the facelift Fit with the HFP parts wasn't even announced or revealed. They weren't too bad when comparing to dealership prices here; I can look into it for you if you'd like (just forgot the details/exact pricing).

I have a few new things planned for this year, but I'm waiting for this crazy cold winter to pass! Anyway, let me know when you start your build !

Last edited by [LegenD]; 01-07-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LegenD's GK5 Build Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.