3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)

Old 06-18-2018, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
I have been eying exhausts for a while. To avoid as much "rasp" (fart can) as possible, I felt the Bisimoto Pulse Chamber was the best choice for me. Its also barely noticeable, very stealthy and doesnt draw unwanted attention from the local law enforcement

I'm extremely happy with how it sounds, nice and deep and no raspyness
youtube sound clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYUu...ature=youtu.be
(there are plenty of other sound clips out there, that are way better than mine)

Old 06-18-2018, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
I took the time to mod my intake box a little bit by blocking off the resonator chamber. Its hard to tell if it made any diff in noise, as the new exhaust drowns out everything else. I'll report back at a later date to see if theres any increase in mpg

Old 06-18-2018, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
After a month with the B&G springs, Ive decided to go with something else. Pref something to firm up the ride a little bit. A local craigslist ad popped up for some TEIN's so I decided .... why not?!

while we're in there, it was a good time to throw on camber bolts as well. if I could do it all over again, I'd like to try to install the bolts on the lower hole, as its more slotted and allows for room to fit the tab thingee

will report back in a week or so, with my thoughts on how they perform compared to the previous setups

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 06-18-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Discovered a random rear trim piece missing while sitting in "lounge mode"

Easy fit, albeit this tiny piece of plastic shouldnt be worth more than $5 imo

Old 06-21-2018, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Prior to slapping on new wheels and tires, I thought I'd take measurements of ride height for the tein/koni setup. The #s appear to be skewed, I wonder if its due to the way/angle I parked on the driveway? :shrug:

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 06-21-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:29 AM
Epic progress.
with the bouncing you noticed on the stock shocks, curious if a more tuned spring rate would have solved that.

the eibach kit https://eibach.com/us/c-189-product-releases-pro-kit-2015-up-honda-fit.html looks to be a good fit for the oe shocks based on their specs.. Thoughts? Im considering them.

Last edited by knope; 06-22-2018 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
From what I understand, Swift's and Eibach's are tuned (and so awesome) in a way that, prevents that bouncey effect. I personally have not had the luxury of either brand, so I cannot 100% confirm. I have had, swift's in the past on other cars, and I would most definitely put my $$$ on the swift's preventing the car from bottoming out, AND preventing bounce

Koni sells a "kit" where you get koni orange + eibach's, which leads me to believe that setup is perfect for one another. perhaps you may want to investigate that route/option?

Old 06-25-2018, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
From what I understand, Swift's and Eibach's are tuned (and so awesome) in a way that, prevents that bouncey effect. I personally have not had the luxury of either brand, so I cannot 100% confirm. I have had, swift's in the past on other cars, and I would most definitely put my $$$ on the swift's preventing the car from bottoming out, AND preventing bounce

Koni sells a "kit" where you get koni orange + eibach's, which leads me to believe that setup is perfect for one another. perhaps you may want to investigate that route/option?
Eibach gives you a very specific guide for how to cut the bumpstomps so there is no guessing involved, and you get the exact rates/performance they designed for. You can see the extra detail they provide here: https://eibach.com/us/c-189-product-...honda-fit.html

Old 06-25-2018, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
neat, it would appear the rears use eibach specific/eibach supplied bump stops?

"Bump-stop: Eibach bump-stop"

Old 06-25-2018, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
So like most, I wanted some wheels. I wanted light weight, I wanted affordable, and I wanted something with decent strength. The Miata guys seem to rave about Konig and their "flow formed" (flow forged) wheels. Upon research, I decided that it was a perfect fit to me.

More info here for those who care:
https://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-...heels/dial-in/

I found a steal locally, the wheels were in excellent condition and came with tires with 9/32nd tread, I couldnt say no

warning, fronts may POKE

Will 225/50s rub? It CAN, and it does for me

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 06-25-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Those of you who know me in real life, know that I own a ton of alignment gear. But a fender roller is sadly one thing that I do not own as of this moment. I do have a friend that will eventually help me pull/roll my fenders, but in the mean time ... I took measures to buy myself some time

(disclaimer, dont try this at home)

I went as slow and gentle as I could, to avoid "bacon fenders"

Old 06-26-2018, 09:11 PM
I know you said you're going to.. but HFP sides would like freakin' slick, especially with the new wheels. What offset are those? Spacing looks perfect in the rear, but I can definitely see why you're fighting the rubbing in the front.

