3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Old School Sound, New School Jazz

Old 12-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Old School Sound, New School Jazz

Don't think I ever actually introduced myself. I originally joined to learn about small odds and ends that could be done to the GK5 to help service and "mod" my girlfriends Aegean Blue Metallic. Well come to find out my girlfriend actually enjoys modifying her car, so things are starting to take a nice direction.

She picked the car up back in December 2017 from Team Honda in Baton Rouge, LA. 2018 Honda Fit Sport with Sensing. I decided to surprise her with some WeatherTech front floor mats. She then picked up the rear cargo tray, seat back protectors, and cup holder protector. Nothing major but all helpful mods for a daily driver.

Fast forward roughly a year to October when she tells me she wants to put wheels on her car. I asked her what she wanted and she said "I want to do some four spoke wheels. I love how quirky and odd ball they are." I was intrigued, but wasn't sure which ones she would like. We browsed a few different flavors, but it wasn't until we were watching an old StickyDilJoe Chronicles video that she fell in love with SSR Type X's. I told her these wheels would be hard to find nowadays, but that if we came across any we would buy them.

We found a set, took delivery, and went about cleaning them up. However, I'm particular and decided they would never meet my expectations. Thus led me to bring them to Powder Coating and Polishing Unique in Houma, LA for a fresh re-coat. Had them blasted sky white and ordered everything to go with them; tires, valve stems, caps, lugs, H&R springs, and SPC camber bolts.

Fast forward another few months to December 1st. Took the car out to the first Hybrid Racing Honda Meet at Tiger Honda in Gonzales, LA. This was the first time showing off the car and new look. It was well received and people were impressed how great the wheels looked on the new Fit. Enough with the words, here's some photos I grabbed after we got home from the meet. I'll add a few images from the meet later on.

Yes she's that nerdy that her license plate says Ravenclaw from Harry Potter.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Shutterspeed View Post
Well come to find out my girlfriend actually enjoys modifying her car, so things are starting to take a nice direction.
Marry her lol

Car looks great. Those wheels work really well for it. Great looking Fit.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator
Awesome color combination. Perfect finish on those rims make that Agean blue stand-out!!! Great job to both of you!!!
Is she liking the ride with the H&R springs?
Front n rear RED trim accents look classy!
Keep up the great work.��

Old 12-03-2018, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY View Post
Awesome color combination. Perfect finish on those rims make that Agean blue stand-out!!! Great job to both of you!!!
Is she liking the ride with the H&R springs?
Front n rear RED trim accents look classy!
Keep up the great work.��
Ride is really good for springs. Feels similar to stock except when you go over sections of interstate, then its bumpy. But they handle great and its the perfect daily driver drop for her.

Red trim is actually how the Fit Sport comes stock. They should tie into the red diamond stitched Clazzio covers I have coming for her for christmas.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
Marry her lol

Car looks great. Those wheels work really well for it. Great looking Fit.
Lol. Thanks. It's in the works, but she has to finish school first.