Dig it. I've convinced the wife I need to put winter tires on the OEM wheels come later this year... so you know that means I have to have summer tires and wheels come next summer. *sunglasses on*

Old 06-27-2018, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
one day, skirts will be on the agenda. one day!

15x7J et35

I'm happy with the rears indeed. the front poke is bothering me, I'll try to address it soon with some negative camber and see where it falls

Old 06-27-2018, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)

updated my thread name to include a sweet and catchy title. everyone else out there has some rad names like "olga" or "grey goose" or other sultry/seducing names. my car is neither sexy or seductive so .... I figured lets call it as it is .... its a poor mans build!

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 06-27-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:39 PM
Looking great dude - despite you mentioning this being a 'poor mans' build haha, it's looking really nice. Plus, if you're satisfied and having fun with the build, imo that's what matters most. Really liking the roof wrap - I was actually wondering about it myself and while researching I noticed that New Zealand had some sort of a factory special edition that came with a black roof. How are you liking the setup with the Konis?

Old 06-28-2018, 09:18 AM
You should call it the EGG. It's on your plates after all.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:41 AM
I like the wheels! You make me rethink my "no wheel upgrade" mindset.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
Looking great dude - despite you mentioning this being a 'poor mans' build haha, it's looking really nice. Plus, if you're satisfied and having fun with the build, imo that's what matters most. Really liking the roof wrap - I was actually wondering about it myself and while researching I noticed that New Zealand had some sort of a factory special edition that came with a black roof. How are you liking the setup with the Konis?
Previous car was all about expensive and rare jdm parts, it is refreshing to just have fun with it and not over spend =)

Thanks for the kind words. I'm a huge fan of cars that come with black roof's. I had to steal that idea and apply it to our cars, and I'm loving the look.

Koni's ride comfy, and sporty. I do predict one day, I may want something MORE sporty and firm. and ride height adjustable .... time will tell (IE, will a deal pop up to entice me to spend)

Originally Posted by Helios
You should call it the EGG. It's on your plates after all.
lol, when the plates arrived .... I was pleasantly thrilled to see "EGG" in there

Originally Posted by marmaladedad
I justified my purchase because of weight diff. 26.9lbs vs 40.06lbs, my hope is this will translate to some better mpg and make the car feel faster.

My new wheels are 10.9 lbs and tires are 16 lbs. I believe the oem setup is:

lx wheels = 19.11 lbs
lx hub cap = 1.6 lbs
oem tire = 185 60 15 = 19.35 lb

OEM Honda Part 42700-T5R-A01 | Wheel Disk (15 x 6J) (Maxion Wheels)(Black)
OEM Honda Part 44733-T5R-A01 | Wheel Trim Assembly (15 x 6J)
OEM Honda Part 42751-FIR-013 | Tire (185/60R15) (84T)(FR740) (All-Season) (Firestone)

TL;DR = buy some wheels, YOLO man. lol

Old 06-28-2018, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
there is a big sale... its callin out to ya ... now would be a good time to buy
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/p...ns/4th-of-july

Originally Posted by marmaladedad
just to throw out a scenario for ya:

$480 for wheels
$163.88 for tires
----------------------
$643.88
-275 rebate (100 rebate for wheels, 75 rebate on tires, 100 rebate assuming youll pay with their store card)
----------------------
$368.88

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/b...ial-in/p/74406 - $120/ea

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/b...2-h457/p/19440 - $40.97/ea

Old 06-28-2018, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
there is a big sale... its callin out to ya ... now would be a good time to buy
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/p...ns/4th-of-july

just to throw out a scenario for ya:

$480 for wheels
$163.88 for tires
----------------------
$643.88
-275 rebate (100 rebate for wheels, 75 rebate on tires, 100 rebate assuming youll pay with their store card)
----------------------
$368.88

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/b...ial-in/p/74406 - $120/ea

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/b...2-h457/p/19440 - $40.97/ea
Shit. That is cheap as hell.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)